Thread: My PsP Account 7 Day Lock for Lack of IQ @ Sony. Not about Piracy. PLZ ASSIST.

Cuddlebuddy is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default My PsP Account 7 Day Lock for Lack of IQ @ Sony. Not about Piracy. PLZ ASSIST.

Ok so here is the deal, I recently decided that PsP was going to be my last real option as far as "Upgrade" went this generation. After the first one broke 3 days after, the second lasted a whopping 6, long story short I returned those to the stores and managed to get myself 3 solid 3001 series models and decided to keep em due to a sad story regarding dissappointment with the Ps3 I owned for 16 whole hours after searching for almost 13 months for a decently priced BC model. (I make my games go as far as possible, i.e. the 12 SNES, 29 NES, and 30+ sega cartridges and still functional systems to play them on stored in my closet)

Anyway I finally got all my Reward Zone Coupons used with bestbuy and in 3 weeks managed to get roughly 300.00 worth of points and a year with Ps+. Now I own and operate all 3 of my PsPs in my home, same MAC ID, and even same IP Addy and finally after trial and error managed to figure out where I would put all the DLC I got plus my UMD install files (not ISOs or CSOs mind you).

Here is the problem when I wiped all the systems with their said cards in place and formated I went to reactivate the account and got the error code 8078D880 can't find my notes from my 3 different conversations at the moment sorry. Anyway they told me that indicates a hidden 7 day account lock that renews each time you try to activate the device. Now when it denied each of the systems even the PS3 persistence paid off, try for 15 minutes, sign out come back later and try again, fixed it no problem. This is now 27 hours and countless tries renewing my 7 day lockout, and Sony has not notified me on any lock in my email, secondary email, phone, forum post, or the PSN messages when logged in under the sony site. Qruisity only told me that it couldn't connect to their server each time, with 1 of 4 variant but similar codes.

I have been patient but now I am losing it, 300 dollars worth of games I cannot play sitting on my Laptops with mediago, the Qr site, or the PSP store on my download list fully paid for along with an inability to use my last 20 bucks (and I do mean last cause not gonna be giving them much anytime soon.) so if someone has a possible fix to this please PM me if it involves possible pirates cheating the game makers outta their money (Piracy hurts good games coming out folks, not Sony please remember that) any possible solution or others getting this punishment for being a paying customer please add to the list with your experience as well, I will be calling them again in a few hours so anyone with this issue speak up so they can't keep turning away.

Sorry for the wall of text, this is now my 3rd forum post after 3 years cold turkey, it will come back to me I promise. So expect to see better model posts soon.

Cuddlebuddy Ver. A0.11

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

Exactly the same MAC addresses and IP addresses?.. are these running on the network at the same time?.

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Not sure on the ip address but the mac address should be unique to each psp.

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

IP must be unique on the network and the MAC should be unique to the device however, you can't have two of the same MAC on same network so not necessarily unique to the device.

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    Exactly the same MAC addresses and IP
    addresses?.. are these running on the network at the same time?.
    Sorry about not responding earlier, the super noob setup of the att wireless in my house was back when it was all new so the IP addresses are a rotation of 4 different ones depending on some random factor but 110% sure the mac addresses are identical for all the wireless setups here unless you input manual addy's (never knew before now cause me and my mom never ran our wireless at the same time (before I input manual addresses this morning it would cause latency hang ups and disconects on all but the first one connected. I am still a lover of ethernet cables for a reason lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    IP must be unique on the network and the MAC should be unique to the device however, you can't have two of the same MAC on same network so not necessarily unique to the device.
    I can honestly say that is news to me. Could that little ghost in the machine ,so to speak, with the wireless router from att be what caused all of this? I wish I had the foresight to take pictures of the mac addresses being identical, but hindsight always 20/20.

As to my original post, after 3 hours going up the corporate ladder, and being transferred all to hell they sent my butt to legal. Their legal department made it very clear that Sony's only 100% violation as far as ToS agreements go is notification, which as the only leg to stand on means little to a judge and I would end up just wasting my time. So unfortunately I am stuck waiting 7-8 days for it to reunlock which is a little annoying but atleast my money is burned along with court costs and a black listing for my cuddly soft ass.

I was given their actual physical mail correspondence which they assured me actually gets more attention since so few people can remember how to string a set of words together and manage to remember AEIOU and sometimes..... punctuation? So if anyone would like that address please PM me and I will get it to you unless someone will OK me posting it later or tomorrow.

I do feel better being totally right about not breaking posted regulatory or ToS implicit or explicit rules and regulations, so at least I don't feel like some one took my lollipop like I did in WoW dealing with blizzard and their 3 day ban for telling people to speak in whole sentences or do their homework.... or the omg that dude called me a lesbo so I called him a fag and we both get the 24 hour ban just in time for non-progression raids >_>

Auto-Merge: edit: forgot to thank you guys for the timely responses and you actually reading my post, and a few spelling errors I missed >_<

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

I didn't bother reading your last reply fully at the moment as it's early and I'm still tired from yesterday, BUT I'm sure you're wrong about being 110% or whatever sure about the mac address of the psps being the same. go into the system info and look on there as the mac address is unique to every psp, ps3, xbox, laptop etc unless you manually somehow change it(I'm no expert but from what I've read and my limited experience, all psps, laptops, iPod touch(I have 2 both with different mac address), ps3, wii, pc, wifi USB adaptor etc I have/my dad or sister have, all have a unique mac address.

Sorry to waste everyone's time, apparently changing your sign in ID email address to a new one, logging out and signing back in fixes all the lock issues.

I did not activate through the menu I let it auto activate by just downloading a game off the download list if that makes any sense.

Again sorry for any confusion I may have inadvertantly caused.

PS the IP addresses were identical but the mac address was different by 2 digits sorry about that. My wireless connections are working great now that all 5 wireless devices are on seperate IPs though >_<