The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PSP Downgrading Issues
Hey, I've been trying to get Fusa to work on my PSP and it hasn't been working so well because I have CFW 6.60 PRO-B8. The program's used on 6.39, so I wanted to see if it'd work better on the older firmware. On 6.60 the NES emulator is the only thing that works and everything else looks, well, wrong.
I found a Youtube tutorial on how to downgrade to 6.39 from 6.60 without a Pandora Battery, and I'm not sure if I should trust it.
Let me know if you've had any experience doing this, I'd like some recommendations before I go and screw my only PSP up. Some assistance would be nice, thanks.
I run a PSP Slim (2000) with PSP CFW 6.60 PRO B8 and I'm wanting to downgrade to 6.39 PRO-BX.
Last edited by ClipTy; 09-21-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Downgrading always poses a risk of bricking. I would try to find a better tutorial than one on youtube if I were you. As long as you do it right It should work just fine. I've downgraded from 6.39 to 6.20 twice for largely the same reasons and I haven't bricked yet.
Could you instruct me on what I should do to downgrade it without a Pandora battery? What tutorial did you use?
I didn't. I just followed the instructions that were included with the downgrader I used.
Originally Posted by ClipTy
Just note, disabling your plugins would be best.
The quick and dirty instructions are:
1) Download the Downgrader from here
2) Download 6.20 from here
3) Place the Downgrader into PSP/GAME. Just drag and drop the PSP folder from the archive into the root of the memory stick
4) You need to copy the 6.20 update to PSP/GAME/UPDATE
5) Run the downgrader, following the on screen instructions
6) If things go right you will get the upgrade screen for 6.20
7) Finish up the 6.20 upgrade
8) When it reboots it will give you a blue screen saying the settings are corrupted. Hit the O button and it will fix that
9) You can now either keep 6.20 or upgrade to 6.39
10) Install the proper Pro-B9 firmware
Thanks. I'll give this a try when my PSP decides to boot the program. I'll try it tomorrow. (You know how biopolar my PSP can be) >.>
Auto-Merge: Ok, I've got a bit of a problem. After going thru the downgrade screen, it is on the update for 6.20. The thing is, I let the update run all last night..The thing is going through a cycle. 84% to 99% then it drops back down to 84%. I don't know what to do and I don't want to turn off the PSP (brick it) What should I do?? The battery is fully charged as it's been on the charger all last night.
Auto-Merge: I turned the PSP off at 99%..I'm now getting an error screen that's in German. I can't get past the error screen and it's shutting off of me. I'm fucked.
Tags for this Thread