The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: List of PSP recommended homebrew

popopola is offline -Hacks God

Default List of PSP recommended homebrew

The PSP community contains some of the best homebrew games and applications ever made. I've put together a list of applications the PSP community has to offer.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1) Download the game/application
    2) Extract the file (Right click > Extract)
    3) Connect PSP to computer
    4) Drag game/application folder into GAME folder in your PSP
    5) Enjoy!

INDEX
    Games
    -CS psp
    -PSP Revolution
    -Stakker PSP
    -PSP DOOM
    -TetriAbetes
    -Boxhead: PSP
    -Galactic Breakout

Emulators
    -gpSP / gpSP kai
    -SNES9xTYL
    -RIN
    -Picodrive
    -NesterJ

Applications
    -PSPtube
    -FuSa
    -PSP Rhythm
    -Rock Station
    -iRshell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CS PSP

One of my favorite homebrew games on the PSP, CS PSP brings the counter-strike fun in a 2d bird's eye view type gameplay.
    CS PSP has online play and you can even make your own servers. A lot of people play this game online so you can expect to play against other people.
    You can also type text while you play. The game has just released it's latest version 1.6.

PSP REVOLUTION

I find myself playing this game daily. A VERY addicting game, PSP revolution will keep you hooked.
    Based on DDR, you use the D-pad and the Circle, Square, Triangle and Cross buttons to hit the notes.
    The best feature about this homebrew is that it is very customizable.
    Just search for a song in the search bar. Download the simfile and put it into the SONGS folder in the application.
    The game has just been updated to version 0.4

STAKKER PSP

Winner of the PSP-Hacks Homebrew Idol 2008 contest, stakker delivers simplistic and addictive gameplay
    The goal is to build up a tower of blocks and knock it down for points. It may sound wierd, but don't judge it until you try it!
    You can also listen to your own music while you play, just make sure your music is in ms0:/PSP/MUSIC and your set.

PSP DOOM

Classic DOOM homebrew game for the PSP.
    It's still addicting after all these years, :mrgreenthumbsup:
    This classic doom has the latest version of 0.7

TetriAbetes

Most say this is the best tetris port on the PSP.
    Still the classic tetris you know and love.
    This homebrew has just been updated to version 1.42

Boxhead: PSP

Top-down zombie blaster action! what is there not to love?
    This game is definitely fun to play and definitely one to check out

Galactic Breakout

Classic game with a twist. Galactic Breakout features block breaking fun with power ups
    One of the best looking homebrew games on the PSP, this one is sure to check out.

GPSP / GPSP KAI

Want to play GBA games on your PSP? Now you can with GPSP and GPSP Kai.
    GPSP can emulate gba games at full speed! A very impressive emulator. Pretty much all games work for it.
    GPSP is for PHAT PSP's and GPSP KAI is for SLIM PSP's. For phat psp users, put gpsp into your GAME150 folder
    Note: You will need a gba BIOS file to use the emulator, I cannot provide you with one. However, google is your friend
    The links below contain the latest versions.

SNES9xTYL

SNES emulation on the PSP has come a long way. This latest version Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08 works the best.
    At the moment, Chrono Trigger can be played full speed (The intro kind of lags.. but the gameplay is perfect)
    SMRPG is turning out great, but still pretty slow. The other snes games work fabulously.
    Check out this emulator to play some snes classics!

RIN

A long time ago, I had my pokemon crystal game stolen. You can imagine my joy when I heard of a gameboy color emulator for the PSP.
    Rin allows you to play the original gameboy games and gameboy color games on your PSP.
    The emulator emulates the games at full speed.

Picodrive

Picodrive lets you play Sega Genesis games and Sega CD games at full speed.
    Now you can enjoy some sonic games and other 16-bit classics.
    Sorry, blast processing not included ;)

NesterJ

Ahh yes, the grand daddy of all consoles.. the NES.
    NesterJ lets you re-play all those old classics the NES has to offer.
    All the games work at full speed.

PSPtube

PSP-hack's own Psimxc has been very hard at work fixing and tuning up PSPtube.
    his releases are frequent and amazing, and right now he has 2 versions
    1 PSPtube version contains only youtube and is very fast
    the other version contains many video streaming sites in 1 application, It is called Super PSPtube.
    Once again, I'd like to thank Psimxc for his hard work. Definitely check out PSPtube!
    *Password for Super PSPtube is psimxc_is_my_pimp

FuSa

FOR PSP SLIM OWNERS ONLY
    The description on the FuSa website (http://foosa.do.am/) has a great description:

As you know, sony doesn't allow to use interlaced mode while playing games.
    It's mean, that all users of SDTV (standard definition TV) aren't able to play their favourite games on TV screen :(
    But even if your TV supports progressive scan (aka HDTV), the picture will be not fullscreen.

This's holy sh*t! Let's get rid of this f*ckin limitations with FuSa!
    That's right, you can play your games and homebrew on your TV in fullscreen!
    The project is still in the works, but it works great. It may be a little slow but they're going to fix that in future updates.

PSP Rhythm

PSP Rhythm is a homebrew application audio sequencer.
    here is the brief description from the site (http://www.psprhythm.com/)

RHYTHM was created to entertain and inspire the end user (producer) by allowing the user to create music with a high level of artistic freedom.
    If you like making music, this application is for you. ;)

Rock Station

PSP-hacks very own Blade_Punk has created a drum kit simulator.
    This homebrew application will allow you to play the drums on the PSP
    The newest update includes a guitar simulator and composer. This update has made Vdrum into Rock station.

iRshell

The most popular shell for the PSP. iRshell allows your to launch your homebrew, UMD's and ISO's in 1 template.
    It also allows you to play your music in the background to your homebrew and games.
    It can be used as a remote. There are tons of functions for this application,
    you can read it all here: http://irshell.org/wikishell/index.p...hy_iR_Shell%3F

LIST IS WORK IN PROGRESS. PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS / SUGGESTIONS / QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU
    also, thank you to those that have provided screenshots. Your help is appreciated :cool:
    Last edited by dbrums; 04-13-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: updating

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Come on you gotta add BOXHEAD: PSP Style up there...

(Damn SG if only he would continue dev or give me the source... *hint* ;) *hint* )

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

No Shells?

irShell and NervOS FTW.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Furypaw is offline Programmer -Hacks Hacker

or tetrabetes, that was a good game.

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

*cough*cxmb*cough*

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

haha yeah, I have A LOT more to add, so don't worry

Psimxc is offline -Hacks Smarty

Cool i was looking for one of those emulator.. been wanting to try something i got plan.

Hey popopola what ever happened to your Kirby avatar?

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

cowboy bebop>kirby

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

M1557 is offline -Hacks Hacker

You should add psp rythm and psp doom in there.

And deff boxhead psp style.

3 of my most used apps.
    ::M1557::
    Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To
    No One > Gives A Fuck > About Your Firmware > History

Quote Originally Posted by M1557
    You should add psp rythm and psp doom in there.

And deff boxhead psp style.

3 of my most used apps.
    alrighty,

by the way, If someone could take a screenshot of the homebrew that they recommend that would be very helpful.

thanks

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast