The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Emulator List

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default PSP Emulator List

Edit 8/3/2011: This list is up-to-date as of September 14, 2010. A lot of stuff has changed since then and I haven't had time to keep up with everything. Mods and Admins: Feel free to update this list if you see something is outdated. My only request is that any updates are better than the previous and that any updated emulators are in English.

This is going to be a list of all PSP emulators with links to the latest versions. All of this information is on the PSP-Hacks Emulator page but people would have to dig through pages of emulator updates to find what they need or (*gasp*) they might have to use the search button! So here's my attempt at providing a full list.

Press Ctrl+F and type in the name of an emulator or system to easily find the download link in this list.

Listed in alphabetical order (emulators that start with A are at the top, emulators that start with Z will be near the bottom). Most of the information from I provide with each emulator has been taken from Wikipedia or PSP-Hacks.com.

Amiga
    Emulator name: PSPUAE v0.80 BETA - The Amiga emulator was a little confusing for me to figure out. If you have trouble refer to this.
    The Amiga was a family of personal computers, Commodore company's 16-bit generation home computer. The first model appeared in 1985 as a high-end product with graphical, audio and multitasking capacities ahead of its time.

Atari 800 as well as Atari 800XL, 130XE and 5200.
    Emulator name: Atari800 PSP v2.1.0.1
    The Atari 800 was announced in December 1978, though it didn't actually start shipping until late in 1979. Designed to look like a friendly typewriter, the Atari 800 is an expandable system with two easily accessible cartridge ports under a front cover, and a removable top with four expansion slots inside.

Atari 2600
    Emulator name: PSP2600
    The Atari 2600 is a video game console released in October 1977. The console was originally sold as the Atari VCS, for Video Computer System. Following the release of the Atari 5200, in 1982, the VCS was renamed "Atari 2600", after the unit's Atari part number, CX2600.

Atari 5200
    Emulator name: Jum52 v1.1
    The Atari 5200 SuperSystem, or simply the Atari 5200, is a video game console that was introduced in 1982 by Atari Inc. as a replacement for the popular Atari 2600. The 5200 was created to compete with the Intellivision, but wound up more directly competing with the ColecoVision shortly after its release.

Atari 7800
    Emulator name: PSP7800
    The Atari 7800 ProSystem, or simply the Atari 7800, is a video game console re-released by Atari Corporation in January 1986. The original release had occurred two years earlier under Atari Inc. The 7800 had originally been designed to replace Atari Inc.'s unsuccessful Atari 5200 in 1984, but was temporarily shelved due to the sale of the company after the video game crash. In January 1986, the 7800 was again released and would compete that year with the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Sega Master System.

Capcom CPS1 & CPS2 and Neo Geo MVS
    Emulator name: CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, and MVSPSP v2.3.1
    <-Insert information about these systems here->

ColecoVision
    Emulator name: ColEm PSP v2.6.1
    The ColecoVision is Coleco Industries' second generation home video game console which was released in August 1982. The ColecoVision offered arcade-quality graphics and gaming style, and the means to expand the system's basic hardware.

Commodore 64
    Emulator name: C64 Emulator VICE PSP 2.1.1 - Might only work on slims & brites, unconfirmed.
    The Commodore 64 is an 8-bit home computer introduced by Commodore International in January 1982. Volume production started in the spring of 1982, with machines being released on to the market in August at a price of US$ 595. Preceded by the Commodore VIC-20 and Commodore MAX Machine, the C64 features 64 kilobytes (65 536 bytes) of memory with sound and graphics performance that were superior to IBM-compatible computers of that time. It is commonly known as the C64.

MAME — the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
    Emulator name: PSPMame R0.6 or PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires
    MAME is an emulator application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software, with the intent of preserving gaming history and preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten. The aim of MAME is to be a reference to the inner workings of the emulated arcade machines; the ability to actually play the games is considered "a nice side effect".

MSX
    Emulator name: fMSX PSP v3.5.41
    MSX was the name of a standardized home computer architecture in the 1980s conceived by Kazuhiko Nishi, then Vice-president at Microsoft Japan and Director at ASCII Corporation. It is said that Microsoft led the project as an attempt to create unified standards among hardware makers. (I am not 100% sure if this is the same thing fMSX PSP emulates, please let me know if you know.)

NeoGeo Pocket
    Emulator name: RACE! PSP v2.16
    The Neo Geo Pocket was SNK's first hand held video game system, released in Japan in late 1998; however, lower than expected sales resulted in its discontinuation in 1999, and was immediately succeeded by the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Nintendo 64
    Emulator name: Daedalus (Revision 516 -this emulator is still in Alpha testing stages)
    The Nintendo 64, often abbreviated as N64, is Nintendo's third home video game console for the international market. Named for its 64-bit CPU, it was released on June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil.

Nintendo DS
    Emulator name:DSonPSP Unnoficial V0.1 This emulator will likely only play a handful of NDS homebrew and probably none of the official NDS games.
    The Nintendo DS, sometimes abbreviated to DS or NDS) is a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo. It was released in 2004 in Canada, the United States, and Japan. The console features a clamshell design, similar to the Game Boy Advance SP, with two LCD screens inside—with the bottom one being a touchscreen.

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
    Emulator name: NesterJ v1.13 BETA 2 or FCEU-PSP (FCEUltra Port) v0.3
    The Nintendo Entertainment System (abbreviated to NES or Nintendo) is an 8-bit video game console that was released by Nintendo in North America, Europe and Australia in 1985. In most of Asia, including Japan (where it was first launched in 1983), China, Vietnam, Singapore and Hong Kong, it was released as the Family Computer, commonly abbreviated as the Famicom.

Nintendo Game Boy
    Emulator name: EmuMaster v3.00 (also for Sega Master System & Game Gear) or Homer's RIN v3.3
    The Game Boy (ゲームボーイ) is an 8-bit handheld video game device developed and manufactured by Nintendo. It was released in Japan on April 21, 1989 (1989-04-21), in North America on July 31, 1989 (1989-07-31), and in Europe on September 28, 1990 (1990-09-28). In Southern Asia, it is known as the "Tata Game Boy". It is the first handheld console in the Game Boy line.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance
    Emulator name: UO gpsp kai 3.4 - You need to use Google to find the gba_bios.bin file for this emulator to work. It's copyrighted material so I can not post it here.
    In Japan, on March 21, 2001, Nintendo released a significant upgrade to the Game Boy line. The Game Boy Advance (also referred to as GBA) featured a 32 bit 16.8 MHz ARM. It included a Z80 processor and had a larger, higher resolution screen.

Nintendo Game Boy Color
    Emulator name: Homer's RIN v3.3
    The Game Boy Color is Nintendo's successor to the Game Boy and was released on October 21, 1998 in Japan, November 19, 1998 in North America, November 23, 1998 in Europe and November 27, 1998 in UK. As with the original Game Boy, it has an 8-bit processor. However, unlike the original Game Boy, this one has a color screen.

Sega Genesis, Mega Drive, and Sega CD
    Emulator name: PicoDrive 1.51
    The Mega Drive (メガドライブ, Mega Doraibu) is a fourth-generation video game console released by Sega in Japan in 1988 and Europe, Australia and other PAL regions in 1990. The console was released in North America in 1989 under the name Sega Genesis, as Sega was unable to secure legal rights to the Mega Drive name in that region. The Mega Drive, heavily marketed as "16-bit" due to its hardware, was Sega's fifth home console and the successor to the Sega Master System, with which it is electronically compatible.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
    Emulator name: s9xTYLmecm 091101 or s8xTYLmecm 091127 (newer, I just haven't tested it)
    The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (also known as the Super NES, SNES or Super Nintendo) is a 16-bit video game console that was released by Nintendo in North America, Europe, Australasia (Oceania), and South America between 1990 and 1993. In Japan and Southeast Asia, the system is called the Super Famicom (officially adopting the abbreviated name of its predecessor, the Family Computer), or SFC for short. In South Korea, it is known as the Super Comboy (슈퍼 컴보이) and was distributed by Hyundai Electronics. Although each version is essentially the same, several forms of regional lockout prevent the different versions from being compatible with one another.

Sega Game Gear
    Emulator name: EmuMaster v3.00 (Also for Game boy and Sega Master System)
    The Sega Game Gear was Sega's first handheld game console. The Game Gear was a portable version of the Master System with a lower resolution screen, but allowed for a larger color palette.

Sega Master System
    Emulator name: EmuMaster v3.00 (Also for Game boy and Sega Game Gear)
    The Sega Master System is an 8-bit cartridge-based video game console that was manufactured by Sega and was first released in 1986 in North America (7 months after the original NES) and in 1987 in Europe. Its original Japanese incarnation was the Sega Mark III, which was first released in 1985.

SEGA Saturn
    Emulator name: Yabause 0.9.10 - You must obtain the SEGA Saturn BIOS yourself; a simple Google Search will turn that up. This emulator only works for a PSP 2000 or 3000, it needs the extra RAM.
    The Sega Saturn is a 32-bit video game console that was first released on September 23, 1994 in Japan, May 11, 1995 in North America, and July 8, 1995 in Europe. The system was discontinued in North America, Europe, and Australia in 1998, and in 2000 in Japan. While the system was popular in Japan due to its successful marketing such as with the character Segata Sanshiro, it failed to gain a similar market share in North America and Europe against its competitors PlayStation and Nintendo 64.

TI-92 Calculator
    Emulator name: PSPXTI v1.3.0
    The TI-92 series of graphing calculators are a line of calculators produced by Texas Instruments. They include: the TI-92 (1995), the TI-92 Plus (1998,1999), and the Voyage 200 (2002). The design of these relatively large calculators includes a QWERTY keyboard. Because of this keyboard, it was given the status of a "computer" rather than "calculator" by American testing facilities and cannot be used on tests such as the SAT or AP Exams while the similar TI-89 can be.

TurboGrafx-16
    Emulator name: PCE for PSP v0.83D4
    The TurboGrafx-16 (in full, the TurboGrafx-16 Entertainment SuperSystem), known in Japan as the PC Engine, is a video game console developed by Hudson Soft and NEC, released in Japan on October 30, 1987, and in North America on August 29, 1989.

ZX Spectrum
    Emulator name: Fuse PSP 0.10.0.21: Sinclair Spectrum Emulator
    The ZX Spectrum (Pronounced "Zed Ecks Spec-trum" in its original British English branding) is an 8-bit personal home computer released in the United Kingdom in 1982 by Sinclair Research Ltd. Referred to during development as the ZX81 Colour and ZX82, the machine was launched as the ZX Spectrum by Sinclair to highlight the machine's colour display, compared with the black-and-white of its predecessor, the Sinclair ZX81.
    Last edited by dbrums; 04-13-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: updating

If anyone finds any mistakes please correct me. I have the latest versions of these emulators that I could find on the PSP-Hacks website and if there are any newer versions available please post the links here or in a PM to me. I will do my best to keep this up-to-date but I will still need help from everyone.

These emulators are (to the best of my knowledge) all in English. If you want to submit an emulator in a different language I'll add it but the only emulator links I'll keep up to date are the English emulators.
    Last edited by Organized_Chaos; 05-31-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

-Stickied-

June 3, 2010
    Updated Emulators:
    I added NesterJ v1.13 BETA 2 and Daedalus rev 507 to the list.

June 27, 2010
    Updated Emulators:
    I updated the link for TurboGrafx-16 Entertainment SuperSystem to the latest version - PCE for PSP v0.83D4
    Last edited by Organized_Chaos; 06-27-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Latest Daedalus : R516 http://pspslimhacks.com/n64-emulator...-revision-516/
    EDIT: Nice thread btw, +rep
    Note : All my guides are outdated.

Stinkee2 is offline Programmer -Hacks Hacker

Nintendo 64
    Emulator name: DSONPSP Alpha v1.0 By CoD3r-D or DSonPSP Unnoficial V0.1
    The Nintendo DS, sometimes abbreviated to DS or NDS) is a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo. It was released in 2004 in Canada, the United States, and Japan. The console features a clamshell design, similar to the Game Boy Advance SP, with two LCD screens inside—with the bottom one being a touchscreen.
    Why is there Nintendo DS stuff underneath the Nintendo 64 catagory?
    "PM Oyabun a bunch of gay pr0n and you're in." - ...BeAkEr... (BeAkErOo)

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkee2 View Post
    Why is there Nintendo DS stuff underneath the Nintendo 64 catagory?
    Because I fail at BBCode. I fixed it already lol

MCleveland is offline -Hacks Newbie

Asday is offline -Hacks Newbie

Something is horribly wrong with both NDS emulator links. The unofficial alpha wouldn't accept input with the included breakout game, and froze completely upon loading HeartGold, and the other link has 404'd and 403'd links everywhere.

Shame really, was gonna enjoy trying out a DS.

You won't be able to play many (if any) official NDS games with this emulator anyway. I'm sorry about the other link with the dead links in it. I'm going to remove it from the list. Looks like the person working on it has abandoned the project and let the links die. He was also banned from PSP-Hacks so I think it's best if that link just gets removed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast