Thread: Making EBOOTs from rom/emulators and optimizing Daedalus

levi wardrobe is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Making EBOOTs from rom/emulators and optimizing Daedalus

I decided not to post this in the Daedalus sticky because it's a two part post... and one part doesn't really relate to Daedalus.

Part1) I'm wondering how you can make EBOOTs and what you can make into EBOOTs... more specifically rom files. I find on my psp that emulators are okay, but really slow with sound enabled... yet eboot games run really smoothly since they aren't held back by the emulator running them... and then I realized on all my emulators I only have and play a select few roms. So I thought, is there anyway I could make a working EBOOT that will run a single game, a rom. Super Mario 64, Zelda Oot and MM are the games I'd like to do this with.

Part2) How can I 'optimize Daedalus on my psp... and by that I mean lower everything to bare minimum in order to have the best performance.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The only way I can think to make an eboot that will just run one game is to edit the source code of the emulator and make it run the rom instead of going to the menu. But you would still have the same limitations as you would just using the normal emulator.

levi wardrobe is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok. But here's the thing. I've played DOOM on emulators for my psp... and I've played DOOM that I downloaded as an EBOOT and it seems to run better. So there's no way to take a single rom, and have it 'run' off the PSP as opposed to the emulator? You can't have it run like an EBOOT or ISO/CSO? Because even games like GTA: Vice City, Driver 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 7,8,9 etc all perfectly.... they run way better that the N64 games... and those games are on par if not bigger and more complex than N64 games...

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I thought the eboot version of DOOM was a homebrew clone of the retail versions. Like they just rewrote the code from scratch.

IDK, maybe I'm wrong...

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

There is always a chance it was the PSX version of DOOM made into an Eboot.

OC is correct. It's going to be either the emulator running one specific ROM, which is pointless, or a complete remake of the game into a specific format. There is no other way around it.

smartmidget75 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by levi wardrobe View Post
    I decided not to post this in the Daedalus sticky because it's a two part post... and one part doesn't really relate to Daedalus.

Part1) I'm wondering how you can make EBOOTs and what you can make into EBOOTs... more specifically rom files. I find on my psp that emulators are okay, but really slow with sound enabled... yet eboot games run really smoothly since they aren't held back by the emulator running them... and then I realized on all my emulators I only have and play a select few roms. So I thought, is there anyway I could make a working EBOOT that will run a single game, a rom. Super Mario 64, Zelda Oot and MM are the games I'd like to do this with.

Part2) How can I 'optimize Daedalus on my psp... and by that I mean lower everything to bare minimum in order to have the best performance.
    i was wondering the same thing but turning it into an eboot would be more complicated than just treating it as "homebrew" and programming it that way. I know this a dead thread but i really really wanna play super mario 64 on my psp with audio and no lag i think if an expert works on it than it can happen. Do you have any knowledge in c+ or know anyone who does? cuz if you do than this might work and we could use super mario 64 as the test as its a relatively small games compared to zelda and its the mascot of the n64 anyway.