I think I will have to try this.

Back in the day I had a go at lua progging. was fun, will try this fo'sho

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

ive tried the first bit of the tut..

created that wave generator :posessed:

its pretty awesome :surprised:

gona try the rest of it 2moz

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

hey 'donkey. thanks for doing this. the only reason i hadnt done anything on the psp is all that cygwyn stuff. this is good what you've done.

i'm porting a tic-tac-toe program that i made for my coding class a couple of months back, and there's just one problem: the psp receives key inputs INSANELY fast. i open the program up on my psp and i get the splash screen with "press [X] to continue" at the bottom. i press X, and it must be reading like 60 "X" inputs because it performs the action for pressing X on the splash screen, then performs the X action for the main menu (so fast that you never see the menu), then starts doing the actions that X causes during the game. i need a way to tell it to clear out the memory and STOP TAKING GODDAMN INPUTS after it gets that first X signal (sorta like a "fflush(stdin);" does). any ideas?

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

^^IDK, perhaps have two loops? Eg, one to wait for the button to be pressed, then, another one to wait till it's released?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA
    ^^IDK, perhaps have two loops? Eg, one to wait for the button to be pressed, then, another one to wait till it's released?
    o.O

why the hell didnt i think of that?

PSdonkey is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Zingabura's idea sounds like a good one. Or you can also set the main action after the spalsh screen to a different button. For example, you can press x to start the game then you need to press triangle or circle to move the tic tac toe piece instead of just using x for everything. That way the program waits for a different button to be pushed instead of just x all the time. If you want post your source and we all can take a look at it.
    Obey Beaker. That is all.

Spoiler:
    Want to become a PSP Dev the easy way? Check out my tutorial for the PSP here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141...orial-t152466/
    Want to learn how to create your own games on the PSP? Check out my tutorial here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141...-your-t153653/
    Want to learn how to program C++ ? Check out that tutorial here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f124...ram-c-t122337/

oOSeY is offline -Hacks Monk

this is great! thanks psdonkey.. now got to brush up with my c++ programming.. :mrgreen:

:Need help? Click here first.

i got it working straight. i couldnt get zingaburga's method to work because it turns out that the psp isnt just registering an absurd amount of X inputs; it treats X as though it's constantly being pushed until it gets a command to do something with another button. i used 'Donkey's way to get around it.

the program works now: printing out the board, Home button, so forth. the only real problem now is that once again; the psp takes inputs EXTREMELY FAST. i have the spaces numbered and the player picks the number of the space they wanna move into. i've got the number on screen going up or down if the player presses the UP or DOWN button on the D-Pad, but the numbers go by so fast it's hard to get. and when you press R trigger to enter your move, it registers it like 5 times. the first one puts your piece on the board, and the other 4 go toward telling the other player that the space the game thinks he just tried to move into is already taken.

aside from aesthetics and that speed thing (i MUST figure out a way to slow this thing down), the game works just fine. after this is done i'm gonna port my connect 4 game :)
    thanks again, donkey

Download: http://files.filefront.com/tictactoe.../fileinfo.html
    it's got my makefile, main.c and the 1.0 eboot. my source code is messy right now...gotta clean it up a bit

PSdonkey is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

You guys can start off small wth your learning homebrew for the PSP. That's the way how everyone learns. Start by making a simple text statement or Hello world that prints on your PSP. Check out the lessons on psp-programming.com and post here if you have any problems understanding or implementing anything. Once you get a basic idea on how to create and or modify existing homebrew, then you can read up on some of the psp libraries to see how much the PSP can do. The PSP as is can do a whole lot without adding any libraries at all.

Edit:

I just saw your post killaj. Nice job, I'll take a look into your game.
    Obey Beaker. That is all.

Spoiler:
    Want to become a PSP Dev the easy way? Check out my tutorial for the PSP here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141...orial-t152466/
    Want to learn how to create your own games on the PSP? Check out my tutorial here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141...-your-t153653/
    Want to learn how to program C++ ? Check out that tutorial here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f124...ram-c-t122337/

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast