Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Release] PSP FTW! 2D v1.10

Artoro is offline -Hacks Newbie

[Artoro and BlkHalo are the same person, deal with it]

Alright, I'm using a PSP Go 5g running PRO B7 perma patch off of internal storage, and there's some issues with me playing:

Well, let me tell you exactly what happens, because I really want to play this game: Well, whenever I go to the game on my XMB (categorized), I can easily boot normally, but when I get to the screen where I'm supposed to select my wifi connection, my screen flickers the whole time. When I successfully connect to my wifi connection, I see the PSPFTW screenshot and the genesis compo screenshot. After they pass, I come to a light-greenish screen, where I see the text 'login' in the top left corner of my screen, and the fps in the top right corner of my screen, which is constantly changing, which could be a sign that my screen is still flickering, but it's really hard to tell... Other than that, the screen is empty. The only button I can press with a reaction to the game is the square button, which brings me to the default psp keyboard, and it says 'Enter your message' at the bottom right corner of my screen as if I was in a lobby with other players, but I haven't even 'logged in' at all or done anything, actually. I can cancel the text entry or enter a message in, but it just returns to the same green screen I was just on before I hit the square button. Eventually, the game doesn't crash, but my psp just returns to the XMB, I don't even get an error message, help? I've tried this 3 times and have gotten the same results, and I've tried disabling all of my 'game' plugins, and even using both the signed and unsigned versions, still getting the same results.

edit:
    I'm pretty much having the same issue as gutrunks btw...

hardhat is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

Sorry about that. It means the server is down, actually. I manually restart the server most days, but I was out of town this week on business and didn't check it as much as usual.

The secret to beating Macbot is to propose a rules change and vote it up. Then macbot never wins. Although I can usually beat Macbot more than half the time even without a rules change.

I've fixed a few bugs on the server side. The server recovers from many errors, and is set to come back up again within 2 minutes now with those types of errors. I still have 2 more bugs outstanding I guess, so I'll keep working on those. I'll make a post with the source for the server soon.

If many people run servers, the next thing to do is keep a list of them, and have a status page for selecting any active server. It is in plan, but I haven't done it yet.

My 2D homebrew | My 3D homebrew with Team Sushi. | My YouTube channel. | My Twitter
    Spoiler:

hardhat: F1 == help on Windows
    J697: oh I have never used the help, so I wouldnt know
    hardhat: so that's why you're always lost. :-P

bloodles is offline Programmer -Hacks Smarty

oh cool game, im soon going to release a homebrew of my own, very cute game lol nice job!!

Thanks. My next online PSP game will be asyncronous mutliplayer, since that seems to better suit the player based for the PSP. So look for that next summer hopefully. I have a couple of other games that I've been working on too for the PSP so we will have to see if I can pin down the release date on any of them.

Are you giving previews of your game yet?

My 2D homebrew | My 3D homebrew with Team Sushi. | My YouTube channel. | My Twitter
    Spoiler:

MTN
    MTN is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

people are gonna be hacking/making games for PS Vita by then

-"OOh! sceGuClear?! Sounds exciting! I wanna stick my dick in it!" Stinkee2
    -DO NOT choose "install alongside other OS" when installing ubuntu 10.04 or higher

Awesome. I hope that they aren't just Android games. It has some serious hardware that could really be put to good use.

I think I'll still be programming PSP games in two or three years though, just like the GBA homebrew community kept on for a few years after the NDS SDK came out.

Spoiler:

Casavult is offline -Hacks Smarty

Hardhat, is this the latest version still? And are the servers still running because I'm stuck at the Login screen and cannot do anything besides press square and enter a message.
    PSP 2000 TA-085v1 32GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PSP 1000 TA-086 8GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PS Vita 3g + Wifi 32GB 2.02 ARK eCFW
    PS3 Fat 750GB (60GB) 4.41 Rebug CFW ~ PS3 Fat 500GB (40GB) 3.55 Rebug CFW

Sorry, I haven't been running the server lately. Since there is still some interest, I'll work on a little update to allow other people to run a server themselves. I'll put out an update in October/November sometime either way.

Spoiler:

HadesMinion is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
    Sorry, I haven't been running the server lately. Since there is still some interest, I'll work on a little update to allow other people to run a server themselves. I'll put out an update in October/November sometime either way.
    Making an update that allows users to start their own server is little? Damn I need to get better at this whole programming thing lol, when people told me some people practiced for years I didn't think I'd be one of them o.o

Well, I had alway planned for the server to be possible to run by a variety of people, but I didn't have much programming time available in the last month of the compo to actually implement that feature. So since it is a planned feature and I structured the program to allow for that, it shouldn't be so bad to add in.

And yes, I have worked hard to gain the skill in programming that I have. I have been programming since I was 8 years old (and I'm 39 now, so that's a lot of code).

Spoiler:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2