Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Release] PSP FTW! 2D v1.10

hardhat is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

Arrow [Release] PSP FTW! 2D v1.10

Time for a battle royale with a bit of online fun.

Post compo version 1.10: http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/psp/pspftw2d110.zip (unsigned)
    pspftw2d110 signed (and shrinked) http://www.mediafire.com/?nvdtwbv0ttfxcd9
    - many improvements to move the frame rate from 25 fps to 75 fps (a much smoother experience)
    - should fix the initial "Choose your network" dialog a bit (although it is still flickery for some reason).
    - replaced the little squares with animated characters by Trent Gamblin (Modified BSD) to improve the frame rate
    - changed the hud from drawn text to graphical (to improve the fps) with graphics from NightStar3
    - changed the background to a light color and the text to a dark color to elimainate draws a drop shadow (to improve the fps)
    Some screenshots of that version:

look for more hidden here:
    Spoiler:

PSP FTW is an online game where you use fireballs, collect mana, and visit waypoints to win the game. The twist is that the rules can be changed by the players, who vote on the change.

- Chat online with other players from the lobby
    - Join games created by other players
    - Create your own game, and have others join

Players take turns to have 30 seconds to propose a new win condition. If you create a new rule, all players vote on it, a majority changes the win condition.

- barriers are bright green.
    - players are red, orange and yellow
    - waypoints are blue
    - mana is dark green and always appears on waypoints

Initially the goal is to collect 3 mana. Shooting a fireball uses up 1 mana, if you have any.

Across the bottom are the stats for all participating players:
    M: mana collected
    H: hits you've made to another player with a fireball
    B: fireballs that you've successfully blocked
    W: waypoints touched in the game so far.

I also am willing to release the server with source. It has been tested on Windows, Linux and Mac OS, but I'm unclear from the rules about whether it is allowed to be posted here or not. Currently it connects by default to my server (the Team Sushi PSP FTW! server) which is hosted in the US at http://adamcon.org so if you want to check your ping times you can.

For this version the screen updates only when the server transmits an update, so eventually we will want to have multiple servers with low ping times for different parts of the world. Eventually I will release a version with smoothing, so that that FPS rate is fully used (instead of having the server update 10 times per second with chunky movement on the client side).

My 2D homebrew | My 3D homebrew with Team Sushi. | My YouTube channel. | My Twitter
    Spoiler:

hardhat: F1 == help on Windows
    J697: oh I have never used the help, so I wouldnt know
    hardhat: so that's why you're always lost. :-P

DClub245 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Nice job as always hardhat!! i'd wish i had more time to help you alot more than before but btw whats up bro! its been awhile

hardhat is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DClub245 View Post
    Nice job as always hardhat!! i'd wish i had more time to help you alot more than before but btw whats up bro! its been awhile
    I'm up to endless game programming of course. This month I have some iPhone games, at least one of which I will release. So that's good. And there are two games for PSP Genesis that weren't quite finished, so I'll be completing those in the near future. And then there is my Toronto Game Jam game that I should be showing in October.

My 2D homebrew | My 3D homebrew with Team Sushi. | My YouTube channel. | My Twitter
    Spoiler:

hardhat: F1 == help on Windows
    J697: oh I have never used the help, so I wouldnt know
    hardhat: so that's why you're always lost. :-P

MTN
    MTN is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

you really meant it when you said you plan to stick around for a long time
    nice job

-"OOh! sceGuClear?! Sounds exciting! I wanna stick my dick in it!" Stinkee2
    -DO NOT choose "install alongside other OS" when installing ubuntu 10.04 or higher

PearLBLacK is offline vaca -Hacks Enthusiast

Nice, hardhat!

greg is offline PSP-Hacks -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
    And then there is my Toronto Game Jam game that I should be showing in October.
    I gotta make it this year for sure!

PSP FTW is an online game where you use fireballs, collect mana, and visit waypoints to win the game. The twist is that the rules can be changed by the players, who vote on the change.
    Genius means of online play. Downloading now!

I also am willing to release the server with source. It has been tested on Windows, Linux and Mac OS, but I'm unclear from the rules about whether it is allowed to be posted here or not. Currently it connects by default to my server (the Team Sushi PSP FTW! server) which is hosted in the US at http://adamcon.org so if you want to check your ping times you can.
    By all means, post the server with source if you'd like. I totally dig the idea.

Branndons is offline -Hacks Newbie

Im downloading it now. Hope to see some of you guys online ;D

I've been playing with macbot ... he's (she's?) fast getting around dammit.

one thing I noticed, adding a new WiFi connection while in game is really glitchy - hard to tell what's going on.

PSP-2000 running the signed version.

gutrunks is offline -Hacks Newbie

i'm having a problem with it, if u can help me. i start it up, connect to internet (during all this the screen flickers) and then a light blueish screen comes up with login written in the top left corner. from this point on i can only press [] to change my name i guess and then nothing (screen still flickers). after some time the game just closes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast