The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: [Release] Mobile Assault 1.7.4

GlennNZ is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default [Release] Mobile Assault 1.7.4

We are pleased to announce the release of 1.7.4 of Mobile Assault for PSP homebrew and iOS devices. Additions include a new mission, dynamic menu background and new frigate unit. The full changelist is as follows:

Features
    * New dynamic menu background.
    * Added a 28th Mission called 'Beachhead'.
    * Added a frigate unit which acts as a helipad.

Bug Fixes
    * Fixed bug where all AI Apaches were having their weapons upgraded along with the player's Apache.
    * Fix bug where hellfire accuracy is reported to the leaderboard server as 100% all the time.
    * Fixed stability issues and random texture disappearances on PSP.

Improvements
    * The player's Apache can now collide with other aircraft.
    * The player's apache, when landed into a building, will automatically take off again.
    * Tank shells are now white.
    * Added a water texture.
    * Fixed some typos made in mission messages.
    * Added lighting/shading to units and structures (PSP)

Download from here: http://download.codetactics.com/rele..._1.7.4_psp.zip

We're still trying to finish French and Spanish translations, so if you'd like to help us out, please contact us.

As always, we appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

bloodles is offline Programmer -Hacks Member

Cool Keep it comin

Wow really nice game lol I'm a 2d developer so I think this is gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by bloodles View Post
    Wow really nice game lol I'm a 2d developer so I think this is gorgeous
    Thanks. Justin and I have been working on this for what seems like ages now. Hopefully it still has some life left in it, but in terms of features, we've coded ourselves into a corner because of all the weapon balances and use of the Leaderboard.

It'd be nice to get update some of the building models and improve the frame rate though.

HadesMinion is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm also a 2d programmer, I hope to get into 3d but it'll take time. Anyways, looks great! A quick question; is it difficult to program for iOS devices in comparison to the PSP? (And do I need a computer running iOS?)
    Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by HadesMinion View Post
    A quick question; is it difficult to program for iOS devices in comparison to the PSP? (And do I need a computer running iOS?)
    Keep up the good work
    PSP is difficult to code for because the debugging tools are not as easy to use as iOS development tools on Mac with XCode.
    What I did 3 and half years ago when I started Mobile Assault was make a Linux version using an IDE, then hoped like heck it compiled using the PSP tool chain. The IDE was the easiest way to find the majority of the bugs, but if there was something PSP specific then it was a lot of trial and error, or using PSPLink to print out some debugging info.

When Justin started helping out we made a mac and windows build so we were able to use their debugging tools. These days it just works on mac, iOS and PSP.

Also, documentation for PSP homebrew development is incredibly limited compared to iOS.

For iOS development you need a mac, xcode (developer tools) and a license which costs about $100 US a year.

We use PSPGL for Mobile Assault so that we can keep coding using OpenGL, but we've had to use work arounds for some of the limitations. i.e we've found that we can't use lighting, texturing and color/blending at the same time although we can use 2 out of 3 of those things at once. We've never figured out why that was so.

In summary, if one was to start a new project now, I'd discourage trying to make a PSP homebrew game as so much time is spent trying to get things to work. That time is better spent actually making a game. iOS is really the way to go at this point in time. It's a terrible thing to say on a PSP homebrew site, I know, but it's what we've come to realise recently.

I hope that helps.

Korppu is offline -Hacks Newbie

Whooa, just like the old one=good game, but this is better . Anyway I discovered that whenever you would like to add new profile and type the name and press START (enter) to confirm it, the game "crashes" (only white screen and "Mobile Assault" text). After that you're able to quit the game with HOME button, but then it lags, it doesn't quit. On screen there's only that please wait... This happens on CFW 6.60 PRO B-9 if it changes anything...

But great game afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by Korppu View Post
    ...I discovered that whenever you would like to add new profile and type the name and press START (enter) to confirm it, the game "crashes" (only white screen and "Mobile Assault" text).
    Ouch. I better have a look into that. Thanks for the feedback, Korppu.

Turns out, while I was making the final iOS build for 1.7.4 I found a couple more bugs which hopefully no one notices. I had to fix them for the final iOS build though.

Quote Originally Posted by Korppu View Post
    But great game afterall!
    Thanks.

Casavult is offline -Hacks Smarty

I love this game, updating now.

Thank you, for all your hard work.
    PSP 2000 TA-085v1 32GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PSP 1000 TA-086 8GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PS Vita 3g + Wifi 32GB 2.02 ARK eCFW
    PS3 Fat 750GB (60GB) 4.41 Rebug CFW ~ PS3 Fat 500GB (40GB) 3.55 Rebug CFW