Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: 4.01/5.00 M33/5.50 GEN Custom Themes Installation (Flash0)

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by deshet View Post
    Hi All,

I need some help I am running cfw 5.50 GEN D2 .... I am trying to update the theme to the Mario theme. I was going through the tut but have had some issues getting it to work. When I put files in the vsh, module, and the resource folders am I suppose to delete the orginal contents of these files prior to making any changes.

Thanks
    Backup flash0 before replacing any files.

You don't have to delete the original files, just overwrite them.

If you have a PSP 1000, and the files you are flashing aren't compressed, you could get a CRC error.

If you do have a PSP 1000, you can delete or dummy the dic folder to free up some flash space.

If you have a slim, you have enough free flash space to just flash the files uncompressed.

games0124 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Wow putting a theme on your psp is hard. So many steps just to put a theme for your psp.

Dark1337 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Awesome tut man! Finally! My psp is loaded with a theme I love and don't need a specific memory card with cxmb enabled for it. Plus rep!

Google is your friend.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by games0124 View Post
    Wow putting a theme on your psp is hard. So many steps just to put a theme for your psp.
    You can use CXMB to load themes on your memory stick. That's much easier but it only works as long as your memory stick is in the PSP.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    Step 2:

Dummying or deleting the dic folder. Delete the folder entirely,
    Or open each file with notepad, delete the contents and put a 0:
    What is the purpose of the dic folder? Before I get rid of it I want to know why it what exactly I'm losing. It must have been put there for a reason, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be there in the first place.

Why would you dummy it if you could just delete it entirely? Wouldn't deleting it just be easier? Is there an advantage to doing it the long way (dummying)?

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    What is the purpose of the dic folder? Before I get rid of it I want to know why it what exactly I'm losing. It must have been put there for a reason, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be there in the first place.

Why would you dummy it if you could just delete it entirely? Wouldn't deleting it just be easier? Is there an advantage to doing it the long way (dummying)?

The dic folder (dictionary files), contains tons of information (Japanese business names, Japanese bands, definitions, etc.) and it also has a built in spell checker and i believe it integrates with the browser as well.

If you delete the folder and play MP3s that use shift-jis code (character encoding for the Japanese language), you'll get a BSOD.

Dummying the files prevents the BSOD, because the dictionary files are still there to point to.

If you don't have your PSP region and system language set to Japanese, ornplay MP3s that use shift-jis code, deleting the folder is completely safe.

Dyspareunia is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well, seems likes it's been months since someone posted in here... But I'm a noob and I'm STUCK (or confused)...

I'm running windows 7 x64, When I unhide everything in my folder options I see no flash0 directory when I enable USB mode in my recovery menu. When I downloaded that unlocker.bat and ran it as an admin I just saw a lot of 'access denied' messages and then it saying 'complete'.... I still see no flash0 directory which is only the first step....

I'm also a bit lost on where to download these custom themes, the regular .ptf files are a dime a dozen, but I haven't seen any .rco stuff??

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dyspareunia View Post
    Well, seems likes it's been months since someone posted in here... But I'm a noob and I'm STUCK (or confused)...

I'm running windows 7 x64, When I unhide everything in my folder options I see no flash0 directory when I enable USB mode in my recovery menu. When I downloaded that unlocker.bat and ran it as an admin I just saw a lot of 'access denied' messages and then it saying 'complete'.... I still see no flash0 directory which is only the first step....

I'm also a bit lost on where to download these custom themes, the regular .ptf files are a dime a dozen, but I haven't seen any .rco stuff??

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
    You need to tick the "Show protected operating system files/folders" in order for the rest of flash0 to show.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Dyspareunia is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks for the reply! I tried another PSP of mine and it worked fine!!!

I'm now stuck at another, what seems much more difficult point.

I backed up my flash0 no problem. I've downloaded NUMEROUS themes and none of them will fit, some by just over 1MB some by over 4MB, I've tried deleting the ENTIRE directory, then re-adding everything with the modified files already merged. Still, nothing. I've deleted the entire dic directory, and done the rename and replace trick in the fonts directory... Quite frustrating.

So, I see there is a plugin called CXMB that can load .ctf themes on your PSP! Great I figure. I copied it over, took care of my vsh.txt and enabled it in the recovery menu. So far so good. Copied over a bunch of *.ctf files, I can see them in my themes folder and see a preview! I try and apply one, the screen goes black, the machine seems to soft boot and no theme has taken effect... *sigh*

CoOL KiD 1880 is offline -Hacks Smarty

OK. FIRST what is a semi brick Second, why when i press Toggle USB (flash0) it displays my memstick not the files that you showed?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22