Thread: [PSP] Rcomage v1.0.2 - ZiNgA BuRgA's new RCO manipulation tool

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default [PSP] Rcomage v1.0.2 - ZiNgA BuRgA's new RCO manipulation tool

Source

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgA BuRgA

Firstly I apologize for taking so long to get this out. I know some of you may have seen some themes created using this tool for quite a while; I originally had planned to release this months ago, however I got hit with more than expected workload this semester and had really little time to actually work on this.
    I had some free time recently, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to try to push out a release. Unfortunately it lacks many things I wanted to have in a public release, but I guess that doesn't matter too much, maybe...

Anyway, since this is a bit of a rushed release, there's a number of "suboptimal" things done here, such as me not really checking stuff (so if you find issues, please report so I can fix). Sanity checking in the code really sucks, so it should be easy to stuff up the program too, but please still report these so that I know where to prioritise checks xD.

Until I get MinGW working, this app requires MS's lovely Visual C++ 2008 SP1 runtime, available here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...D-3802B2AF5FC2
    (when the source code is released after I clean stuff up, the CLI should also compile on Linux)

About
    Rcomage is a general RCO manipulation/creation tool, which I hope, will replace RCO Editor (and potentially rcotool in the future).
    It's a CLI (command-line interface) however I've provided a simple Windows GUI to save you from remembering commands (though you may need to trawl through an XML file).

It currently only has two main functions - "dump" (dumps contents of an RCO) and "compile" (compiles an RCO from a dump).
    For modifying an RCO, you would dump it, modify the dump, then compile it.
    A dump will consist of an XML file, which contains all the metadata of the RCO (basically, it's structure) as well as various resources, such as images, sounds etc.

How to use
    Well, as mentioned above, basically dump and compile is the only thing you can do.
    As for information on the XML structure, I don't really have the time to write a good guide, so I guess you'll probably just dump various RCOs to get an idea of how it works. (I'd be willing to assist if someone would write a guide for me)
    A quick idea of the structure is shown in the readme.

!! I strongly suggest that you don't use Notepad to edit the XML files. Suggested applications include Notepad++ and Notepad2 (or your favourite text editor; most should overcome the deficiencies of Notepad).

Notes
    Because I was silly when writing RCO Editor, it doesn't put in adler32 checksums for compressed images, etc, and thus, anything modified with it will generate a warning in Rcomage. Otherwise, should work fine.
    Also, Sony's GimConv, which is used to convert GIM images, is a little slow, so if you choose to perform the conversion (affects both dumping and compiling), expect to wait some time...

Unknown values
    If you go through dumped XML structures, you may notice a number of "unknown" labels for various objects (and some anim entries). Finding out what these values do is, unfortunately, a little time consuming and I don't really have that much time to test what each thing does. It would be great if people would volunteer to play around with these values to see what effect they have, and I can add the definitions to Rcomage. (thanks in advance )

Credits
    - highboy for his WAV <-> VAG conversion sample code
    - Z33 for sample GIM handling code and his various RCO tools as well as guides/investigations on various file formats
    - creators of 7-zip for their awesome implementation of deflate
    - supporting libraries: libxml2, iconv and zlib
    - alpha testers, for discovering some issues and supporting theme development
    - everyone else supporting PSP customisation and homebrew scene (too numerous to name)
    - anyone I forgot to mention

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgA BuRgA

Updated to v1.0.1:

- fix crash with WAV -> VAG conversion
    - fix sound clipping issues with WAV -> VAG conversion (fix appears to work, but I really haven't looked at it much)
    - added ability for compile function to read from stdin
    - use \ for directory separators on Windows
    - slight speedup with gimconv (no longer invokes the cmd shell)
    - '--xml-only' switch for dumping removed, use '--resdir -' instead
    - fix bugs relating to handling XML files with resource dumping disabled
    - minor changes to messages
    - GUI will attempt to use relative paths instead of always relying on absolute paths
    - fix folder creation bug in GUI

Have also done some structural changes internally - hope I didn't mess anything up >_>
    With this, I'll see if I can make a anim guide soon.

Download:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dbrums; 04-13-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: updating

Nothingface420 is offline Theme Developer -Hacks Veteran

can't believe this has only had one download & no comments.
    this site sure has been dead lately (the psp customization section)

anyways this tool is amazing, it will change themes forever.
    also has the ability to compress/decompress rco's, no need for Resurssiklunssi anymore

thanks Zinga!

Asch18 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I agree with NothingFace420... this IS an amazing tool. It's just what I've been looking for all this morning XD

Rockets is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is there any manual for this app?

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan