Thread: Custom OS or CXMB??? D:

Penguiin is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Custom OS or CXMB??? D:

Well I'm turning my PSP into a iPod type thing and I was wondering can I put a custom OS on it, like windows or something. Or modify the XMB to remove all other icons and automaticly load up the music one? I really need this help please <3

Str33tG33k is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Penguiin View Post
    Well I'm turning my PSP into a iPod type thing and I was wondering can I put a custom OS on it, like windows or something. Or modify the XMB to remove all other icons and automaticly load up the music one? I really need this help please <3
    You can't install another OS on the PSP. The best you could do really would be to use DOSbox PSP to run Windows 3.1, '95, or '98 (though they don't run the best).

There are all sorts of Apple/iPod custom themes you could install, but I doubt this is what you're looking for.

As far as removing icons from the XMB, that can be done. However, I'm not sure about the details, as I'm not experienced with it. And as for automatically loading up the music icon, I don't know. Hopefully somebody who knows will point you in the right direction.