Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrink Your Iso

barnes8 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

FIRST OFF THANX FOR READING THIS AND THANX FOR THE STICKY
    PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE GUIDE BEFORE POSTING IN ORDER TO PREVENT YOURSELF FROM LOOKING LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT.

Heres some help if people are trying to shrink an Iso to fit on smaller sticks or just to make them smaller in order to fit multiple games on 1 stick. Im gonna Doing this can make you lose music or video but it can be worth it. Whats better 1 game with full sound and video at a time and have to switch games every day or 4 games missing some music or video.

I know there is the program UMD ripper which is supposed to do the same thing but from my experience it doesnt shrink as well as by hand. Beside doing it by hand isnít really to hard especially if you have help. So if your ready lets start!

================
    STEP 1 GET AN ISO
    ================
    I cant tell you how to do this since it is illegal. Once you do have one move to step 2.

====================
    STEP 2 MEET YOUR ISO
    ====================
    Before you start shrinking the ISO you will want to understand it. It should be 1 big file.

1) You will first need to open the ISO. To do so you will need the program Winrar. If you donít have it search google for it. Google is your best friend.

2) Open the ISO with Winrar and extract all of the files to your desktop. Now on your desktop should be a folder called (PSP_GAME and a file called UMD_DATA.bin). Do not mess with the .bin file.

3) Go inside PSP_GAME and you should find some files, and 2 folders. The various files are the images, music, and videos the PSP displays when you first insert a UMD and you move to the game section. Leave all of these files alone.

4) Now enter the folder called SYSDIR. Within this folder you will find 2 files and possibly a folder. The files are boot.bin and eboot.bin which should be left alone since they are what load the game. If there is a folder it will be called UPDATE and of course consists all of the files required to upgrade your firmware.

5) Finnaly within the folder USDIR is the ďMeatĒ of the ISO. This is where you will find all of the files the game uses during play. The USDIR folder is where you will be doing most of your work.

Now that you understand the contents of an ISO you are ready to begin.

======================
    STEP 3 START SHRINKING
    ======================
    Now you are ready to begin. First you will want to follow these basic steps. Do this in every ISO you with to shrink.

1) Delete Update folder in SYDIR - If this folder exists you should delete it. The files are useless to you unless you intend on upgrading.

2) Delete .pad files. - .pad files are only used to load when using UMDís these files can be simply deleted and they will shrink the ISO by great amounts. .pad files are not always present. Check the USDIR folder for them. if you donít find them there the game probably doesnít have them.
    ====================
    STEP 4 DUMMY FILES
    ====================
    You can now shrink the ISO even further by doing whatís called dummying. Basically you create a fake file that is 0kbís in size to replace un-needed files such as music or video. Below is an explanation for different files.

=====
    MUSIC
    =====
    Music can add to the feel of a game but it takes up lots of space in most games. If you are willing to lose the songs you will have to dummy the music. Music can usually be found with ease. In most easports games you will find the tracks in eatracks. One you have located the music files create a new folder on your desktop. Then open up note pad and copy the following text into it.

IF NOT EXIST DUMMY mkdir DUMMY
    FOR %%A IN (*) DO TYPE > DUMMY\%%A
    Del DUMMY\dummy.bat

Save this file as dummy.bat in the new folder on your desktop. The file should show up as a batch file rather than a text document. Copy and past all of the music into the new folder and double click on the dummy.bat. This should now create a new folder called dummy. Enter this folder and you should find copys of all the songs. but if you check they are 0kb. Replace the originals in the ISO with these to shrink your ISO.

=======
    MOVIES
    =======
    Unlike music you cant replace movies with 0kb files. The game requires there to be an actual video in place. Rather than dummying with okb files you will need take a small .pmf movie that actually works. Just copy the video, rename it as one of the larger movies and replace. For example in a ea sports game one of the movies may be the clip where the companys symbol come up and it says ďea sportsĒ . This file isnít going to be as big as an entire intro movie so rename the ea sport clip to match the intro clip in order to replace it. A good choice for a working .pmf movie is the one that is usually found within the PSP_GAME folder. I think its called INTRO1.pmf or something.

NOTE - If any one can explain to me how to attach files to my post I can attach a very small working . pmf movie you can use.

===========
    OTHER FILES
    ===========
    For any other file you can usually just dummy them like you do with music. Later in the guide there is help for individual games which will tell you other files you can dummy within that ISO.

=================
    STEP 5 REBUILD ISO
    =================
    1) Download the program UMDgen which you can get from the PSP-hacks website.

2)Run the program. Drag and drop both the PSP_GAME folder and UMD_DATA.bin into it.

3) Save the file as what ever you want but be sure your saving as ISO.

4) It will create a ISO which should be smaller than the original. If not you have problems.

5)Now test it out to ensure it works. Try all of the loader before reporting an error. Some games will not work with some loaders.

===============================================
    INDIVIDUAL GAME HELP
    ===============================================
    Below is a list of games and how you can shrink each one. If I am missing the game you want post a request and Ill try to get one up.

============================================================================
    Armored Core
    I donít actually have the game but I read on other sites that there are 2 files called dummy and dummy1 you can delete to get it to around 660mb. I am also going to assume there are movies you can replace to get the ISO lower.
    Burnout Legends
    Delete the music folder and the ovid folder to get this down to about 330mb. This isnt too much of diffence and really isnt worth much considering it doesnt even let it fit on a smaller stick. It starts around 430mb and goes to 330 which both require a 512 stick. So doing this is useless unless your trying to fit multiple games and need another 100mb to do so.
    Bleach 2
    I have in no way tested this game. I got the info from another site in order to help out someone who asked for it so sorry if it doesnt work.

Go to the data folder and delete browser folder which is just the games web page or somthin, go to data/str/ movie and replace all the movies with ICON1.pmf in PSP_Game folder. You can dummy some of the music in PSP_GAMEUSRDIRdatafpacksoundbgm' but some files may not be music but actual game sounds so you have to mess with it. You can remove the MINI folder in data/fpack. This is a minigame, just dont try to play it or you will crash. He also removed folder called enlist in data/fpack which is a part in the game or somthing. He claims this rips it to around 170mb. Good luck and remeber dont blame we if it doesnt work.
    Coded Arms
    Holy crap I love this rip. Just delete the the Update folder as usual and go to the movie folder and copy the smallest one and rename it to replace all the others. This shrinks the ISO to about 87mb which is small and you still have the ingame music. You could probably rip the music to but I never tried. My best guess is that it is the Wavedata.bin in the sound folder but I cant varify this. If it is the wavedata.bin ripping it whould put the ISO around 60 or so mb which is awesome. Good luck and if anyone can varify that the Wavedata is music and works if deleted it would help. Thanx
    Death Jr
    I found a nice ripkit for this game which is supossed to get it down to about 292. Here is the link.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/pspcrack...r%20Ripkit.rar

Gretszky O6
    Im not sure on the spelling lol, Any way dummy the sound pxp.skx and yells.skx in the data folder and delete the Update folder to get it to about 176mb.
    FIFA 06
    I was unable to make this game work so I found a guide on a diffrent site.

Untested for now. this should work for a 512MB stick

Delete PAD files of course, dummy pmf's, and the dont forget the pmf's in the ea tracks folder, and also the update folder. Okay now here is where the fun comes in, delete dat_eng.big this is the commentary and also chants.big, go into common.ini and change the following settings to appear like they do below.

// Audio configuration flags BEFORE
    AUDIO = 1
    AUDIO_CHANTS=1
    AUDIO_SFX=1
    AUDIO_MUSIC=1
    AUDIO_COMMENT=1
    SFX=1
    SPEECH=1
    CHANTS=1
    MUSIC=1
    SPEECH_EVLOG=0

// Audio configuration flags AFTER
    AUDIO = 1
    AUDIO_CHANTS=0
    AUDIO_SFX=1
    AUDIO_MUSIC=1
    AUDIO_COMMENT=0
    SFX=1
    SPEECH=0
    CHANTS=0
    MUSIC=1
    SPEECH_EVLOG=0
    Legend of Heros
    I found a link to a ripkit for the game but you may have to register at the site first. Ill try to add an actual guide when I get the game.

http://alucard.cc/forum/index.php?ac...c=745.0;id=432

Madden 06
    People are really going to be mad about this one but this ISO is alot easier to rip with a rip kit. Im working on figuring out how to rip it but until then you should use a ripkit Sorry for not being able to help at the moment.The game is giving me trouble. Certain modes mess up when I rip things. Ill have a guide soon.

Marvel Nemesis
    Just delete the .pad file and the update folder to get this to about 135mb

Medivil Resurection
    This game is pretty big. Basically the only way your gonna fit this on a 1.gb stick is to rip movies. Movies are .pmf files for the noobs. Im cant rememer if you can use , okb pmf or if you must copy a smaller on and rename it accordingly. Either way you can rip all of the movies or just some. Its up to u. Plus it is hard to tell which movies are which since they are named wierd. I just ripped em all.

Or you can use this ripkit I found. Im not sure what it rips but heres the link.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/pspcrack/MedRipKit.7z
    Mercury
    Dummy all of the music and videos to get it to about 118 which is nice considering its only a puzzle type game.
    Midnight Club 3
    In order to rip this game you must mess with the codeing sense one of the files is over 1gig. That being said, a rip kit is much easier. I found a site with a rip to make the game really small but I cant confirm it works. Will someone please confirm that it does? Here is the link

http://geocities.com/slkpsp/

NBA Live 06
    Go to eatrax and dummy everthing except the trackinfo
    Go to i think its called movies or videos and copy the smallest file and replace all the others with it

This will shrink it between 400 and 500 and still have commentary or if you
    replace the file speech/asw called aswdat.fcd with the file 3pthdr.fcd.
    and
    replace the file in speech/arena called xarndat.fcd with the file xarnhdr.fcd.

it will delete the commentary and leave the iso around 200 i think.
    NBA Street
    In eatrax you can dummy all of the music. In music_ingame there are songs you can dummy. In speech replace the file called spchdats.big with a copy of spchhdrs.big (be sure to rename) There may also be some video files that you can replace. Im not sure how small this will get you since I dont have the game.
    Need For Speed Most Wanted
    Go to eatrax and dummy all the songs (not the index though) and go to video and dummy the extras 1 & 2 pmfs and all the other languages. This leves just the intro and english. This gets it to about 115mb.

If this doesnt work try leaving the exras Pmf files.

You can then use the dax compressor to get this to about 88mb.
    Need For Speed Underground Rivals
    First delete the file called pad_na.dat in USDIR
    then delete 35_soulwax_any_minute_now.pmf and 31_donots_we_go_the_noise.pmf in the eatrax folder

this will get it to about 170 mb.

You can also dummy all the songs and the intro movies to make it fit on a 128mb stick which is realy small
    NFL Street
    just delete the AMBSTRM.dat in data to get from 680 to 220
    Prince Of Persia
    I dont have the game but I found a rip kit for you guys. IF you only have a 512 I and wan to play use this. However it does delete all sound and videos so if you have 1gb Id leave it cause the game isnt itself without sound. However for 512 users its good. To make it fit on 1gb just go to USDIR and delete FILLER1.BF and FILLER2.BF.

Link to 512 ripkit
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8884818/P...paxie.rar.html
    Pursuit Force
    I managed to make it fit on a 1gb but nothing lower sorry. Go to the movies folder and delete Killer66_Win_EN.pmf
    Killer66_Win_SP.pmf
    Killer66_Win_IT.pmf
    Killer66_Win_GR.pmf
    SceneSetter_EN.pmf
    SceneSetter_SP.pmf
    SceneSetter_IT.pmf
    SceneSetter_GR.pmf
    You may be able to take out some of the other languages but I never tested it. You can also probably dummy music to make it even smaller but I happen to like it with music. As far as I know it wont fit on a 512mb without losing actual game sound which sucks. If anyone can confirm getting rid of music it would help. The above reduces it to about 950mb.
    Ridge Racer
    go to the sound folder and replace the bgm_nps_pack.binwith a okb version and replace all of the movies with the smallest one to get around 180mb. You will lose all music though. Leave the bgm file to keep music but the ISO is about 600mb then I think.
    Spider Man 2
    Replace all of the movies with the activision splash movie and dummy all of the music to make this fit on a 512mb
    Starwars Battlefront 2
    Here is a ripkit for the game. It rips out the music but leaves a fully playable ISO at 254 mb.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1336577

You can then use the Dax compressor to get this to

Tiger Woods PGA tour
    This game is huge. You should delete the .pad files first of course. This gets it to about 700 which is actually nice since it starts around 1.8gb
    If you want to make it smaller you you can dummy the commentary and music to get it around 530mb. Saddly I dont think you can fit it onto a 512 stick without losing actual courses.
    Tony Hawks Underground 2
    To get it fit on 1gb delete the music folder. This will get it to about 860mb There is probably videos to dummy but I cant remember.
    Untold Legend
    After dumping the ISO just use winrar to extract it and then use UMDgen to rebuild it. This will get it from about 600 I think to about 350mb

EDIT After getting this down to 350mb use the dax compressor to get a working dax file at about 160mb.
    Wipeout Pure
    I found a rip kit for this game. I have the UMD and dont feel like spending my time trying to rip the game. So here is a link.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/pspcrack/Wipeout.rar
    Xmen Legend 2
    Whenever I try to rip sounds from this game such as ingame music I end up losing all of the game sound so here is a NO SOUND shrink guide. Go to the sound folder and dummy every file in every folder. The game should still work. Maybe if you find a ripkit somewhere you could rip some sound and it work but Ive had no luck

======================================================================
    DAX ISO LOADER

There has recently been a new program released that will allow you to compresss your ISOs to make them smaller. You can download it here

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/371

This app is basically like Winzip or Winrar. It will compress your ISO into a new format called DAX(I think thats right). In order to use it download from the link above.

1) copy the PSP and UMDEmulator folders to the root of your PSP.

2) Run the exe file in the DAX Creator folder. (on windows)

3) Now find your ISO and sellect it.

4) Next enter the name you want then new file to be,

5) Next type a # 1 -9 to choose your settings. 1 = fast compression but bigger file and 9 = slow compression b ut smaller file, or you can choose 0 for default setting. (I recomend 9)

6) Then press enter and it will compress your ISO into a Dax file. Now place the Dax file into the ISO folder on your Memory stick.

7) Run UMD emulator with NO UMD IN THE DRIVE.

8) Choose system menu and select the ISO file. (NO UMD IN DRIVE)

9) Now run DAX loader. It will tell you to insert a UMD. Do so.

10) In about 3 secs you will return to the home screen. Run the game from there like a normal UMD. (You may be able to use MPH loader now if the game needs 2.0.

This program is still in early works and Ive run into alot of problems with loading games. I believe there is a list of working games in the hacks crack mods section.

==============================================
    THANK YOU FOR READING THE GUIDE
    IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TO ASK PLEASE DO

Thatís all folks!

STICKIED! :mrgreen:

- - - RaiderX

added NBA Live 06 and NFL Street.

Hope Im helping someone!

EDIT

Added tiger woods, mercury, and NFS

EDIT

Added a bunch of games and put in alphabetical order. Hope this makes things easier. Feel free to post with advice or questions.

EDIT

added more games and section explaing errors with video.

ADMINS PLEASE STICKY THIS. PLEASE

MONKEYBALLZ is offline -Hacks Newbie

nice thx for your help

godzilla451 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Great .bat file, simplifies a lot of things

thanks!

Your welcome guys and thanx for the feed back. Yah the .bat thing really helps. Im in school now so ill ad more later. I think this should be stickied because it will really help others.

sk8destroyurface is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yea deffinetly sticky this. Those extra 10-100 megs mean the world of difference. Excellent post. THANKS.

jth16 is offline -Hacks Newbie

This definately needs to be stickied, helped me out a lot.

Hey thanks for recomending me to be stickied.
    I promise Ill update it as much as I can with new games.

Remember to ask for specific games if you need help!

Caprisun is offline -Hacks Veteran

if somone can tell me the steps to rip certain games to thier smallest size tell me and ill make a .bat for them to use, im very good with DOS so i wont disspapoint you!

if somone can tell me the steps to rip certain games to thier smallest size tell me and ill make a .bat for them to use, im very good with DOS so i wont disspapoint you!
    I guees your sayin you can make rip kits with the info I give you? I already put some games and Im workin on more!

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast