Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Swapping Discs, Import/Export Saves, FAQS

KinG_Td is offline -Hacks Veteran

Here is a tutorial i managed to come up all from my head. So many people are questioning how to swap discs and importing/exporting saves. Hope this solves alot of problems. If i missed something, please let me know

[Tutorial] PSP POPS TIPS & FAQS

----Installing CWCheat on your PSP----
    1-copy the folders under MS_ROOT (DO NOT COPY THE MS_ROOT FOLDER, COPY THE SEPLUGINS FOLDER ONLY) in your memory stick ROOT (which is the main folder not the PSP folder)
    X-do a coldboot to your PSP after coping files over
    2-power up your psp while holding R
    3-go to advanced -> Advanced configuration
    4-Enable by pressing X on Plain modules in UMD/ISO
    5-select back for two times
    6-Select plugins
    7-Press X over cwcheatpops.prx [POPS] it will say ENABLED
    NB: if a (disabled) appears under the cwcheatpops prx entry it's a glitch of the recovery don't mind it
    8-exit recovery and enjoy

----Switching Disc on Multi-disc games-----
    To switch disc on multi-disc games, when youre creating your PSX Games, make sure the games ID's are all the same. Disc 1,
    Disc 2, etc etc must ALL have the same ID. THEY ALL HAVE TO BE THE SAME REGION!! Either all disc are USA, all EUROPE, or ALL
    JAPAN. NO Half and half...Here is an example

FFVII-D1 NTSC-U SCUS_94163 (Original ID) SCUS_94163 (Proper ID)
    FFVII-D2 NTSC-U SCUS_94164 (Original ID) SCUS_94163 (Proper ID)
    FFVII-D3 NTSC-U SCUS_94165 (Original ID) SCUS_94163 (Proper ID)

^ DISC 1 EXAMPLE

^ DISC 2 EXAMPLE (NOTICE ITS THE SAME ID AS DISC 1

The ID's all must be the same in order for it to share 1 memory card. ZingaBurga's POPSTATION GUI should automatically detect
    your game region and inserts the correct disc ID for you automatically without touching anything, so i prefer newbies use
    that if you dont understand ID's. Once you finish Disc 1, majority of games allow you to save before you swap disc, SO SAVE!
    Then copy Disc 2 to your memory stick and load it. Voila! Theres your save on Disc 2. Continue on.. For games like metal gear
    solid and others that dont allow you to save before changing disc. Save at the last save point, export the save and import
    them to a emulator, get past the disc changing point, save, and import it back to your PSP. (Refer to Save function on
    CWCheat)

----Save Function on CWCheat-----

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SAVES BY GOING INTO YOUR PSP "SAVEDATA" DIRECTORY (ms0:/PSP/SAVADATA)

*WARNING* Managing Memory Cards will NOT work with the POPS plugin, you need to use the POPS emulator from FLASH

CWCheat Allows you import and export your favorite saves from your PC emulator (ePSXe) or any other PSX emulators to your PSP
    and vice versa. If you have a save on ePSXe, it should be in .mcr format. CWCHEAT_016_REVH_FOR_303OE-POPS-GAME is the latest
    CWCheat version and adds .GME format to export/import.

****Import saves****
    To import saves. Lets take FFVII for another example. Load up CWCheat first, so enter your game. Hold select after the game
    starts and the CWCheat Menu comes up.

Write down the ID it has at the top of your screen. So we write down the save number,
    FFVII is SCUS_94163. Lets use a save from gamefaqs for example. The save file from gamefaqs will be in .GME format. After you
    get the save, rename the save file to SCUS_94163-0.GME. Notice that i added a "-0" to the name. The "-0" is the slot that
    CWCheat will be loading it from, there can be up to 255 slots to it could be anything you want, "-0" is the easiest so lets
    use that. copy the file to your memory stick (ms0:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc\)
    load the game, here is the tricky part.
    ***VERY IMPORTANT***
    RIGHT after the PSX LOGO ends and the game starts.

^ Always use this type of timing!!
    Hold select RIGHT AWAY for 3 seconds or more to load CWCheat. Click "Manage memory cards"

at the bottom of the menu pay
    attention to what it says at the bottom of the screen, it should say this
    "Currently selected memory card file: SCUS_94163-0.GME" If you click left or right, the slot changes so it could say SLUS_94163-255.GME
    Pick slot 0 on our example (NOTE: You have to press "R" to change formats from .MCR to .GME and vice versa
    Click "Load Memory Card 1 from memory stick"

It should say this at the bottom
    "Last Operation : OK!!!"

Exit out of the CWCheat Menu, enter the game and load the memory card, the save should be there. After entering the save,
    RESAVE the GAME (NOT the FILE) to make sure it writes to your memory stick.

****Export Saves****
    To EXPORT the save from your PSP to continue a game on a PC Emulator or Xbox PSX emulator. Hold select for 3 seconds or more
    to load CWCheat. Click "Manage memory cards" at the bottom of the menu pay attention to what it says at the bottom of the
    screen, it should say this
    "Currently selected memory card file: SCUS_94163-0.mcr" If you click left or right, the slot changes so it could say
    SLUS_94163-255.mcr
    Pick slot 0 on our example
    Click "Save Memory Card 1 from memory stick"
    It should say this at the bottom
    "Last Operation : OK!!!"

Exit CWCheat and exit POPS. connect your USB and check if the file is there. (ms0:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc\)
    If its there, we are done.

----FAQS----
    Q- Can i use the .mcr file on ePSXe?
    A- Yes, sometimes people use this to get through games that freezes or needs a second controller (example. metal gear solid)
    Just copy the .mcr file to your PC and load the save using ePSXe, and vice versa afterwards

Q- Can i use the manage memory card trick to continue onto the 2nd disc of certain games?
    A- Yes, sometimes people create different S-ID's for their games and are unable to continue to the next disc, two ways of
    fixing this, RECREATE the next disc to the same S-ID as the first or save the .mcr file from "manage memory cards" and
    renaming the file as the next disc (Example, FFVII disc 1 = SLUS_94163-0.mcr, renamed to SLUS_94164-0.mcr) then load the
    memory card using this trick.

Q- Can i use the manage memory card trick on games that need other games save? (Example: Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2)
    A- Yes, it works just like the swap trick for 2nd disc games

Q- Why is my game showing up as corrupted but others dont?
    A- Make sure your game folder's name doesnt exceed 32 characters

Q- I Heard theres a fix for Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve, is that true?
    A- YES! there is a fix, but you have to read carefully. use this link
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...t=chrono+cross

Q- Im trying to load a save file using Manage Memory Cards and im getting an error.
    A- If youre getting an error like this

It could mean 2 things. It means that youre running 3.10OE-A with CWCheat Rev.H, to fix this, use CWCheat Rev "I". or go with Rev. "G", ver 0.1.7 also works

or

you named the save incorrectly to what CWCheat is looking for. It has to look EXACTLY like what CWCheat has it as, and check if the file ALREADY has the MCR or GME extensions and you double extension-ed it. for example. You could've named it SLUS_94163-0.gme.gme. lets see how it works

If your .GME or .MCR is already registered with a program like mines is registered with DexDrive, you should get this

To make sure, we should disable the "Hide extensions for all known file types"

Hide extension is off so .GME is shown (Like the picture below)

lets say you named it with a .GME without knowing that the extension was already hidden, this is what you get

lets disable the hide extension and you might get what i got at the bottom here

now you have a double extension. Thats also a way why youre getting an error... you should have ONLY 1 extension. either its .MCR or .GME,
    not .GME.GME or .MCR.MCR

DISCLAIMER- some photos were used from Zingaburga's POPSTATION GUI. Credits due to Zingaburga for such a great program

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

Very nice tut dude ! move it to the tut section

taekwondo is offline -Hacks God

yea nice tut man
    but would be beter if u add some pics ;)

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

couldnt agree more

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondokid
    yea nice tut man
    but would be beter if u add some pics ;)
    thanks guys. added some pix

added more pix for CWCheat to help more noobs

Naruto989 is offline -Hacks Newbie

good job! that was a good tutorial. i just go these games to work on my psp today so i was afraid that i wouldn't be able to play ff7. one more thing, where can i download ps1 games from (maybe u can't give me the link here)?

thanks again!

for those getting errors, please note that 3.10OE-A was giving errors on some previous CWCheat versions. If you use the most recent version "REV I" with 3.10OE-A, import and exporting the cheats will work

Get "REV I" here
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1050

juicyplasma is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Awesome tut. Nooblets'll love it and hopefully we won't see another disc swapping thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tandao2002
    After many weeks helping in the help section, noobs have finally gotten to me. I lost my mind
    Yeah, I think that starts happening at about the 300-350 post mark in the Help section - inevitable it seems. I'm coming up to that number myself... which has me a bit worried...

PSP1: Japanese Import Fat - 3.90 M33-2
    PSP2: Japanese Import Fat - 3.90 M33-2 (Revived /w Pandora)
    The Unofficial ISO Help Thread

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

worthy of the tut section.
    <<Moved<<

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast