Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make a dual-boot with Despertar Cementerio

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Well, I was toying around with the UPMS Installer, DCv4, and my PSP, and I found that you can make a sort of dual-boot with either one of the unbrickers. So why not share it with you guys?
    So, here we go.

Why not use the UPMS Installer?

Well first off, this takes 150MB. That's with everything installed afterwards. For those using 128MB sticks, this wouldn't be sufficient. Even without the keys dumped (Phat=20MB), it still won't be enough.

So with that out of the way, let's begin. You can only have version of the unbricker installed so pick one. This guide will go both DCv3 and DCv4

Despertar Cemeterio Series

Pandora rules still apply. You will need a PRO DUO MS 128MB or higher. Less than 4 gigs. (4 gigs work) Also, you will need a Pandora Battery. (And that's just common sense when it comes to Pandora)

First, you will have to download this to reformat your MS. Yes, I said what you just read. Backup all data before doing this.

Download

When it download it, extract all contents to your desktop. Move 'msinst' to C:/ Now, launch command prompt (Run > cmd)

Type this when it comes up:
    Code:
    mspformat.exe X

This will appear:
    Code:
    C:\mspformat>mspformat.exe X
    You are about to format the drive X.
    All data will be lost. Do you want to continue? [Y]
    Press Y and hit enter. When it is done, disconnect USB Mode, and take out your MS. Shutdown the PSP. Reinsert MS, and reboot PSP. Head back to USB Mode.

Now, with DC there's only 1 thing you will have to decide. Which version to use.

Version 3 will install 3.71 M33-2, and Version 4 will install 3.80 M33-5. Whichever one you choose, download it.

DCv4
    DCv3

Once you download your version, extract it. Move the 'despertar_cementerio' folder to X:/PSP/GAME. Now, download the following update eboots.

1.50 EBOOT
    3.40 EBOOT
    3.71 EBOOT for DCv3
    3.80 EBOOT for DCv4

Once you download the right EBOOTs, extract and rename them to '150.PBP', '340.PBP', '371.PBP' and '380.PBP' respectively. Move them to the root of your MS.

Now, go make DC with the installer. (Launch from the XMB)

Once it is done, you will have to download Booster's Multi-IPL.

[Link is above. If you downloaded everything thus far, go back to the sendspace download]

Extract, and move the ipl folder to the root of your MS. Extract the 'Install-Multi' file to your desktop. Disconnect USB Mode from your PSP. Launch the cmd script, and then reactivate USB Mode on your PSP. You will get a whole lot of text on cmd. Press Y and hit enter to write the ipl.
    When it is done, press any key to close 'cmd'.

Now here comes the fun part. Make Pandora Battery any way you want to. (Don't ask how to)

When you do that, insert the Pandora Battery, and Magic Stick into any PSP. Turn it on. It should boot straight to the XMB. Now, shutdown your PSP, and hold L, and reboot. The reboot should be quick and it should boot into Despertar Cementerio. From there, you should be able to do the stuff from DC. To shutdown the PSP, shutdown normally.

If you made it this far, you have a working dual-boot with Despertar Cementerio.

Note:You can still use your MS as a regular one. Just do not delete anything created by Despertar Cementerio off your root. (Kd, registry, vsh, data, etc. etc.) If you do, you will be running a bricker instead of an unbricker. Which is not good as DC doesn't have USB functions.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

-moved-

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

j_jizzle is offline -Hacks Newbie

glad i can help :)

azzazil is offline -Hacks Smarty

Does this work on slim
    How Dare Win
    This is ten percent luck, Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will, Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain, And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Quote Originally Posted by azzazil
    Does this work on slim
    You can get as far as keeping the MS in the Slim. Having the Pandora Battery in will cause the Slim not to boot. (Since it doesn't know how to)

Twitter

jolyrojr is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    insert the Pandora Battery, and Magic Stick into any PSP. Turn it on.
    Wait, so doing it this way, which is I think the same as the way BCman told me about, makes it so the PSP will no longer auto boot as soon as the Pandora battery is put in? If not, you might want to remind any noobs, that they need to put the memory stick in before the battery. If yes, thats pretty handy, just use one battery for DC and XMB.

I have a question. Because 2.80 cannot make UPMS's, I have to downgrade again in order to make a new UPMS that installs 2.80? Would it work to make DC work for either 2.71 OR 2.8?

Thanks Demonchild!!

Quote Originally Posted by jolyrojr
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    insert the Pandora Battery, and Magic Stick into any PSP. Turn it on.
    Wait, so doing it this way, which is I think the same as the way BCman told me about, makes it so the PSP will no longer auto boot as soon as the Pandora battery is put in? If not, you might want to remind any noobs, that they need to put the memory stick in before the battery. If yes, thats pretty handy, just use one battery for DC and XMB.

I have a question. Because 2.80 cannot make UPMS's, I have to downgrade again in order to make a new UPMS that installs 2.80? Would it work to make DC work for either 2.71 OR 2.8?

Thanks Demonchild!!
    Yea. You will have to downgrade 2.80 to 1.50, and then reupgrade to any custom firmware 2.71 SE and later.

If you have an unpatched GTA: Liberty City Stories UMD, you can run HEN on 3.03, and make DC from there without the need to downgrade.

Also, this tutorial doesn't kill the battery's ability to auto-boot the PSP. Also, it can be entered in any way you want. It will still boot.

Twitter

jolyrojr is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DemonchildYea. You will have to downgrade 2.80 to 1.50, and then reupgrade to any custom firmware 2.71 SE and later.

If you have an [b
    unpatched[/b] GTA: Liberty City Stories UMD, you can run HEN on 3.03, and make DC from there without the need to downgrade.

Also, this tutorial doesn't kill the battery's ability to auto-boot the PSP. Also, it can be entered in any way you want. It will still boot.
    First off, I am a retard, I think Ive said that. When I get tired, and I post, I say dumb shit. What I meant to say was can I set up DC to give the option to install either 3.71 or 3.80, (I keep putting or saying 2.xx when I mean 3.xx, sorry.

I do have an unpatched GTA, but because I asked the question wrong, I assume the answer is void. I need to make a new UPMS, I currently have 3.80-5 m33 on all of my psp's. So I assume I have to dg at least one of them I am going to redo the MS, because 3.80 cannot write the IPL's. So unless There is some kind of work around to get an old MMS revamped into a new one without writing the IPL's, I had better just dg and get it over with.

Lastly, so what I meant about the auto boot, is that if you put the PB in before the UPMS, It will have booted before you had a chance to enter either recovery or DC, so for noob guides, I was just suggesting that you say to put the MS in first, but if it doesnt make any difference, then its all good.

Yeah, miscomunication sucks, I know.

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

lol
    jolyrojr, 3.8M33 should work cause ur using the computer to write the IPL
    Quote Originally Posted by demonchild
    Extract, and move the ipl folder to the root of your MS. Extract the 'Install-Multi' file to your desktop. Disconnect USB Mode from your PSP. Launch the cmd script, and then reactivate USB Mode on your PSP. You will get a whole lot of text on cmd. Press Y and hit enter to write the ipl.
    When it is done, press any key to close 'cmd'.
    Demonchild, why do u have the send space file being downloaded twice in the tut? arent they the same?

Hehe. Didnt' notice that. I'll go and fix it.

Twitter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast