Thread: How to Spoof your mac address in xmb

hd.solution is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok this tutorial will only spoof the mac address in your xmb i.e its just for show your actual mac address is saved in your wlan so this wont hide it.

ok your goin to need a id key dumper http://www.sendspace.com/file/v28pqo < i used this one by chilly willy.

you'll also need a hex editor, use google and search for a free hex editor i think there's a hdd mojo free hex editor out there i used it a while ago.

http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Downloads...itor-free.html < heres a free hex editor

ok lets get it started copy the id storage manager folder to psp/game
    now launch it from your memory stick

it will start showing your psp info what mother board you have and your psp's region the controlls of the app are
    circle=exit x=verify/fix keys square=dump key's triangle=view edit keys

ok now press square to dump your keys, then press x again to confirm it.
    it will start the dump you'll see on the screen when it has finished.

Now exit out of the program and enter usb mode.look in your psp/game/id storage manager inside this folder you now have new folder called keys.Copy the 0x044 file inside the keys folder to your desktop.

THERE ARE AROUND 140 FILES IN THE KEYS FOLDER,ALL I AM SHOWING IS ON THE 0X0044 FILE LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE!!

Now open 0x0044 file with your hex editor. Were only looking at the first line and only the double digit slots up to slot 5.You cannot add more digits to your mac. and you can only use letters a-f and numbers 0-9

Example; de ad be ef 06 66

ok write what ever you think up and save the file in the keys directory on your psp overwrite if it asks to
    Now exit usb mode and start the id storage manager app again. now press x to verify/fix keys.DO NOT DUMP KEYS FROM ANY PSP BUT THE ONE YOUR DOING THIS ON!! DUMPING KEYS FROM ANOTHER PSP WILL CAUSE A BRICK!! This process will flash your new set of modified keys.when it gets to the 0x0044 file it will say there is a problem press the button indicated to fix the file it will continue the flash.

when the app finishes exit out of it. now go to system psp settings(or system settings) and scroll down to the system information if you did it right it should now show your spoofed mac address.

i have performed this on several psp's slim and fat it will work if you do it right. this process is relatively simple but as always PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WHAT YOU SCREW UP!!!! that being said if your a noob and feel this is to much on your plate don't eat!!!

Thanks to everyone for your post's and tutorials i learned everything or at least got started at this site
    and believe if you actually read these tut's you can learn an overwhelming amount of information

also thanks to m33 for this amazing firmware

badohal is offline -Hacks Newbie

why not just us the psp mac spoofer by dark alex instead of going through all that trouble? It's easier and quicker.

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

M33XX 4 ever or something like that. .prx plugin that does it all for you. This was released on QJ a week back or so

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

xeroxide is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by badohal
    why not just us the psp mac spoofer by dark alex instead of going through all that trouble? It's easier and quicker.
    dark alex's mac spoofer does not change the visual, it changes the actual mac addy of the psp however the visual will still remain what it was before. this is the opposite.

Like ned said, there's a prx that will do this for you and since ur not hexing keys, no chance of stuffing that up ;)
    also will let u change wave speeds, realised after the march 33'rd easter egg by DA.

still tho, nice tut in case someone wants to change the visual a little bit more permanent then loading a plugin.

hd.solution is offline -Hacks Newbie

yeah as stated above dax's mac spoofer is to spoof your actual mac in your wlan. that plugin is pretty sweet but it was released after my tutorial and some people like a more permanent solution. I also had some issues spoofing the mac with the plugin so i ended up just using it to spoof my fw version 6.66m33 =)