Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpus' Sony UMD/ISO/CSO Guide

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mask3d_Ninja View Post
    Im bit of a n00b, don't quite get the Using UMDGEN to remove unneeded components to make the ISO/CSO Smaller. so anyone can help?
    Open the ISO in UMDGen, Move to the UMD Properties Tab,and click on "optimize" to remove excess padding, resize dummy data and dummy 'update' folder contents.

Delete BOOT.BIN in SYSDIR. It's not needed unless you're a developer and sometimes it can reduce the size of the ISO significantly.

You can also "relink" pmf files to make the iso/cso smaller.

I'll use this Kingdom Of Paradise ISO an an example:

OP_00.pmf is more than likely the opening cinematic. Right click on it and highlight File Relinker and click on "Use Selected File as Source":

Then right click and highlight the rest of the pmf files in the window, click on
    File Relinker and click on

Relink To '\PSP_GAME\USDIR\mdata\usa\OP_00.pmf'

After relinking, optimizing, etc. Save as ISO/CSO.

When the game plays one of the .pmf cut scenes, it will be re-directed to the opening movie. (OP_00.pmf)

You don't have to relink all of them.

With certain games, relinking all pmf files would take away from the story line of the game.

Some ISO have foreign language folders or files, which can be removed as well.

Some ISO have one big file, so you won't be able to reduce the size of the ISO just using UMDGen.

Other games have LBA protecton, which will require following a different procedure to rip the ISO.

Mask3d_Ninja is offline -Hacks Ninja

thx guys to all, I just did the optimize and lower Star Wars to almost 700MB..WoW, I ll play a bit more with th tips you gave me Oyabun aka Robs...

thx guys again

thx guys to all, I just did the optimize and lower Star Wars to almost 700MB..WoW, I ll play a bit more with th tips you gave me Oyabun aka Robs...

thx guys again

sorry for double post...

I manage to compress Star Wars up to 621MB thx guys
    Last edited by BCman; 09-19-2008 at 05:50 PM.

.: PSP 3001A , GO & VITA :.
    ---> -=6.60-B9 & 6.20 OFW, 1.67 OFW =-

ONEDEADLYVENOM is offline GameBoot King -Hacks Veteran

Good job bro !!!!

ODV out!
    IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

Hey just saw this... Nice tut! Learned much more from this. Any idea about the LBA protection mentioned by Oyabun?

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

Rated R Razgriz is offline -Hacks Smarty

yo. thanks for the MMS maker. you made a friends of mine very happy.
    Rated R
    Flying with the PSP phat on 5.00m33-6 with 1.5 Kernal
    PSP's Downgraded:6 PSP's Unbricked:4

windrider is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks for the guide RainMotorsports. I have learned a lot reading this. +Rep

carlyse_09 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Psp is one of the high technology game device today.Ive seen a lot of kids having it and enjoying te games on it..My younger brother had it as a gift from my mom.
    Last edited by carlyse_09; 11-17-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Symbyax is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have the ISO of my UMD I can't get it to show up what am I doing wrong? I have 5.0M33 installed , ISO UMD MODE set to Sony NP9660 , USB DEVICE Memory Stick I'm placing the file in a folder I created under PSP/ms0/ISO I've tried different locations with no luck also can the KXploit patcher and M33 install files be deleted once 5.0M33 is already installed? Thank to anyone who can help

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Hold on, what game is it and did you say you put a folder called ms0 inside the folder called psp? If so, you're going in the noob hall of fame (not an offensive thing by the way).
    Potato.

wh1tef@ng is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Symbyax View Post
    I have the ISO of my UMD I can't get it to show up what am I doing wrong? I have 5.0M33 installed , ISO UMD MODE set to Sony NP9660 , USB DEVICE Memory Stick I'm placing the file in a folder I created under PSP/ms0/ISO I've tried different locations with no luck also can the KXploit patcher and M33 install files be deleted once 5.0M33 is already installed? Thank to anyone who can help
    it shud be like this :-(ms0:\ISO\wipeout.iso) (used wipeout as an example) .. there shudnt be any ms0 folder in the psp folder..... lol.. ur tryin to go to the noob hall of fame
    Last edited by wh1tef@ng; 03-05-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    3 necessary things to do to be fit everyday
    Sleep
    Eat
    Xercise

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast