Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] Convert Raw/.vgs/.mem/.gme PSX saves to PSP for PSX EBOOT

mugendc4 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default [Tutorial] Convert Raw/.vgs/.mem/.gme PSX saves to PSP for PSX EBOOT

This tutorial is to convert PSX saves games to your PSX EBOOT from Raw/.vgs/.mem/.gme

Raw = Straight from your PS1 memory Card
    .vgs = Virtual Game Station
    .mem = Virtual Game Station (Bleem)
    .gme = Dex Drive Format

Required Softwares:
    PSXRC
    PSXGameEdit
    PSXeven
    CWCheat

If you already have .vgs/.mem/.gme format, you can skip step 1 - 3

Converting raw format to PSX Eboot Format
    1)Obtain a raw format of a PSX game (I'll be using Parasite Eve as an example)

2)Drag and Drop your Raw PSX save data into "PSXRC" and it will convert to .mcs format which is now called "BASLUS-006620000000A.mcs"

3)Launch "PSXGameEdit" and Click on [FILE>Open Single Game Save] and open "BASLUS-006620000000A.mcs" Click on your data and go to [FILE>Save MemCard Image] and change the Save as Type to (*.gme) Name it anything you want but for this case, I'll be calling it Parasite Eve
    Now my save data is a .gme format.

4)Launch "PSXeven" Click on Memory Card then Click on the Import button. Import your save data (.vgs, .gme, .mem) and click Ok. Now lets locate your Save game File. It should be located in PSXeven/memcards folder and your save data now should have an extention of .mcd now (So now my file is called Parasite Eve.mcd)

5)Here comes the tricky part, you would need to find the Game ID, easiest way if your not converting from a raw file to find the Game ID, use "CWCheat" (There are many tutorial to show you how to install CWcheat on your PSP so I will skip how to install it)
    Load your PSX Eboot And Launch "CWCheat" Game ID is located on the top

6) My Game ID is called SLUS_00662, I'm going to rename my parasite eve.mcd file to SLUS_00662-0.mcr. In other words [Game ID]-0.mcr

7) Now put your PSP into USB Mode and Go to 0:\SEPLUGINS\cwcheat\mc and copy your [Game ID]-0.mcr into the mc folder, in my case is SLUS_00662-0.mcr.

8) Launch Your PSX Eboot again and Launch "CWCheat" and go to Manage Memory Card. The file should be displayed on the bottom. Click Load From Memory Card 1 from Memory Stick.
    It should say Last Operation: OK!!
    (Sorry for poor quality picture, couldn't screenshot this part for some reason)

9) Check if file is loaded correctly, if so launch to test

10) Please note, this doesn't save permanently to your memory stick. To save the data permanently, launch the save and resave the file again. [WARNING] doing this will overwite any save data you have save prior before the load from CWCHEAT

Hope this helps

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Nice guide but might I throw something your way? MemCardRex by Shendo can handle all known formats import and most export, so no need for 2 steps. The main open dialog opens normal formats but there is an import menu for grabbing single/raw saves and even psp/ps3 saves. It will save to the format u need for cwcheat. Check it out for real.

Outside of that this is great because people ask me how to do the last part and im like i dont know.
    Last edited by RainMotorsports; 06-29-2009 at 02:17 AM.

khaos12a is offline -Hacks Smarty

Thanx a million, you helped me skip a lot of crap for getting past a freeze point in Final Fantasy VIII
    ...all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...and I'll look down, and whisper "no." -Rorshach -WATCHMEN

noetikos is offline -Hacks Newbie

geez, info on this is so scarce. i didn't have a dex drive to use but i sure did have my ps2 with uLaunchELF as i used it to copy my raw psx saves onto my usb stick. i managed to get my mgs1 game saves to load with cwcheat.

it was hard finding info and especially the tools to convert a raw psx save to a compatible one with cwcheat. thanks for putting this up dude. props for sure!

slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

This is amazing. I didn't even think doing something like this was possible!

Now my only question: Where do I get a PS1 memory card reader for PC?

kuyamon_17 is offline -Hacks Newbie

good to all people can i ask you a question on how use chickhen to my psp 3001 4.20ofw? need help here pls reply anyone asap tnx again and good day

kuyamon_17 is offline -Hacks Newbie

how ca n i upgrade my psp3001 4.20ofw to use chicken loader

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

kuyamon_17,
    DONT HIJACK
    make your own post

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Daljaxon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PS Memory Card Reader

slacker1987....
    Now my only question: Where do I get a PS1 memory card reader for PC?
    Go to your local game store.
    There is a PS Memory Card Reader that is a PS3 Accessory that uses a USB plug in.
    I believe that should work.
    I use it on my ps3 for my ps1 & ps2 saves, when I jump back and forth from my ps2 in my bedroom to my ps3 in my living room(I get kicked out of the Living Room eventually, this is the family room in watching tv).
    Last edited by Daljaxon; 08-24-2009 at 07:39 PM.

slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

One question. Will transferring saves for PS1 games work for the actual disc on a PS3?

Like, if I make these for an eboot on my PSP, will it work for the actual disc, specifically on the PS3 Slim?

Edit: Got to answer my own question. YES transferring your save over to your PSP also makes it work on PS3 Slims. Too bad PS1 emulation is choppy as fuck though. >_> Summoning KOTR in FFVII is murder. Visually, that is. Which is dumb, because it's fine on the PSP. *shrugs*
    Last edited by slacker1987; 03-15-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast