Thread: Got a broken wifi switch?? Fix it easily!!

iviyst is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Got a broken wifi switch?? Fix it easily!!

First I'd like to say hi, and I'm totally new here. Anyways if you have noticed your wifi switch is freely sliding and doesnt have any tension, then heres whats wrong and how to fix it!

IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR PSP OR YOURSELF, ITS YOUR FAULT.

First off your decorative case switch has come off the internal switch, which means the internal has broken off the board, but I have a solution as it worked for me. Take off the plastic switch on the outside. Then take off the faceplate and you'll notice 2 holes on the board directly to the right of the wifi switch. Now take off the screen, the dpad controller, inner chassis. Now barely pry back the board on the side with the wifi "DONT RIP THE BOARD OFF"! Shake the psp and get the internal switch out, cause its probably sliding around in the psp. Now remember the two holes? Look inside the psp on the other side of the two holes and you'll find 3 solder points. Two are close together and One is further aways than the 2. Now the point of this tutorial is to fix your psp wifi, but just a warning "THIS WILL CREATE AN ALWAYS ON WIFI CONNECTION". My crappy image might help you locate the holes and the solder points. The two solder points that are closest, solder bridge those 2 together. Put your psp back together and test your psp wifi connection.

DrunkGuy is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Hmm not a really good tut. Need better pictures. and step by step directions. Also remember people are NOOBS.. and some are lil kids. make it simple for them
    Its sad how a stupid noob can expect a damn emulator to run at full speed. It takes effort to get another companies console to the psp. Dont Be a Stupid noob!!!!

PSN: sparxman

droe6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkGuy
    Hmm not a really good tut. Need better pictures. and step by step directions. Also remember people are NOOBS.. and some are lil kids. make it simple for them
    I agree. Just fix up the pictures and dumb it down a little and you'll have a great tut.
    Interested in my games or my friends games?

www.galanovagames.com

bahemith is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default wifi fix

I followed this guide and it worked perfectly...even if the case for the switch
    is still mounted on the mb you can bridge the two points very easily. I just dropped a blob of solder over the two closest points like in his picture and it worked just fine. And on another I actually pryed the whole switch off and connected the two points and it still worked just fine. Good job man! Despite the critics your diagram is right on the money.