Page 2 of 228 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hack Your PSP Mega-Thread

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

this will be great for the noobs. nice job.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Almost finished those uploads

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

lookin good.
    *stickied*

Downgrading 2.80 and below

Works on firmware: 2.80 and below

Also Needed:
    - Memory Stick
    - Battery charged to more than 76%

This section is how to downgrade your 2.80 or below firmware PSP to 1.50

Instructions:

--NOTE-- If your PSP is anything below firmware 2.80 official, you will need to update to 2.80. Use this file. Place in /PSP/GAME and run -- http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/663

1) Download this file -- HERE

2) Back up your Memory Stick's files then format the Memory Stick (System Settings > Format Memory Stick)

3) Then restore default settings (System Settings > Restore Default Settings)

4) Take the UMD out if there is one in

5) Plug your PSP into a computer and run 2.80-1.50DownGrade.exe

6) Choose your PSPs drive by clicking "Browse." Then click extract. The necessary files are installed

7) In your PSP's XMB, go into the PHOTO menu then press on HEN_280. Your PSP will freeze, crash or flash a light blue color then reset. This may take a few tries to work

8) Go into the GAME menu and choose "TA-082 IdStorage Change." Let it do it's magic. Once it is finished it will reboot into the XMB. If you got a message saying "This psp doesn't seem to be a TA-082" thats fine.

Note: If you got an error upon running the program, you will need to try step 7 again.

9) In the XMB go to GAME and choose "PSP Update ver X.YZ." Once it is loaded, press X when asked

10) When your PSP restarts you will get an error message. Press O to restart your PSP again

11) Enter your settings again. If you get a black screen after pressing O in step 10 press the brightness button

You now have 1.50 firmware. Follow the steps in this post to upgrade to Custom Firmware -- http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...9/#post1084293
    Last edited by Scorpus; 08-23-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Downgrading 3.03 and below

Works on firmware: 3.03 and below

Also Needed:
    - Memory Stick
    - Unpatched copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Instructions:

--NOTE-- This downgrader will only work on official firmware 3.03. If you are anything below you will need to upgrade using this file -- http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/958

This requires an unpatched copy of GTA: Liberty City Stories. A simple way to check is if it has the upgrade to 2.00 on it. For other methods of checking, look here

2) Plug your PSP into a computer then run 3.03_Downgrader.exe. Click the extract button.

3) On your PSP, load Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

4) When it gets to the part where it loads the saved game, the screen will go to black, then fill with light blue and then reset itself

5) Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to "System Information" and it should show up as system version 303 HEN. If not, try steps 3 and 4 again

6) Go to Game > Memory Stick and run the PSPtm Update x.yz update

7) The installer might ask you to patch the motherboard of your PSP; allow it to do so. When any confirmations come up, allow them. Then let the downgrader work its magic

8) Once it is finished press X to reset it. If the PSP comes up saying the settings are corrupt, press X or O to continue

You should now have a PSP running firmware 1.50. To upgrade to the latest firmware check this post -- http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...9/#post1084293
    Last edited by Scorpus; 08-23-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Downgrading 3.50 and below

Works on firmware: 3.50 and below

Also Needed:
    - Memory Stick, formatted on PSP
    - Unpatched copy of Lumines

Instructions:

--NOTE-- This downgrader will only work on official firmware 3.50. If you are anything below you will need to upgrade using this file -- http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1164

This requires an unpatched copy of an EU or US Lumines (ULES00043 or ULUS10002)

2) Plug your PSP into a computer then run 3.50_Downgrader.exe and click Extract

3) On your PSP, load Lumines

4) When it gets to the part where it loads the saved game, the screen will go to black, then fill with light blue and then reset itself

5) Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to "System Information" and it should show up as system version 3.50 HEN. If not, try step 4 again

6) Go to Game > Memory Stick and run the PSP Update x.yz update

7) The installer might ask you to patch the motherboard of your PSP; allow it to do so. When any confirmations come up, allow them. Then let the downgrader work its magic

8) Once it is finished press X to reset it. If the PSP comes up saying the settings are corrupt, press X or O to continue

You should now have a PSP running firmware 1.50. To upgrade to the latest firmware check this post -- http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...9/#post1084293
    Last edited by Scorpus; 08-23-2010 at 06:54 AM.

gulfu is offline -Hacks Newbie

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpus View Post
    Upgrade straight to Custom Firmware

Notes:
    This method cannot be used if you have official firmware 1.51 and above. Custom firmwares will work though
    You can use this guide to update your existing M33 firmware to the latest firmware. Just start at the section "Now to go to 4.01 M33-2"

Requirements:

- PSP running 1.00 or 1.50 official firmware, or any Custom Firmware. If you have firmware above 3.52 M33-3, skip to step 4
    - Memory Stick (preferably larger than 32MB)
    - A PSP battery that is charged more than 76%

Instructions:

1)
    - Download the 3.52 M33 easy installer -- http://rapidshare.com/files/15579776..._Installer.rar
    - Open the .rar
    - If you are on firmware 1.50, open 1.50 Installation.exe; if you are on CFW click on CFW Installation.exe
    - Select your PSPs drive letter
    - Click Install

2)
    - Once finished, go (on your PSP) to Game > Memory Stick.
    - 1.50 Step Only Run KXploit Permanent Patcher. Follow on screen instructions. Once finished, continue with the steps
    - Run 3.52 M33UPDATE (from Game > Memory Stick)
    - Follow the on screen instructions
    - Once completed you should have 3.52 M33

3)
    - Open the .rar you downloaded before (3.52_M33_Installer.rar)
    - Then, inside that, open M33-1234.rar
    - Plug your PSP into the computer, and copy the entire PSP folder to the Memory Stick
    - Once copied, go into Game > Memory Stick and run the 3.52 M33-4 Updater
    - Follow the prompts

4) Start here if you have firmware above 3.52 M33-4
    - Download the 5.00 M33 easy installer -- http://rapidshare.com/files/15592530..._Installer.rar
    - Run 5.00 M33 Easy Installer.exe
    - Select your PSPs drive letter
    - Click Install

5)
    - On your PSP, go to Game > Memory Stick
    - Run the 5.00 M33 Updater
    - Follow the on screen instructions

You should now have 5.00 M33 Custom Firmware installed on your PSP. Go exploring and find some homebrew to put on it

I am having psp slim. official version 4.5
    can i upgrade to custom firmware with this....???
    do i need to run 1.50 Installation.exe or what
    please help....

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpus View Post
    This method cannot be used if you have official firmware 1.51 and above. Custom firmwares will work though
    In other words: If your PSP is not 1.50, the installer wont work. Try the method under firmwares "All"

jaydee911 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey I'm a noob with this stuff so I'm prob wrong about this BUT.

I'm trying to install 5.01 m33 from the 3.52 m33 your link in this tut provided, and I'm getting an error saying i need to have at least 5.52 m33-2 installed.

So what I'm thinking is the link you provided is out dated.

Like i said probably not...

jaydee911 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey I'm a noob with this stuff so I'm prob wrong about this BUT.

I'm trying to install 5.01 m33 from the 3.52 m33 your link in this tut provided, and I'm getting an error saying i need to have at least 5.52 m33-2 installed.

So what I'm thinking is the link you provided is out dated.

Like i said probably not... I'm not looking for help I'm figuring it out myself but just for everyone's sake I wanted to make sure.

Page 2 of 228 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast