Thread: Cardrel's Xtreme Noobs Guide to Playing PsX on PsP!

cardrel is offline -Hacks Newbie

Exclamation Cardrel's Xtreme Noobs Guide to Playing PsX on PsP!

This guide is going to be a fast way to start playing Playstation games on your PsP. There are alot of guides that explain in depth about what I'm going to show you but I will leave that to those guides. This is only a guide to get you started and show you what to do. I'm not going to explain in detail about what each of the programs I list will do but I will give you the basic gist of how they all work. You can get each of these programs by using a search engine so don't be lazy and start hunting for links. Now the programs that you will need will be...

-Alcohol 120% --- This will program will be used to take the game from a disc to your computer. Not needed but you can use if you care to.
    -Popstation --- This will be your converter for your games from Img. files to a Eboot file.
    -Ecm tools --- Some of the PS ISO's that you come across will be in .ECM format and will have to be converted before you can play them. This program will allow you to do that.
    -Winrar --- Not needed it's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Now, lets get cracking. You are going to need to have Custom Firmware on your PsP before doing this so don't even attempt it if you haven't downloaded it yet.

Now if you want to use Alcohol 120% you can but I prefer to use another method that works better in my opinion. As long as you own the game then this will be in no way illegal, but remember to NEVER download a game that you don't own or else you can add "Registered Felon" to your resume. There are many websites where you can go to download PSX ISO's but the one that I have found to be the best by far is Emuparadise.org

Now the first thing you will need to do is find the game and download it to your desktop. When the folder is saved use Winrar to open it, then there should be 1 to 3 files inside it. Look for the file that ends in .img or .bin or .ecm. This will be the largest file in the folder. Click and drag the file to your desktop and close Winrar.

***Concerning .ECM Files***
    The way to convert a .ecm file to a .bin file is rather easy. Open the "ECM Tools" folder that you downloaded and there should be a program called "unecm" inside it. Drag the program to your desktop and Click and drag the .ecm file on top of it and release. The program should automatically convert the file to a useable item.

Open Popstation and in the top box with "PSX Image File" to the left of it, click the button that says "Browse" next to it. Remember the file we just dragged to the desktop? Ok, find that file and open it. Now it should fill in all the remaining boxes automatically. Go down to the bottom and there should be a large button that says "Go". Click it. Popstation will create a folder on your desktop and when it is done it will ask you if you want it to put the game on your PsP. Click yes and sit back and wait for your game to finish.

Congrats! You just put your first PS game on your PSP! Now I realize I left out alot of cool features that you can do while putting the game on your psp (such as customizing the appearance and all that jazz) but as the title says, this guide is a novice's way to start playing PsX on the PsP. So have fun, learn more about what your doing, and above all else, DON'T DOWNLOAD GAMES YOU DON'T HAVE!!! Peace!

Nocom is offline -Hacks Newbie

Great post. Quick and simple. Got me started right away!!

austen990 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

[QUOTE=cardrel;1178115]

Popstation will create a folder on your desktop and when it is done it will ask you if you want it to put the game on your PsP. Click yes and sit back and wait for your game to finish.

QUOTE]

can i do it manually ??

devilpoison is offline -Hacks Newbie

followed the steps but when i start a psx games , the screen jz turn black and few seconds later it auto restart . Any idea whats went wrong ?

cardrel is offline -Hacks Newbie

I haven't the foggiest. Did you use Alcohol to extract the iso or did you just pick it up off of a site?

wartutor is offline -Hacks Newbie

thx for the excellent walkthrough...one thing that i noticed is when using alcohol 120 to extract an iso when i load it into popstation i had to change save game and game id to what was shown on the front of the disk (ex. on the front of my ffv disk it has slus then 00879) before it could convert it to an eboot file...not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if it's the way i extracted it using alcohol 120...if i did something wrong with alcohol plz let me know