Thread: installing PimpStreamer 1.0 on PSP-2001 w/5.00 m33-6

noetikos is offline -Hacks Newbie

Smile installing PimpStreamer 1.0 on PSP-2001 w/5.00 m33-6

this tutorial is only for slim psp consoles running on cfw 3.71 to 5.00 m33-6. if you have a phat psp then go to www.pimpware.org and follow the original setup tutorial on the site.

i pretty much wanted to write/compile a good tut as a source of easy reference for installing PimpStreamer after only finding vague and scrap of info for installation for a psp-2001 running on 5.00 m33-6.

what you need:

1. Pimpstreamer 1.0: http://www.pimpware.org/?page_id=26

2. a custom made "config.txt" with your IP address

3. PC/laptop with a WLAN wireless card & router

downloading & installing PimpStreamer 1.0 on your PC

go to the designated link provided above to download PimpStreamer 1.0. open the app and uncheck the "install psp binaries and stuff" when prompted (this is only required for psp-1001 users). finish installing the program and exit.

installing PimpStreamer on PSP

a. ok, on your PC browse to the start menu icon and go to "My Computer" to access C: drive. now navigate to /C:program files/PiMPWare/PiMPStreamer/PSP/3.X directory. once your in the 3.X folder, copy the folder "PIMPSTREAMER100" and we will paste this folder soon to a different location soon.

now, (THIS IS IMPORTANT) turn on your PSP under the recovery mode by pressing "R1" during startup/reboot. toggle the USB mode and make sure your psp is hooked to your PC via a USB connection.

this has to be done under the recovery mode!
    browse to the main root directories on psp MS stick and navigate to, MS:/PSP/GAME5XX and now paste the "PIMPSTREAMER100" folder that you copied in the previous step to /GAME5XX directory. do not copy the entire 3.X folder but it's contents which is PIMPSTREAMER100.

note: if you have cfw 3.71 m33 or 4.01 or whatever then copy it to the exact corresponding cfw version directory. if you have 3.71 then copy it to /GAME3XX and ect.

creating the important config.txt file

you know, i'm really thankful to DickyDick1969 for creating this cool app for streaming but damn, he's really lazy to provide updated info & faqs regarding the installation from psp-1001 to 2001 models.

a. anyways, on your PC go to the start icon and either type in the box or look for "NOTEPAD." after opening notepad, you will need to copy and paste what is below only,

server1= 192.168.0.7:3333

now, don't close notepad just yet because you will need to edit the "192.168.0.07" IP address for yours. now find your IP address by opening a command dos window typing "cmd" in the box under the start icon (in vista) or by simpling typing cmd/command in the start/run box in windows XP.

under CMD, type in "ipconfig" and the list of your IP configurations will pop up. your IP address is loaced under "IPv4 address." now in notepad only edit current IP address and substitute it for yours (the server1= 192.168.X.X:3333 and leave the ":3333 alone!!").

now save the .txt file under "save as" and type in, "config.txt" (without the punctuation marks).

b. now, while psp is still in recovery mode and hooked up to your PC via USB, navigate back to the /GAME5XX directory and inside the PIMPSTREAMER100 folder, copy & paste the config.txt document that you have created inside of it where the EBOOt.PBP disc image is.

exit recovery mode and reboot your psp when you get a chance.

starting up PIMPStreamer for the first time

*now, you have to doublecheck that you have already setup a WIFI conncetion on your psp under the network connections and your WEP/WPA password is already inputted to your psp so that you can access the net. make sure that your WLAN button on your psp is enabled for use!

make sure that you reset your router to refresh your wireless connection (either by pushing the reset button on your router or by simply unplugging the power cord for 10-15 secs). trust me, this is what i overlooked when PimpStreamer didn't connect to my PC at first run.

PimpStreamer has to be running first on your PC before you load it on your PSP. so open PimpStreamer on your PC, browse and select the media path where your videos are located.

now launch PimpStreamer where you launch your back up games and you'll see that pimp purple hat with the black feather, ha, ha. select the media path that you see and from here on just common sense. enjoy!

you guys can also use this thread to post questions & answers as to why the screen is too small and ect. as i'm still learning to use PimpStreamer.

reference:
    http://www.pimpware.org/?page_id=26
    http://www.pimpware.org/?page_id=9
    http://www.pimpware.org/phpBB2/viewt...2e5e05027cbd05
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f127...hread-t194253/

Last edited by noetikos; 08-03-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

add some Pics
    and it will be better
    Last edited by Ryu; 08-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

noetikos is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    add some Pics
    and it will be better
    will do that

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Yeah, the only problem is the Pics, but everything else is good...
    Potato.

thinkcenter1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

awsome thank you XD

kenrunner is offline -Hacks Newbie

ok. i see!

povor is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PIMP Streemer

Hi,
    I did everything you said and I also opend port 3333 for server pc in my router and I still get "Error connection to the host 192.168.0.103:3333"
    Any ideas?
    Thank you.
    Josh