Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing CWCheat for ChickHen + CFW Enabler 3.60

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default Installing CWCheat for ChickHen + CFW Enabler 3.60

Requirement

A psp 2000 (with TA-088v3 mobo) or psp 3000 running ChickHen + CFW Enabler 3.60 (This may work with other versions of CFW Enabler as well)

Update 22-Sep-2009 - For those who are still having problems enabling cwcheat, open pops.txt and game.txt in 'wordpad' (not in notepad) and add the text.

Important - Once u have followed these steps your cwcheat plugin will be activated...
    Don't go to CFWE and enable it in there...This wont work.

STEPS

1.Download the latest cwcheat from here - CWCHEATS, PSP, Cheat, Tips - 689 GAMES and 9253 CHEATS on DB

2. Right Click and extract the files using WinRAR

3. Once extracted , you will have these files and folders:

4. Copy the seplugins folder which is inside the INSTALL folder to the root of ur memorystick.

5. If you already have a seplugins folder in the root of ur memory stick, then copy cwcheat folder, game.txt file and pops.txt file which is inside seplugins folder to ur psp ms0:/seplugins/
    If you already have game.txt file and pops.txt in ms0:/seplugins/ , then copy only the cwcheat folder to ms0:/seplugins/

make sure that u have these files inside ms0:/seplugins/
    (game150.txt is not required)

6. Open pops.txt in wordpad and add this line to it
    ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1
    save and close pops.txt. this will enable cwcheat for ur psx games

7. similarly open game.txt in wordpad and add this line to it:
    ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1
    save and close. this will enable cwcheat for ur psp games

Thats it. To enable cheats during a game, click on the select button for 3-5 seconds. This will pop up the cheat menu. In here you can enable/disable cheats, select cheats etc.

Enjoy cheating

Last edited by iamafreak; 03-02-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Added new pics

ShineAqua is offline -Hacks Newbie

This worked for PSX but not for PSP games. Thanks though, I really only need it for turbo on Persona 2 so I don't have to spends hours hitting the [] button for gambling.

which psp game is it not working for? maybe i can help.

Crimson Gem Saga is the only one I've tried, but CFWE isn't recognizing anything but the pops prx.
    Last edited by ShineAqua; 09-12-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Mirri is offline -Hacks Newbie

Tried doing this, and it doesn't look like it works on either Dissidia (UMD version) nor MHFU (iso version). I tried going into CFWE and turn in the plugins that way, and it shows a plugin for [GAME] but it reads it as "off". I try turning it "on", go back, then back in, it still counts it as "off", and does not work. I go back into the memstick and look at the game.txt and it just shows "1" without the .prx file path.

I've not tested it on a PSX game.

I'm not even getting the plugin for [GAME] under the CFWE recovery menu, just [POPS], not that I care that much about it, but it'd help with the shmups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Tried doing this, and it doesn't look like it works on either Dissidia (UMD version) nor MHFU (iso version). I tried going into CFWE and turn in the plugins that way, and it shows a plugin for [GAME] but it reads it as "off". I try turning it "on", go back, then back in, it still counts it as "off", and does not work. I go back into the memstick and look at the game.txt and it just shows "1" without the .prx file path.

I've not tested it on a PSX game.
    Once u have followed these steps your cwcheat plugin will be activated...

The cheat.db is not up to date..
    download the latest cheat.db from here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/who93h

copy this file to \seplugins\cwcheat\
    replace the existing file with this one...

Special thanks to Joe88 for the latest db.

Mirri is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iamafreak View Post
    Once u have followed these steps your cwcheat plugin will be activated...
    I only did this to see if it was recognized by CFWE as "On" which adding the "1" behind the directory SHOULD tell the firmware. I will try updating the db and see if that's the issue, but the db that comes with the latest update should have at least Crimson Gem Saga cheats in it, as that game's fairly old. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Just re-installed everything and updated the DB, and as I suspected - no dice. The menu should come up weither cwcheats has cheats for the current game or not. As you've written the instructions, it does not work for PSP games, UMD nor ISO/CSO on the PSP-3000, with ChickHEN and CFWE 3.60 with 5.03 MHU. Sorry.
    Last edited by Mirri; 09-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.

lordango is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    I only did this to see if it was recognized by CFWE as "On" which adding the "1" behind the directory SHOULD tell the firmware. I will try updating the db and see if that's the issue, but the db that comes with the latest update should have at least Crimson Gem Saga cheats in it, as that game's fairly old. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Just re-installed everything and updated the DB, and as I suspected - no dice. The menu should come up weither cwcheats has cheats for the current game or not. As you've written the instructions, it does not work for PSP games, UMD nor ISO/CSO on the PSP-3000, with ChickHEN and CFWE 3.60 with 5.03 MHU. Sorry.
    I'm confirming this one. CWcheats does not work with ChickHEN R2+ 5.03MHU CFW

Followed the instructions and updated the .db file still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lordango View Post
    I'm confirming this one. CWcheats does not work with ChickHEN R2+ 5.03MHU CFW

Followed the instructions and updated the .db file still nothing.
    it works... i am using it. U must be doing something wrong..
    Connect ur psp to pc via usb, open pops.txt and Game.txt
    Tell me whats written in these two files...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast