Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Guide For PsP 3000 and PsP 2000

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Thumbs up The Ultimate Guide For PsP 3000 and PsP 2000

Updated : Added an amazing chickhen mod which works swiftly
    Updated again : Added part of 5.03 gen-b and how to update to higher cfwe/gen cfw

Updated : Added part of Sedna plugin
    Updated : added part of 5.03 gen-c
    Updated : Added how to install CFWE 3.70 and a good method of updating to higher CFWE/5.03 GEN temp CFW
    Hi all

In This thread , You'll determine if you PSP 3000/2000 is Hackable or not , How to enable Custom Firmware and this thread has been made specially for stopping the repeated questions about PSP 3000/2000 Downgrade

Ok let's start

The most important Thing is Your PSP firmware to check it do the following:

Go to settings then system Settings Then system Information and check the system software

For PSP 3000 If the system software is 5.03 or lower , then congratulations you will be able to hack your PSP , but if it's higher than 5.03 , sorry no hack for it yet

For PSP 2000 ,you need to identify your motherboard version first .Use the chickhen part from this guide .Then use PSP ident to know the motherboard version you have ( Note to identify your motherboard you need to enable chickhen first which requires that you be on ofw 5.03 or lower )

Instructions of using PSP ident

1-Enable Chickhen through step 7 in this guide ( if you're firmware lower than 5.03 then update to 5.03 through this guide )

2-Download PSP ident

3-Copy The PSP ident folder resulted from the extraction to ms0:/PSP/GAME/ ( ms0 is your memory stick )

4-Run PSP ident from Game - Memory stick on your PSP

5-Check the motherboard version , if it's TA-088 v3 then continue this guide

Example of PSP ident pic :

6-If it's not the Motherboard version TA-088 V3 , then your PSP can be fully hacked but this isn't the right guide for fully hacking the PSP 2000 , This is the right one .

Note : If your PSP slim is firmware higher than 5.03 , then you need to know the firmware which the psp came with , if it came with 4.01 or higher then you can't hack it neither through this guide or the other guide i posted , but if it came with lower than 4.01 then you'll hack it through the guide i posted above . Which is
    this

But if you don't know the version which the psp came with , then the only way to see if it's hacked or not is to use Pandora Battery + Magic Memory stick and see if it responds to them , through the guide I posted its link.Again here's its link
    New :
    If you have a PSP slim with OFW higher than 5.03 and you don't know the motherboard version and you lost the box and you don't want to get pandora and it doesn't work and you go crying (lol)
    Then there's a way , if you remember when your PSP was bought , you can check the firmware release dates here
    Remember : came with less than 4.01 OFW then it has the hackable motherboard
    Came with 4.01 OFW : 70% has unhackable motherboard ta-088 v3 , 30% has hackable motherboard ta-088 v2
    Came with higher than 4.01 OFW : It has the unhackable motherboard

Now let's come to hacking , this is for Slims with TA-088 v3 and PSP 3000 , but they'll have to be firmware 5.03 or lower.

Let's start hacking !

First , you must know that are two custom firmwares : custom firmware enabler 3.70 ( or cfwe 3.70 for short ) and 5.03 gen-c

Difference : 5.03 gen-c can play newer 5.55+ games without decrypting , but custom firmware enabler 3.70 can't . But you can patch your games to work on cfwe 3.70 easily using my guide here

However , there's a problem in 5.03 gen-c , which is corrupting some savedata and also unable to play some older games.

Here are tutorials for installing both Custom firmwares

Here are tutorials for both Custom firmwares

First : Tutorial for 5.03 GEN-C

If Your PSP firmware is 5.03 start from step 7, if it's lower than 5.03 , then start from step 1

1-Download
    5.03 OFW

2-Unzip the file using any program you want ( 7-zip - Winrar - etc )

3-after Unzip , Connect your psp through USB or Card Reader

4- Put the EBOOT.PBP resulted from the unzip in an folder named 'UPDATE' (it shall be upper case not lower case) then copy the UPDATE folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

5-Disconnect the PSP from USB

6-Go run the Update from Game in XMB

*Note: The update requires the battery to be charged at least 78% and I recommend you connect the charger during the updating for more safety.

*Note : Never turn off the PSP/Remove the memory stick/Remove the power source during the update or you'll brick your PSP

A video tutorial on how to update the PSP to 5.03 OFW :

Note : 1-That isn't my video
    2-Skip the part of putting the files to the PSP , but if you don't understand my guide then follow that part

When Done continue

7-Download Chickhen

Note : If the above chickhen doesn't work with ya , then try this one

8-Follow the tutorial which is in the link above for how to use Chickhen

9-When successfully made chickhen work , Continue

10-Download
    5.03 gen-c

11-Extract it

12-Copy GEN-C to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

13-Run it from GAME in XMB. (Note : When it's the first time you run it , you press X to flash the files then when it's done you press X to reboot. After that if your PSP crashes , you run the application it'll reboot you directly to CFW)

14-Done . Welcome to 5.03 gen-c world

15-When you're in XMB , press select and change umd iso loader to SONY NP9600 or M33 Driver

16-Also I after the first time you toggle 5.03 GEN-C , I recommend you format the memory stick , ONLY NEEDED AFTER THE FIRST TIME

17-Press Select and Change UMD ISO Mode to M33 Driver or Sony Np9660

18-Enjoy !

NOTE : THIS CFW IS NOT PERMANENT SO IF YOUR PSP IS TURNED OFF UNDER ANY CONDITION YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN , DO THE CHICKHEN THEN RUN 5.03 GEN-C AND IT'LL REBOOT YOU TO CFW AUTOMATICALLY.SO JUST LEAVE THE PSP IN SLEEP MODE AND DON'T LET THE BATTERY DIE.AND ALSO NEVER MESS WITH THE FLASH FILES OR YOU'LL BRICK YOUR PSP !

Another Note : After the first time you run 5.03 GEN-C , if your psp crashes or turns off due to any thing , you run chickhen , then when you run 5.03 GEN-B quick updater it'll automatically put you to CFW .

If any new 5.03 GEN or Chickhen version come out , I'll update this thread.

Second : Tutorial for CFWE 3.70

If Your PSP firmware is 5.03 start from step 7, if it's lower than 5.03 , then start from step 1

1-Download
    5.03 OFW

2-Unzip the file using any program you want ( 7-zip - Winrar - etc )

3-after Unzip , Connect your psp through USB or Card Reader

4- Put the EBOOT.PBP resulted from the unzip in an folder named 'UPDATE' (it shall be upper case not lower case) then copy the UPDATE folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

5-Disconnect the PSP from USB

6-Go run the Update from Game in XMB

*Note: The update requires the battery to be charged at least 78% and I recommend you connect the charger during the updating for more safety.

*Note : Never turn off the PSP/Remove the memory stick/Remove the power source during the update or you'll brick your PSP

A video tutorial on how to update the PSP to 5.03 OFW :

Note : 1-That isn't my video
    2-Skip the part of putting the files to the PSP , but if you don't understand my guide then follow that part

When Done continue

7-Download Chickhen

Note : If the above chickhen doesn't work with ya , then try this one

8-Follow the tutorial which is in the link above for how to use Chickhen

9-When successfully made chickhen work , Continue

10-Download CFWE 3.70

11-Extract it

12-Open the 'CFWEnabler370' folder resulted from the extraction , then open the PSP folder , then the GAME Folder

13-Copy the 'CFWEnabler' folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

14-Run it from Game - Memory Stick on your PSP

15-Choose the first option which is flash and start

16-Choose 'Yes' and wait for it to finish

17-Also I after the first time you toggle CFWE 3.70 , I recommend you format the memory stick , ONLY NEEDED AFTER THE FIRST TIME

18-Press Select and Change UMD ISO Mode to M33 Driver or Sony Np9660

19-Enjoy !

NOTE : THIS CFW IS NOT PERMANENT SO IF YOUR PSP IS TURNED OFF UNDER ANY CONDITION YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN , DO THE CHICKHEN THEN RUN CFWE 3.70 AND IT'LL REBOOT YOU TO CFW AUTOMATICALLY.SO JUST LEAVE THE PSP IN SLEEP MODE AND DON'T LET THE BATTERY DIE.AND ALSO NEVER MESS WITH THE FLASH FILES OR YOU'LL BRICK YOUR PSP !

Another Note : After the first time you run 5.03 CFWE 3.70 , if your psp crashes or turns off due to any thing , you run chickhen , then when you run CFWE 3.70 it'll automatically put you to CFW .

If any new CFWE or Chickhen version come out , I'll update this thread.

New : How to update to a higher CFWE/GEN cfw for psp 3000 & psp 2000 with unhackable mobo

1-Enable Chickhen

2-Download CFWE 3.30

3-Extract it

4-Open the PSP Folder resulted from the extraction , then open the 'GAME' folder , and copy CFWEnabler folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

5-Run it from Game - Memory Stick on your PSP

6-Choose the option Uninstall

7-After it's done , your PSP might turn off , DON'T WORRY , THIS IS NORMAL

8-Open your PSP again and enable Chickhen

9-Follow either CFWE 3.70 or 5.03 GEN-C tutorials , whichever suits you more.

New : Sedna plugin , keep 5.03 gen-a or 5.03 gen-b or 5.03 gen-c alive even after rebooting !!!

1-Dowload Sedna Plugin
    2-Extract it
    3-You'll find a 'SEPLUGINS' folder , open it
    4-Copy all of its contents to ms0:/SEPLUGINS/
    5-Add this line to each of vsh.txt and game.txt in your SEPLUGINS ( if you don't have these two text files then make ones )
    this is the line which you shall add : ms0:/seplugins/Sedna.prx 1
    What does this plugin do :

• Patch the Reboot of the PSP
    • Patch the Shutdown of the PSP
    • Hide UMD Update Icon
    • Patch flash 0, 1, 2, 3 for USB access
    • Redirecting the file version.txt to ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/version.txt
    • Patch the blit TIFF image “blit corrupted data for file with extension .tiff”

Some notes about Sedna
    1-If you reboot your PSP via the power button , your PSP will be back to 5.03 OFW
    2-You can reboot the PSP via reboot device option in the vsh menu and you'll still be in 5.03 GEN-A/B
    3-If you try shutdown device option in vsh menu , your PSP will go to sleep mode instead
    4-This plugin prevents access of any flash files (Flash0 or 1 or 2 or 3) to prevent permanent brick
    5-It makes the version.txt which shall be in flash0/vsh/etc/ in ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/ so that you can still use version.txt although you can't access Flash0 files
    6-It hides the UMD update icon , to prevent you from updating to OFW higher than 5.03 , because if you update your PSP to OFW higher than 5.03 , you won't be able to hack or downgrade your PSP at this time
    That's all.

Thanks For Reading my Guide and I hope it helps you

Credits go to :
    1-Each and everyone in PSP-Hacks who helped me
    2-The owner of the video of updating to 5.03 OFW
    3-Davee for his great ChickHen
    4-GEN team for their great 5.03 GEN-C
    5-The whole PSP community

Last edited by Skorpian; 02-11-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Note : All my guides are outdated.

wh1tef@ng is offline -Hacks Titan

this is a really good tutorial.... hope that i may either get sticked in help section or atleast tutorial section so that the useless threads about psp3k will decrease..... and good work dude
    3 necessary things to do to be fit everyday
    Sleep
    Eat
    Xercise

akatank is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey man nice job on the guide
    Last edited by akatank; 09-15-2009 at 10:54 PM.

tahreem is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks.....very good, well organized and easily understandable guide as compared to others. Keep up the good work. Dont worry about what others say about your guide. They just can't do as good as you did, so they are jealous.

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

thanks for your reply tahreem . and i hope it become stickied so that the amont of questions about psp 3000 downgrade will decrease
    Last edited by Skorpian; 09-15-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    Note : All my guides are outdated.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ***elite*** View Post
    I doubt that.

Lmao, is grammar/spelling mistakes means only capital letters with respect to you? Well, I can't blame you. Your English is your foreign language.

OK.

Rofl. Even a donkey should now that it is the time to connect/disconnect the PSP. I am sure you didn't even understand the word "vague".

NVM. You won't even know what grammar is.

@akatank, you are a good friend. I like that, but you have no bussiness between me and yugiman.
    Give constructive criticism and move on, elite.

***elite*** is offline -Hacks Newbie

@bestyugiman, okay, its enough now. I made my point. For all the guys, bestyugiman is strong, popular, kind, and knows much on the PSP scene. He has proven himself in a little test I made for him. Excellent job yugiman.

bejn666 is offline -Hacks Newbie

nice tutorial keep rockin xD

nickxab is offline -Hacks Newbie

Nice guide man.
    This shall be stickied .

Le Reveur is offline -Hacks Newbie

cool guide dude!
    but one question
    i've been in the psp hacking seen for a while, but i can't understand how to enable any plugins on the psp 3000 with custom firmware enabler.
    i put in the vsh or game txt in seplugins folder like any other hacked psp,
    but when i get to the plugins menu on the enabler, i make "no" to "yes" to enable
    the plugin, but when i go back to it, it goes back to "no" and the plugin dosen't work.
    i can't use cxmb or popsloader
    tnx if you can help.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast