The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
GAME DECRYPTER/Edecrypt Tutorial
NEW EDECRYPT TUTORIAL:
If you are still on 5.00 M33-6 or 5.50 GEN-D2 because GEN-D3 was a huge disappointment that screwed up your saves, here's the Edecrypt tutorial:
This will decrypt 6.10 and possibly 6.20 games.
-PSP on CFW 5.00 M33-6+.
-Edecrypt 1.3: http://d3ee35f4.linkbucks.com
-Winrar or .7zip for .rar files
-An ISO of the game you want to play. The UMD is not required in this process, but please buy the game.
1. Uncompress the edecrypt file with Winrar or 7zip then open the folder you get. Read the reame fully.
2. Put the Edecrypt folder in the GAME folder of the PSP.
3. Create a folder named "enc" on the root of the memory stick. Put your encrypted eboot.bin in this folder.
4. After putting an encrypted eboot.bin in the enc folder, start edecrypt from the Game menu on your PSP.
5. Decrypt your eboot.bin. Decrypt and patch the eboot.bin if you are on 5.00 M33-6.
6. In UMD gen, open the original ISO, and delete the eboot file.
7. Put the eboot file that was decrypted by edecrypt in the same place the other eboot file was. (The decrypted file is in ms0:enc/done).
8. Save it as an ISO.
9. Put the said ISO on to your memory stick and enjoy.
The games that are known to be compatible are:
Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus [JPN]
Naruto Shippuuden : Narutimate Accel 3 [JPN]
James Cameron's Avatar The Game [USA]
Metal Slug XX [USA]
ORIGINAL GAME DECRYPTER TUTORIAL:
Since some of us have a hard time reading broken English provided by Google translate or Babelfish, here's an easy to read tutorial on how to make your 5.55/6.00 games work on 5.50 GEN, 5.03 GEN, and 5.00 M33.
Files You Will Need:
1. GAME DECRYPTER by Yoshihiro. Download it here: http://978edacd.linkbucks.com
2. UMDGen, Get it here: http://c4425390.linkbucks.com
3. WinRAR Preferably.
4. An ISO of the game you want to play. The UMD is not required in this process, but please buy the game.
1. Put the Decrypter into the GAME folder on your PSP.
2. Start up UMDGen. Go to the PSP (usually the F: drive on your PC unless you have a lot of things hooked up).
3. Open file. Go to the PSP, from there, to the ISO folder and to the ISO you want.
4. Take the Eboot.bin file out and place it on to the root of the memory stick.
5. Exit out of USB mode on the PSP and go to games and start the Decrypter. Press X when it tells you to decrypt the eboot.
6. After that is over, connect your PSP to your PC again.
7. First, notice that on the root of your MS, there is now a folder called DECRYPTER. This is where your new Eboot is.
8. Back to UMDGen. Keep your PSP folder open. Now, go to the ISO folder and open your ISO. Delete the Eboot found in sysdir and put your new one in. Drag it from the DECRYPTER folder into the ISO that is open in UMDGen.
9. Save it as an ISO. If you do not have enough space on your MS for UMDGen to save another ISO, this process of editing the ISO can be done from your desktop as long as the ISO is there.
10. Make sure you delete the old ISO and make sure the new ISO is in the correct folder etc.
11. Enjoy your newly playable ISO!
Last edited by Cheesetheif; 03-04-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Reason: Added Edecrypt Tutorial
you should add
importing and exporting the File list
PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon)
Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD,
Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW
2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types
" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)
Tried to Decrypt Ultimate Alliance 2 eboot, it gave me a "Cannot decrypt game eboot".
Then it can't decrypt it. I haven't tried that game, but I have heard of people having problems with it.
Originally Posted by DarkGamer
do these programs have to be installed to computer or just extracted with winrar? also how much space do those programs take up? i already got winrar
"We aint in the taking prisoners business, we in the killin' Nazi business and cousin bussiness is a boomin!"
CHECK OUT MY ALL NEW SITE HERE!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 US YES
from pspgen.com. it works. maybe you did something wrong
This seriously works on M33?
I am not too sure, but I have read of people saying it does. Want to test it out?
Originally Posted by bronxboi
Yea. Testing it as we speak.
EDIT: WORKS WITH M33
Tested with Mobile Suit Gundam - Senjou no Kizuna Portable (JPN)
Last edited by bronxboi; 09-29-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Thanks for the guide. Much needed. (For noobs like meh)
If you can edit your posts, you can put up a game compatibility list.