Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51

Thread: The ultimate guide to hacking & upgrading your hacked PSP

petros557 is offline -Hacks Newbie

kamen, i have a PSP 1004 and firmware 5.50 prometheus 4. Is it good? Is there a better one?

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by malik26 View Post
    Thank you very much! You guys rock!

Auto-Merge: Guys, slight problem, I tried to play Liberty City Stories; placed it in PSP/GAME/ISO but when I browse it in psp, it says corrupted data. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.
    yes the ISO folder should be on the root of the meory stick not in any other folder.

Quote Originally Posted by petros557 View Post
    kamen, i have a PSP 1004 and firmware 5.50 prometheus 4. Is it good? Is there a better one?
    yes 5.00m33-6 with the prometheus 4 add on

but on a non-flamewar inviting mode, it all depend on what you use the psp for mainly.

mainly homebrew and you have many older homebrew you don't want to loose then stick with what you have, the 5.xx cfw are better than the 6.xx hen/cfw in terms of compatibility(I don't run many homebrew these days so don't have first hand experience, but I've read this on here from those in the know).

if it's mainly psp 'backups,(iso/cso) then go with 6.39pro-b7, up till recently would have said 6.39me-7 but the release of the popsloader plugin has tipped it to the pro-b7s favour(especially if you're wanting to play ps1 backups, the popsloader plugin gives it better compatibility compared to me-7).

just a word of warning, upgrading from your current cfw will be a bit tricky.

petros557 is offline -Hacks Newbie

it should play the newest games smoothly, right?

malik26 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fowler002 View Post
    yes the ISO folder should be on the root of the meory stick not in any other folder.
    Thank you, sir.

Chichan69 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm in the same spot, my question is why would it be tricky to upgrade from that cfw?

Auto-Merge:

whitescooby is offline -Hacks Newbie

Gentlemen,
    I was going through some of my things and I came accross my old psp. after doing some research on my PSP-1000 (running firmware 2.71) and I wanted to update it to the current firmware so i can start using it again and download some games to play again. I have seen conflicting reports that i will need to reformat my memory stick and create a pandora battery to only just installing the current CFW only.

I have more experience in modding the ps2 but have never tried it on my psp. I could really use some suggestions on which would be the right way to go and which firmware is the best solution

Thank you and i really appreciate your help

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51