Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial/Forum] Sharing LittleBigPlanet Levels with CFW

ChrisMims is offline -Hacks Smarty

Lightbulb [Tutorial/Forum] Sharing LittleBigPlanet Levels with CFW

FullMoon Version 1.5 is now available!

About FullMoon: FullMoon includes all of the level files, as well as the FECONFIG.BIN file. All that you need to do is drag the files to "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCES01264PROFILE" and be sure that you replace the FECONFIG.BIN file, or else it won't work.

Tip: Try to be sure that your levels have a custom icon, otherwise it will be very hard to tell which levels are used, and which ones aren't.

Tip: Make a .txt file and put it in the "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCXXXYYYYPROFILE" folder so you can easily keep track of which slots are used, and which ones are not.

Version 1.5: DOWNLOAD

To Download Levels:

1. Click on the link in the "Attached Files" box at the "Link" section of a post.
    2. Click on "Save" when the dialog box pops up.
    3. Open the ZIP file with a program such as WinRAR or jZIP.
    4. Copy the 5 files to the "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCXXXYYYYPROFILE" folder on your memory stick.

To Share Levels:

1. Make a level on LittleBigPlanet, then save it.
    2. Exit out of LittleBigPlanet and connect your PSP to a computer via USB.
    3. Go to "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCES01264PROFILE."

There are 5 files for each level:
    Code:
    xx.CBF
    xx.LBF
    xx.LVL
    xx.MBF
    xx.MIP
    Each level has a number/letter/number and letter combination (xx), which indicates which slot it uses (which part of a crater on the moon.)

• Put these files into a Zip folder ([Title of your level].zip)
    • Go to , and upload your ZIP file with your level.
    • Make sure that your zip file contains 5 files, each of which have the same name (Example: 58.CBF 58.LBF, 58.LVL, 58.MBF and 58.MIP)

When submitting a level on this forum, try to follow this format:
    Level: [Level Name]
    Author: [Your Name]
    Theme: [Blank, Down Under, Orient, Bazaar, etc.]
    Size: [x kb or x mb (as it appears on LittleBigPlanet)]
    Version: [x.xx (just in case you make changes to the level)]
    Slot : xx
    Icon : [Please use an icon for your levels]
    Description: [Anything else you want to add in]
    Picture: [Please add a screenshot if you can to show your level]
    Link: [File location from http://www.megaupload.com/]
    Don't forget to add the file link with your post, containing a ZIP file with the 5 files!

Example:
    Level: Test 1
    Author: ChrisMims
    Theme: Snow
    Size: 160 kb
    Version: 1.00
    Slot : 58
    Icon : Warning Sign
    Description: This is my first level made on LittleBigPlanet. Enjoy EDIT: This test file is not playable, unless you are using FullMoon.
    Picture: None. Sorry :p
    Link: Test 1.zip

FAQ:

Q: I already have a level numbered "xx," but I want to keep it, and add a new one. What should I do?
    A:Follow these steps:
    1. Go to your LBP and select the moon
    2. Delete a blank level by pressing [] (square), then pressing R untill you find "Delete"
    3. Find the level that you want to keep
    4. Press [] (square) and keep pressing R, untill you find "Copy"
    5. Copy the level to the blank slot
    6. Exit LBP, and go to the PSP Home menu
    7. Connect your PSP to your computer, via USB
    8. Replace the old level files with the new one

Q: Why can't I just use the "Publish" option on LittleBigPlanet?
    A: You can, but it will require you to update your firmware for the PlayStation Network, which will get rid of your custom firmware, if you are using one.

Q: How can I tell which level is the one that I just made?
    A:
    1. Save your level
    2. Exit from LBP, and go to the PSP Home menu
    3. Connect your PSP to your computer via USB
    4. Go to your levels
    5. Find the level set that was modified last

Please visit the site in my signature for help, updates, levels, and more!

Last edited by ChrisMims; 02-14-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: FullMoon Version 1.5 Update

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

If this works and can be confirmed by someone else, +rep. thanks for writing this, it would be cool if everyone started uploading them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fd! View Post
    If this works and can be confirmed by someone else, +rep. thanks for writing this, it would be cool if everyone started uploading them here.
    Thanks I hope it works too I'm making more levels to upload right now.

Masteroid is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Sweet! I am going to make levels of awesomeness! I am so happy about this game. You pay, like, $70 NZD and you basically get a never ending game!!!

Cant get enough of LittleBigPlanet? Come to the LBP Forum!!!

It should work. I tested it with a few new profiles. Can anyone upload some levels?
    Last edited by ChrisMims; 11-13-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

It's not working, for me at least. I put the 5 files into the save, but no level ever showed up in either downloads or on my moon (in case it goes there). Still testing for alternative places though.

Alright, I tried to make my own level, well, I just used the down under template and saved it to see how it saved it on the MS.

Well, it saved it exactly where you said to save our downloaded level, except that the number format is different. for example, your test levels numbers are 58.CBF (Using this extension as an example), etc. The numbers on my saved level are in this format: 4A.CBF. The extensions are all the same though. The format is not NN (number number), but NL (Number letter).

Alright, here's an example of my level and files.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TS0COORQ
    If someone is able to play this level (well, start it), please reply in this thread that you can.

TIP:
    Also, do not delete the 5 files of a level your created off of your memory stick when connected to a computer, IT WILL MAKE YOUR SAVE CORRUPT UNTIL THE FILES ARE PUT BACK!!! If you want to delete a level you yourself created, then delete it from the moon in game.
    Last edited by Cheesetheif; 11-13-2009 at 09:23 PM.

UnŽestŽiŠted™

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    It's not working, for me at least. I put the 5 files into the save, but no level ever showed up in either downloads or on my moon (in case it goes there). Still testing for alternative places though.

Alright, I tried to make my own level, well, I just used the down under template and saved it to see how it saved it on the MS.

Well, it saved it exactly where you said to save our downloaded level, except that the number format is different. for example, your test levels numbers are 58.CBF (Using this extension as an example), etc. The numbers on my saved level are in this format: 4A.CBF. The extensions are all the same though. The format is not NN (number number), but NL (Number letter).

Alright, here's an example of my level and files.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TS0COORQ
    If someone is able to play this level (well, start it), please reply in this thread that you can.

TIP:
    Also, do not delete the 5 files of a level your created off of your memory stick when connected to a computer, IT WILL MAKE YOUR SAVE CORRUPT UNTIL THE FILES ARE PUT BACK!!! If you want to delete a level you yourself created, then delete it from the moon in game.
    It would appear on the moon, not in the "Downloads" section. That's weird, though, because the ones that I tested only had an NN (Number, Number) file id.

I'll do some work with a hex editor to try to find a work-around.

Created another level in a different crater. This one show up as "9B" on my memory stick.
    Also, at the beginning the game always asks to select a language, I always select English. Maybe that would matter?

UnŽestŽiŠted™

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Created another level in a different crater. This one show up as "9B" on my memory stick.
    Also, at the beginning the game always asks to select a language, I always select English. Maybe that would matter?
    The language settings shouldn't matter since mine is set on English too, and it uses the same save info for different languages.

I know, but then why does it save the levels differently?

UnŽestŽiŠted™

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast