Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] Speed up your MS while on 5.50 GEN!

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Default [Tutorial] Speed up your MS while on 5.50 GEN!

WARNING:
    There have been reports of people bricking their PSP's attempting this. Attempt at your own risk.

This tutorial IS NOT SUGGESTED for PSP 2000's as those seem to the ones that brick more often.

I am in no way shape or form responsible if you brick your/anyones PSP with this tutorial. This means that if you brick a PSP using this guide, then it is solely your fault and no one elses. I have warned you above that this has been known to BRICK PSP's, so attempt at your own risk and do not blame me or anyone in this thread if your PSP takes a dump on you. Don't give anyone bad rep in this thread if because of them this guide broke your PSP. You decided to use it. The people in the tutorials section do not deserve to get bad rep for trying to help out the community.

EDIT: 5.50 GEN-D3 works with this tutorial, tested on a PSP 1000 ONLY. AGAIN ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Welcome to my tutorial to speed up your MS in GEN-D2!

Items Needed:
    PSP 1k or 2k on 5.50 GEN-(A,B,B2,C,D,D2)
    5.50 U3R patch
    5.50 U3R 2 patch

Alright, so you want to speed up your MS, but GEN's taking too long and you can't wait. What do you do? You use U3-Robot's cfw patch! How it basically works is that it patches the 5.50 GEN cfw. Meaning that, it will not affect anything else really. You will still have all of the functions of 5.50 GEN plus the ability to speed up your MS. Awesome!

Tutorial:
    1. If you are not on 5.50 GEN, then please update to GEN before attempting this tutorial and to be careful, disable all plugins, and format Flash 1.

2. Alright so you are on GEN, and you want to get speed up your MS access. Download 5.50 U3R here: http://a5c64183.linkbucks.com

3. Extract the files, and drag the U3loader folder to the the GAME folder on your PSP.

4. On your PSP, exit out of USB mode and go to game, scroll down to your memory stick. Now select the U3R updater. It is a quick update.

5. Now, to update it to U3R 2. Grab this here file:
    http://15efd2b3.linkbucks.com

6. Extract the files, and drag the U3loader folder to the the GAME folder on your PSP.

7. On your PSP, exit out of USB mode and go to game, scroll down to your memory stick. Now select the U3R2 updater. It is a quick update again.

8. On your PSP, go to System Settings, then System Information. If you did everything correctly, it should read:
    System Software: 5.50 U3R-(A,B,B2,C,D,D2)

(Note: The last letter will tell you what GEN firmware it is, in my case it says D because I was on 5.50 GEN-D2. It will say 5.50 U3R-D3 if you are on 5.50 GEN-D3)

If it says 5.50 U3R without a letter at the end, you did not update it to U3R 2.

To speed up your MS:
    1. Turn your PSP fully off, then turn it on while holding the right trigger.

2. You are now in U3R's recovery menu. Go to configuration, then go all the way down to Speed up MS. Choose when you want it to speed up, Never, Always, Game, VSH, VSH and Game, etc.

Done, you are now running 5.50 GEN with speed up MS!

(I uploaded the patches to Megaupload myself)

Credits:
    bestyugiman - For giving me the idea earlier today to try it out.
    U3-Robot - The patches

WARNING:
    I am in no way shape or form responsible if you brick your/anyones PSP with this tutorial. This means that if you brick a PSP using this guide, then it is solely your fault and no one elses. I have warned you above that this has been known to BRICK PSP's, so attempt at your own risk and do not blame me or anyone in this thread if your PSP takes a dump on you. Don't give anyone bad rep in this thread if because of them this guide broke your PSP. You decided to use it. The people in the tutorials section do not deserve to get bad rep for trying to help out the community.

Last edited by Cheesetheif; 08-24-2010 at 11:21 PM.

UnŽestŽiŠted™

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Awesome! Now if there were only a Speed Up MS Access for 5.03 GEN-B..
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

The U3R patch has been around for a long while now, pretty much since 5.50 GEN-A. Somehow I do not think 5.03 will get a patch anytime soon.

UnŽestŽiŠted™

saebertooth is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    The U3R patch has been around for a long while now, pretty much since 5.50 GEN-A. Somehow I do not think 5.03 will get a patch anytime soon.
    can we directly upgrade to gen 5.50 d3 once it is released?

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

You can tell them to speed the MS even more via 3.71 fatmsmod with this : http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f118...msmod-t251418/
    and if anyone had problems with it then it was his fault , cuz he shouldn't face any problems except the bug with game categories which is from the fatmsmod the original one , not this patch which adds the line to game.txt and makes the fatmsmod compatible with gen
    Note : All my guides are outdated.

hey man i have a problem... I am on 5.50 Gen D2 now.
    When i downloaded and upgraded to 5.50 U3R, the homebrews aren't working.The PSP crashes as I try to start a homebrew.So quite obviously i am not able to upgrade to UBR 2.

Thank god i had my Gen 5.50 B2 backup

Quote Originally Posted by bestyugiman View Post
    You can tell them to speed the MS even more via 3.71 fatmsmod with this : http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f118...msmod-t251418/
    and if anyone had problems with it then it was his fault , cuz he shouldn't face any problems except the bug with game categories which is from the fatmsmod the original one , not this patch which adds the line to game.txt and makes the fatmsmod compatible with gen
    but this only works in the phat psp

Quote Originally Posted by saebertooth View Post
    but this only works in the phat psp
    For slim fully hackable psps you can use the normal 3.71 fatmshax , not this mod of it , just the normal fatmshax by dark alex.
    give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by bestyugiman View Post
    For slim fully hackable psps you can use the normal 3.71 fatmshax , not this mod of it , just the normal fatmshax by dark alex.
    give it a try
    well i have a doubt, i downloaded the normal 3.71 fatmshax but the readme goes like this

3.71 fatmsmod patch for 5.00

Instructions: decrypt 3.71 using psardumper (square option).
    Copy the file fatmsmod.prx in the root of memory stick.

Copy FATMS371 to /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME5XX. Run the program and done.
    Questions
    1)Do i have to decrypt anything.
    2)I cant find the fatmsmod.prx in the zip file.There is a fatms371_friend.prx ,iop.prx and an eboot.

Look do the following :
    download this file http://rapidshare.com/files/15718408...od_prx_371.rar
    and this file http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1589
    Steps *
    extract the first file and copy fatmsmod.prx to the root
    extract the second file and copy FATMS371 to PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME5XX
    run it and done
    enjoy

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast