Thread: [Mini-Tutorial]Getting ChickHen To work 1st Try(Suspend Mode)

whitak3r is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default [Mini-Tutorial]Getting ChickHen To work 1st Try(Suspend Mode)

This may or may not have been posted before. Sorry if it has. I just spent about an hour trying to get ChickHen r2 to work again(both mine and my Gf's PSP using GEN-B(5.03) with Sedna so we can "turn off" our PSP's" when we are done using them. my GF accidentally forgot about using the menu to turn it off and turned it off via the side button. Normally it only takes me a few minutes to get chickHEN to work, after sitting here for about an HOUR and trying EVERY other method I could find(Format card, restore defaults, use Easy ChickHEN installer, scroll,don't scroll, open an egg picture to cancel loading then switch themes then open folder then scroll to bottom, ect. ect.)

I tried this 4 times in a row be so far(to make sure it wasn't a fluke) and it worked every time**. I have USB and charge cable plugged in(no idea if this matters) and it worked every time.

If the first time it doesn't work(by whatever method you tried) let the PSP freeze/turn off. Turn it on again and scroll over to Photo tab, put your PSP into suspend mode, wait a few seconds, and turn get out of suspend mode. Go down from Photo mode into Memory Stick, press X, Go right. Wait(I didn't scroll down or anything, I just waited).... Hopefully it will go green and reboot into ChickHEN.

Hope this works for you...

**Before I clicked the "Submit New Thread" Button, I tested my theory a little more. Out of the 10 times I just tried it in a row, on 2 different PSP-3000's 5.03(one newly formatted, one I just turned off to test this) they both went into ChickHen the first time every time, except once(it was the one I formatted). Still 9/10 isn't that bad results as I sat here for an hour trying

I have my SlideShow set to "Normal". Both Theme and Background are on Original. I don't know if any of this matters.

Well good luck, just thought I'd share my 2 cents with you all!

**Small update: 1/9/2010 1:50pm**
    This might not actually work the FIRST time. I did it to my friends virgin psp-3000. I had to update to 5.03, install all the necessary files on the memory card, then try the exploit. When it didn't work the first time I was surprised. Tried it again and got luck. So it seemed to trigger the 2nd time.

Last edited by whitak3r; 01-09-2010 at 04:52 PM.

I'm not sure. I just tried it on my PSP-3000 with Gen-B 5.03 and Sedna. It let me turn it off with sedna via the site with sedna installed. It DOES let you turn it off via the side switch. Not sure what your talking about . I rebooted it with the VHS menu, still was on GEN-B, turned it off via VHS, still was on GEN-B. Held power button down, turned back on, Back on OFW 5.03. I guess it just lets me turn it off via side switch with sedna.

Anyway, it's not the matter HOW it goes turned off. On-topic would be a question about this tutorial not working. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything either tbh. I must have a different version of sedna installed or maybe a fluke with my PSP's that I am able to turn it off with the side switch

Haneiyuu is offline -Hacks Newbie

This may increase the likelyhood by clearing out the cache, but i wouldn't say this is a reliable method

MHU speed and some other versions of chickhen

eg.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f118...ml#post1291086

have higher success

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

MHU speed certainly is better than chickHEN R2 by itself, but it does not have a 90% success rate.

Un®est®i©ted™

I have to say this method does work very well. I mean I have tried other versions of ChickHEN and have replaced images, blah blah you know the drill. Still takes 100's of tries it seems usually. SOME people get lucky. I did try that link that you posted Hane, it worked 3rd try. 2nd to 10th time I tried look around 10 on average, once it took 15 :\. Still better then none.

The method I posted does not work 100% of the time, but I have tested it around 70 times(on only about 9 PSP's) since the time of this post. EVERY single time I have got it to work in less then 5 tries.

This is a really reliable method, one of the best I have seen. All the others I have tried always take around 10 tries or so. If you don't use this method, I suggest using MHU speed as this will work the fastest out of any.

MHU speed is MUCH better IMO though.

Icandothis is offline -Hacks Newbie

Wait is suspend mode the same as sleep mode?

AidenAdair is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes, suspend mode and sleep mode are the same I had to look it up as well.

Icandothis is offline -Hacks Newbie

Tried this two times and it didn't work :/ . However, I did the scrolling trick and got it to work 1st try.(Holding left and right and finally opening pictures fast.)

cyberdroxxx is offline -Hacks Newbie

MHU Speed works better for me. It even works on my Slim OFW 5.03 with clone MS ProDuo without MagicGate. The best thing of all compared to Chicken R2 is that I don't even have to reset my system settings to default before each flashing. MHU Speed works with custom settings, ID, wallpapers etc. It usually works within 1 -5 tries.

As for chickHEN I have to use original MS ProDuo +MagicGate (Sony or SAnDisk) or else it will not work.
    Last edited by cyberdroxxx; 05-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.

thatrandomguy is offline -Hacks Veteran

ya mhuspeed is better as it loads quicker but i still like chickhen r2.

what i usually do that works great is wait for the second flash of the chichken icon then i scroll the pics.

i would say it works for me about 80% of the time but i thought i would add this.

and nice guide.
    ask the monkey of psp-hacks.-ThatRandomGuy

Patch ISOS
    ,TRGS CFW GUIDE,Phantasy-star-online2-Userlist
    - I don't ask for much but rep is appreciated.