Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks to most easily install ChickHEN/MHUSPEED3

Gusha is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default [TUTORIAL] Tips and Tricks to most easily install ChickHEN/MHUSPEED3 on your PSP

DOWNLOADS:

ChickHEN R2
    Or - ChickHEN R2 MOD
    Or - MHUSPEED3

TERMS

*MS - Memory Stick (NB to check for MagicGate support by clicking triangle over the MS on the XMB)
    *XMB - X (Cross) Menu Bar - The Main Menu on the PSP
    *PHAT - PSP 100x series (All fully hackable)
    *SLIM - PSP 200x series and also known as the Slim and Lite (Some fully hackable and some partially hackable depending on the OFW - < 5.03)
    *BRITE - PSP 300x series (Some partially hackable depending on the OFW - < 5.03)
    *OFW - Official Firmware supplied by SONY - eg. The 5.03 OFW required to install ChickHEN
    *CFW - Firmware developed by other developers with added and alternative functionality - eg. M33, GEN and MHU

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT CHICKHEN WILL ONLY LOAD ON A PSP RUNNING 5.03 OFW - NOTHING ELSE

PREPARING THE Memory Stick and PSP

*Reset the PSP to factory defaults
    *Turn off UMD AutoStart and Cache (Where applicable)
    *Set Themes/Background etc to ORIGINAL
    *Set UMD charge and AUTO CONNECT to OFF (Varies from Phats to Brites)
    *Some say that on the PHATS the screen brightness should be on the lowest setting
    *Some also say set the Language to ENGLISH and the Character Set to US(437) This is for PSP's bought in Japan

*Backup your MS – Specifically Game Saves
    *Format MS (many claim that the smaller (512m/1g/2g) original cards work best)
    *Rename the "MPROOT" folder to ‘MSROOT’
    *Extract “ChickHENR2.RAR”/"MHUSPEED3.RAR" Open the Slim/Phat (depending on your model and the variant being used) folder and copy the ChickHEN folder contained to the MS0:\PSP\PHOTO folder
    *Place a copy of the “h.bin”/"speed.bin" file extracted earlier on the ROOT of the MS as well as in the MSROOT folder (changed earlier)
    *ENSURE THAT THERE ARE NO OTHET PICS OR PHOTOS ON THE MS This is the most common cause of ChickHEN/MHUSPEED3 not loading!

*IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS (Doesn’t work after the 10th try etc)

*Some say copy 3 more versions of the pictures of the Eggs into the ChickHEN folder and rename “e”,”f” and “g”
    *Some say scroll down to the last image while they load but don’t click X on it (never works for me on either the 2k or 3k)
    *Remove battery instead of rebooting
    *Install ChickHEN without battery on the AC charger only

NOW

*Fully switch off the PSP (not sleep – hold up the power button for +-7 sec)
    *Restart and immediately scroll to PHOTO in the XMB and select MS\ChickHEN – When the thumbnail loads – press X – Nothing else!
    *Funky ‘Green’ screen ensues and Auto-Restart

IF

*The screen freezes and it Auto-Shuts down but not Restart – Unsuccessful so return to step “Restart and imediately scroll to PHOTO\MS\ChickHEN – etc”
    *To check the ChickHEN’s establishment on the PSP look in Settings>System Settings>Sytem Information>System Software – (should be) 5.03 ChickHenR2/SPEED3
    and if so move ahead and install HEN CFW or to full CFW for Fully Hackable models

IF NOT

*Fully switch off the PSP (not sleep – hold up the power button for +-7 sec)
    *Restart and immediately scroll to PHOTO in the XMB and select MS\ChickHEN – When the thumbnail loads – press X – Nothing else!
    *Funky ‘Green’ screen ensues and Auto-Restart

IF NOT

*Go back to the start of the ChickHEN section of this tutorial and start again (some say booting the PSP while Holding the ‘R’ trigger and continuing to hold it while installing ChickHEN increases the success rate – Unconfirmed)

Please acknowledge that I do not claim to have invented or discovered ANY of these methods myself but have compiled this over time and experience working with ChickHEN and MHUSPEED3 on both a 2004 (ta088v3) and 3004.
    Please do not hesitate to add tips or suggestions regarding this guide!

Last edited by Gusha; 02-23-2010 at 10:39 PM.
    PSP1006 (TA79v2) Various; PSP3004 (TA90v2) 6.20 PRO-B9pp & PSP2004 (TA88v3) 6.20 PRO-B9pp

kikokiko is offline -Hacks Newbie

Nothing works i tried everything it just auto shuts down

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Are u sure u are on 5.03?

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Try mine if you want. V
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

hi i have psp 3001 v.5.03 i have cfw 3.70 i did the chickhen and it shined and worked and it wrote me at the system information but when i try to run cfwe it stays about 1 min on the white screen then closes plzz reply

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kikokiko View Post
    hi i have psp 3001 v.5.03 i have cfw 3.70 i did the chickhen and it shined and worked and it wrote me at the system information but when i try to run cfwe it stays about 1 min on the white screen then closes plzz reply
    what does system information read?

it says system:5.03 chickHEN

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

You're good to go then, just run GEN-C or CFWE while holding L.
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

sry but whats a gen c

i runed cfwe but it closes

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

Format your memory stick

download and install chickhen files from here

after enabling chickhen follow this

10-Download CFWE 3.70

11-Extract it

12-Open the 'CFWEnabler370' folder resulted from the extraction , then open the PSP folder , then the GAME Folder

13-Copy the 'CFWEnabler' folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

14-Run it from Game - Memory Stick on your PSP

15-Choose the first option which is flash and start

16-Choose 'Yes' and wait for it to finish

17-Also I after the first time you toggle CFWE 3.70 , I recommend you format the memory stick , ONLY NEEDED AFTER THE FIRST TIME

18-Press Select and Change UMD ISO Mode to M33 Driver or Sony Np9660

19-Enjoy !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast