Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] Connecting a PSN account to 5.50GEN-D3

Secret Dragoon is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default [Tutorial] Connecting a PSN account to 5.50GEN-D3

PLEASE CONSULT THIS TOPIC AS PSNFUCKER IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THIS GUIDE

~~~

YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE PLAYSTATION STORE WITH THIS. YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE STORE ON ANY CFW. W/ OUT PSNFUCKER. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS OUTDATED.
    *This is for use with PSNabler / PSNkiller or to use thing that may need you to have "Signed up for Playstation Network"

Preface

For anyone who doesn't know, 5.50 GEN-D3 has an error (#20000001) where you cannot use some of the online features such as Network Update or singing up for PSN. This Tutorial will hopefully show you how you can tie your PSN to a 5.50 GEN-D3 enabled PSP with the TEST M33 option located on either a 5.00 M33 DCv8 MMS or XGEN Pandora v5.

*This guide assumes you are using XGEN Pandora as you are using 5.50 GEN-D3 and not 5.00 M33-X

Requirements

- That you have set up XGEN Pandora on a Memory Stick.
    - A Pandora Battery to do this with
    - 5.50 GEN-D3 (as this is the only version where the problem happens)

* Check my guide here on installing XGEN Pandora v5

The Steps

1. Boot into Test M33 Mode by Inserting your Pandora Battery while holding L+R. Exit from the M33 Recovery Menu.
    2. Modify Test M33 Mode's Settings to fit your liking because things like your PSP's name and Date / Time will be changed to whatever are selected here.
    3. Under PSN Select Sign Up for Playstation Network and Sign in or Register like you normally would.

4. After you tie your PSN to your Test M33 Mode hard shut down your PSP and Boot start it up like you normally would.
    * Note After you sign up do not "Go to Playstation Store" Press O at this screen

5. Access your Memory Stick via the XMB and locate the registry folder at ms0:/TM/DC8/ where ms0:/ is your PSP's drive letter / location on your PC.

6. Back the up folder and all of it's contents somewhere onto your Computer.
    7. Switch back to your PSP and access the VSH Menu. Select Your "USB Device" as Flash1.

8. Override the existing folder. Image is too big
    9. Hard shutdown your PSP and reboot it. If you listened to me exactly your configuration should be as it was when you used the Test M33 option. You should now have account management under the XMB.

Q & A

Q: Can this brick me?
    A: No. The worst thing that can happen is that you get a blue screen that asks you to press O to restart your PSP. It then sets your Settings to default. This shouldn't happen unless you physically edit the reg files though.

Q: What is the use of having my PSN linked to my PSP.
    A: Having your PSN linked to your PSP means you can play PSN games with PSNabler / PSNkiller. You cannot access the PSN on a CFW-enabled PSP.

Last edited by Secret Dragoon; 04-13-2010 at 03:09 PM.

kingrun20 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Exclamation

wish this was made a bit earlier i had like 20 pages open reading them all and making a tutorial in my head how to make this happen and when i got done with it and all the frustration (at least i did it) now i see this showed up ... this will make everything a lot easier for everyone (would have been for me too if i just waited ) but still thanks Dragoon i vote for this to be stickied

dcontrol is offline -Hacks Newbie

When I try to login from Test M33 it says I need to upgrade, am I missing something here? How were you able to link it to psn?

You just Sign up, you can't actually "log in" to the PSN.
    Unless they fixed this, let me go look.

EDIT: You just need to use the Sign Up for Playstation Network option, when you get to the point where it says that you need a FW update you're done. You can transfer the registry folder at that point as you are technically "attached" to that PSN.

YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE PLAYSTATION STORE WITH THIS. YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE STORE ON ANY CFW.
    Last edited by Secret Dragoon; 03-19-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Someone's login is already on there, I'm assuming because of some of the tools I used, so I thought I need to login to save that info. I was able to transfer it over, but it still saved that guys info. I'll try removing that folder and seeing if the sign up option appears and it can save my info.

I clarified that part of the process, and added a few more images.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Dragoon View Post
    I clarified that part of the process, and added a few more images.
    Yeah, deleting the whole folder worked, just said it was corrupted and had to rebuild, then that option showed up to sign up and I was able to copy that over.

Whoever klutsh@x-projects is, he saved his name and password is saved in some firmware somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dcontrol View Post
    Yeah, deleting the whole folder worked, just said it was corrupted and had to rebuild, then that option showed up to sign up and I was able to copy that over.

Whoever klutsh@x-projects is, he saved his name and password is saved in some firmware somewhere.
    You could have stolen his Password, I know where it's located =O
    People should be more careful.

Patriick is offline -Hacks Newbie

This is probably a really nooby question but if I try to run LEDA after doing this will it still work?

TuBitMittens is offline -Hacks Neophyte

It took me a few times to get it but I'm now able to get online with resistance and motorstorm on gen d3. however I have 'uni psnkiller'(dont know if its the same thing) and I used hellcats flash recovery 1.60 and then went up from there(dont have a pandora)
    I was wondering is it normal for games in resistance to take at least almost a minute or so to appear??
    and in motorstorm: when I log on, it takes me a few times to find players onlinre..I just try different tracks. do you guys think think this is cuz of the cfw or is just that not many people are playing the game??
    either way, I'm just happy I got it to at least work and I'm able to play some games online.
    I just wish little big planet was still working. not being able to view other people's levels is half the replay value down the toilet. :/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast