Thread: [mini-Tutorial] Triggering ChickHEn in PSP 3000 - 90% probabilities

CarpinTTas is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default [mini-Tutorial] Triggering ChickHEn in PSP 3000 - 90% probabilities

Hi, many people have trouble triggering chickHEN (luckily, not me) so here is how I do it (with practice I can do it on the first or second time - always)

If you want to know how or when to apply chickHEN or other hacking related things go to the http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...hread-t227349/
    it has every thing you need to know about hacking ANY psp -except those that are unhackable. (;

I have a psp 3004 and i am using ChickHEN r2
    (the version they use at the hack your psp mega thread > psp 300x and 200x-(motherboard version blah blah i don't remember)

So the trick is:

1 - Go to the photos folder and scroll down to the chichHEN folder and wait (don't open it yet)

2 - When the image of and egg appears in the chickHEN folder enter the folder.

3 - Now focus. When the name of the first picture appears push the down button. (never enter the pictures - pressing X.... just highlight them)

4 - Do the same thing for the other images (when the name appear, scroll down to the next one) and concentrate on the time it takes for the name to appear.

5 - When you get to the 4th pic. (the one before the last one) you will have to push the down button just a moment before the name shows up.

6 - The screen flashes green or something and it reboots. done!
    If it freezes your psp wait about twenty seconds and it will turn off.
    turn on the psp and try again. focus on the time it take to load the names so you can time this right.

Using this method, which i discovered my self, it ALWAYS works as long as the name of the 4th pic. appears when i am already on the 5th pic.
    I have never try in other psp then my own.

Here is a video of me doing it. This time I almost failed the timing as you can see the name of the 4th pic appears just a moment before switching to the 5th, none the less it worked because I pressed the down key before the name appeared. The timing hasn't perfect but I got lucky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSlh6qyQ1U

Hope I helped...if add rep if you want.
    Please reply saying if it work for you or not, specially if it didn't.

PS: It work even when: I have a wallpaper, I have other folders with photos besides chickHEN, I haven't restores system settings neither have i reformat the memory card.

Last edited by CarpinTTas; 07-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

I just tried this. It worked after the 2nd try. However I wasn't as critical with the scrolling timing. I looked for the text of the picture's name to load then tapped down repeatedly (not fast) and then a flash of green and presto! ChickHen v2 ready

thanks for the help carpin

Trixx07 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Just making sure this will work with a brand new PSP 3000 6.20 Green Metal Gear Addition just released i didnt upgrade to 6.20 it came as in store had asked me to upgrade to 6.30 but didnt yet.

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Trixx07 View Post
    Just making sure this will work with a brand new PSP 3000 6.20 Green Metal Gear Addition just released i didnt upgrade to 6.20 it came as in store had asked me to upgrade to 6.30 but didnt yet.
    chickhen will only of OFW 5.03....

Trixx07 is offline -Hacks Newbie

So is there anyway of downgrading a psp 6.20? i found a website with a chart saying that it is possible to do but not done yet. But that was dated almost a year ago. And also how do i figure out what motherboard i have in my psp?

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Trixx07 View Post
    So is there anyway of downgrading a psp 6.20? i found a website with a chart saying that it is possible to do but not done yet. But that was dated almost a year ago. And also how do i figure out what motherboard i have in my psp?
    3000's cant be downgraded yet. You have either a ta-90 v2 or ta-93 both being unhackable.