Thread: Repairing a broken / dead PSP battery

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default Repairing a broken / dead PSP battery

If your battery doesn't work, charge or even get recognised by your PSP don't just throw it away because there is a good chance that it is still OK. Here are a couple of methods of fixing them easily at no cost.

1/ Get a couple of small pieces of wire/cable and push one in the + connector of the battery and one in the - connector. Now touch the other ends of the wires momentarily. If the connection is good you should see a small spark. Don't worry this is a very low voltage and will do no damage to you at all.
    You can also touch the two ends to your tongue, it'll tingle. This results in shorting the battery and resetting the circuit board inside the battery. It should work fine, try a couple of times and then place your PSP on charge and should find it charges again.

if that didn't work try the following method

2/ Instead of touching the two ends of the wires to your tongue or each other this time you are going to connect them to a bulb from inside a car (xmas lights will work as well as any other low voltage bulb such as torch etc)
    For this example I have used the one from inside my car. Simply stripped the wire back a little on the end that touches the bulb and wrapped it around the terminal. One wire on each end/terminal obviously as we are creating a circuit here and attempting to power the bulb with the PSP battery. If it lights up then this proves that your battery is still good, it just needs to be discharged so put it somewhere safe, where it can stay lit up for a few hours and remember that the bulb will get hot so again, put it somewhere safe.
    After the bulb discharges the battery place it on charge and the PSP should recognise it again and charge it up.

3DS: 4167-4567-3684

MTN
    MTN is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

that happened to me once , i left it in the psp anyway . it started charging in 3 hours...

-"OOh! sceGuClear?! Sounds exciting! I wanna stick my dick in it!" Stinkee2
    -DO NOT choose "install alongside other OS" when installing ubuntu 10.04 or higher

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

This is a good tutorial. I've seen a handful of people who could have used this... instead, I told them to buy a different battery.

(xmas lights will work as well as any other low voltage bulb such as torch etc)
    When you say torch, I know you're talking about this:

but for those weirdos in the United States you might mention that it's a flash light.

In the United States, this is what most people think of when they hear the word torch (at least in my area):

Rambokill is offline -Hacks Hacker

I got LOT of DEAD batteries so I think am gonna try this .
    PSP SLIM AND LITE CERAMIC WHITE>5.00 M33-6>LEDA0.2>m33_630 ADDON
    LOL

vandurol123 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Thanks BeAkErOo, this will be useful to me. Definitely since I got some dead batteries as well

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Fixed another battery using 2nd method a few nights ago.
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684