Thread: [Tutorial] Update LittleBigPlanet to 2.05

-OuterHeaven- is offline -Hacks Member

Default [Tutorial] Update LittleBigPlanet to 2.05

I noticed that someone posted an incomplete version of my tutorial, so I decided to post the full version for everyone.

The 2.05 update will work on both M33 and GEN firmwares, and also with the Prometheus add-ons. Once LittleBigPlanet is updated, you can use the PSNLover plugin to go online and download levels, costumes, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------

First, find out what version of LittleBigPlanet you have. You can go into PSP/SAVEDATA, and if you have a folder called UCUS98744PROFILE, then you have the USA version. If the folder is called UCES01264PROFILE, then you have the EUR version.

You'll need something to open the iso, you can download UMDGen here.

----USA Version Instructions----

1) Download this and this, and extract them both.

2) Launch UMDGen, and open your LBP iso. Go into the PSP_GAME/SYSDIR folder, and delete everything that's inside.

3) On your computer, open the USA-SYSDIR folder you downloaded, and drag all the files into your iso's PSP_GAME/SYSDIR. Then, save the iso.

4) Connect your PSP to the computer, and copy the UCUS98744 folder you downloaded into your PSP/GAME folder.

5) Copy your new iso into your ISO folder, and you're done.

You'll now see an update in your game menu, but don't try to start it. Just start LittleBigPlanet like normal. Also, don't delete the update. It is needed for the game to boot. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

----EUR Version Instructions----

1) Download this and this, and extract them both.

2) Launch UMDGen, and open your LBP iso. Go into the PSP_GAME/SYSDIR folder, and delete everything that's inside.

3) On your computer, open the USA-SYSDIR folder you downloaded, and drag all the files into your iso's PSP_GAME/SYSDIR. Then, save the iso.

4) Connect your PSP to the computer, and copy the UCUS98744 folder you downloaded into your PSP/GAME folder. Then, rename the UCUS98744 folder to UCES01264.

5) Copy your new iso into your ISO folder, and you're done.

You'll now see an update in your game menu, but don't try to start it. Just start LittleBigPlanet like normal. Also, don't delete the update. It is needed for the game to boot. Enjoy!

luigimario01 is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for the tutorial. it worked. i connected to psn and downloaded some free addons for lbp. it was some new costumes. it said they had downloaded and installed but I can't find them. am i doing something wrong?
    thanks

It could be a few different problems. Just so you know, the costume packs won't give you completed costumes, they give you the individual costume pieces.

If you have updated the iso correctly, but the costume pieces don't show up, check to see if your iso region matches your PSN region. If you downloaded from the USA PSN, but have the EUR iso, the pieces won't show up. In that case, go into PSP/GAME, and look for a UCUS98744 or UCES01264 folder. Then, rename it so that it matches your save data (example: if your LBP save data says UCES01264PROFILE, then rename the folder in PSP/GAME to UCES01264).

If that isn't your problem, check in your PSP/LICENSE folder and see if the licenses were actually downloaded. Occasionally, PSNLover won't download license files, and your content won't work. In that case, there are many different possible solutions, and some are more difficult than others.

BOSSHOGG1978 is offline -Hacks Newbie

This is very cool, it made me think I might load this game up.

thanks for replying outerheaven,
    i checked and the psp/license folder is empty. what steps would i have to take to get this working so i can use my downloads?

The good news is that you can still go online with LittleBigPlanet and download levels. Those are much more fun than costumes.

It can be very hard to fix the license problem with PSNLover. First, what kind of PSP do you have, and what firmware are you using? Also, do you know how many PSN accounts have been used on your PSP? Note: If you're using GEN firmware, it can be much harder to fix than M33. One thing you can try is using Media Go on your computer to download and transfer content to the PSP. That method sometimes works.

my psp is the phat 1000. it has 5.50 promethus firmware. i have never used a psn account on my psp until the other day.

Power_Mikey is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default REply

why shuldn't i run the patch?

SrgE_951x is offline -Hacks Newbie

is the USA-SYSDIR used to update all iso or just little big planet? PLEASE REPLY

Quote Originally Posted by SrgE_951x View Post
    is the USA-SYSDIR used to update all iso or just little big planet? PLEASE REPLY
    These updates are only for LittleBigPlanet. They won't work on other games.