Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6.20 TN-B : Hacking and downgrading your PSP with total_noob's HEN!

Kerrigan666 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Thumbs up 6.20 TN-B : Hacking and downgrading your PSP with total_noob's HEN!

Introduction

Last updated 1/1/2011

This guide applies mostly to the PSP GO, PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 with the "unhackable" motherboard(TA088v3), with official firmwares 5.50-6.20. It can also be used for downgrading the rest of the PSP's if a pandora battery is not available! Please keep in mind that 6.20 TN-B belongs to the "temporary cfw" category meaning that if you turn off your PSP(not sleep mode), the hack is gone and you have to repeat the process on the PSP itself. Whenever possible, I recommend the older cfw's because they have more features, more plugins and easier iso loading!

This guide is outdated! TN-C is out. Read this tutorial

Credits:

To Kamenrider, for his info and tutorials and especially Organised_Chaos for his pictures and his tutorial in HBL, 6.20 TN-A, and how to tell if you have a 3g or 4g PSP-3000.

I. UPDATING TO 6.20 official firmware(ofw).

• Download 6.20 OFW or the PSP GO version depending on your PSP.
    • Connect the PC with the PSP and copy the eboot.pbp contained in the .rar to the folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE. IF those folders do not exist, create them.
      Spoiler for copy eboot.pbp here:

• Disconnect the PSP from the PC and from XMB(main screen of the PSP),
      run the 6.20 update.
      Spoiler:

You are now in 6.20 OFW!

II. INSTALLING HBL R109

• Connect the PSP with the PC
    • Download HBL R109 unrar it and copy the enitire hbl folder AND h.bin to the root of the memory stick(not in any subfolders).
    • Download the save data exploit unrar it and copy the entire folder "UCUS98732_DATA02" to the "PSP/SAVEDATA" folder of the memory stick
    • Download the patapon 2 demo unzip it and copy the"UCUS98734" folder in there to the "PSP/GAME" folder of the PSP.

You now have the hbl installed which gives you limited homebrew loading capabilities! Do not disconnect the PSP yet, we have more work to do!

III.Installing 6.20 TN-B.

• Download the 6.20 TN-B and copy the "HEN" folder in the "PSP/GAME/" folder of the memory stick.
    • Disconnect the PSP from the PC

Now that you have everything set, time to run the 6.20 TN-B!

IV. Running the 6.20 TN-B.
    • From the XMB(main screen of the PSP), Run the patapon 2 demo
      Spoiler:

• In the next screen press "yes" or "no", it doesn't really matter. I recommend pressing yes so the next time you load the demo, you can skip this screen.
      Spoiler:

• Now press continue and load the save game

Spoiler:

• Press any button in the next screen then press the "R" button.
      Spoiler:

• It will then load the hbl. In the next screen that appears, select the "HEN" option and you will boot into 6.20 TN-B.
      Spoiler:

Congratulations! Check the system information if you want to make sure in "settings->system settings->system information".
      Spoiler:

You can now run most of the homebrew and with a little bit of work, you can load (legally backed up)ISO games as well.

V. ISO LOADING
    Depending on the PSP you now have 2 choices a)downgrade to 5.03 and install 5.03 GEN-C + prometheus or use the ISO loader for 6.20 TN-B.
    WARNING! Downgrading to 5.03 is risky for PSP GO or 4g PSP 3000, it has not been tested yet and their motherboard may NOT support it, resulting in a brick! You can check if you have a 4g PSP 3000 here.You have been warned!

List of possible downgrade depending on the PSP model.
    Credits to organised_chaos
    Spoiler:

PSP 100X with 01G Module:
    - Downgrading to OFW 1.50 and above Possible

PSP 200X with TA88-V2 and lower:
    - Downgrading to OFW 2.60 and above Possible

PSP 200X with TA88-V3:
    - Downgrading to OFW 4.20 Impossible
    - Downgrading to OFW 4.21 Possible
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.00 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.01 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.02 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.03 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.51 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 6.00 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 6.10 Possible.

PSP 300X with 03G Module:
    - Downgrading to OFW 4.21 Impossible
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.00 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.01 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.02 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.03 Possible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.51 Possible.

PSP 300X with 04G Module:
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.00 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.01 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.02 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.03 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.51 Impossible.

PSP GO with 05G Module:
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.00 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.01 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.02 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.03 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 5.51 Impossible.
    - Downgrading to OFW 6.00 Impossible.

Source: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=146

V.A. Downgrading to 5.03 OFW- INSTALLING 5.03 prometheus.
    • Connect the PSP with the PC.
    • Download the original 5.00 version.txt
    • Unzip the file. Connect the PSP with the PC and copy the "version.txt" to the "seplugins" folder of the memory stick. If there isn't one, create it in the root of the memory stick.
    • Download the 5.03 OFW and place the eboot.pbp in the "PSP/GAME/UPDATE" folder. Disconnect the PSP.
    • Press "select" to bring up the VSH menu, and change the "FAKE INDEX.DAT" to enabled. Then press "restart VSH" from the same menu.
      Spoiler:

• After it restarts, load the 5.03 update from the "game" menu in XMB.
      The PSP will think it has 5.00 OFW and will update normally. You are now in 5.03 OFW.
    • Follow this guide to install 5.03 gen C + prometheus(section IX. Hacking a PSP 3000 and PSP 2000(only with the TA088V3 motherboard!)
      Special note: If you have a PSP 1000 or 2000 WITHOUT the TA088v3 motherboard, you can install a PERMANENT hack like 5.00 m33-6 or 5.50 GEN following the same guide!

V.B.INSTALLING THE PROMETHEUS ISO LOADER FOR 6.20 TN-B.

This enables you to load LEGALLY backed up games. However, the 5.03 GEN C does not need an ISO loader, hence it is better IF your PSP can be safely downgraded.

• Connect the PSP with the PC
    • Download the prometheus ISO loader. Unzip it and copy the entire "Prometheus_Iso_loader" to "PSP/GAME/"
    • Create an ISO folder in the root of the memory stick and copy any ISO game you want to play there.
    • Disconnect the PSP and launch the prometheus ISO loader from the "game" in XMB
      Spoiler:

• In the next screen, select the game you want to load.
      Spoiler:

You are all done! Enjoy your games!

Last edited by Kerrigan666; 01-23-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

Sureboi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks 4 d guide, i just bought a psp 3003 v6.20, & i haven't tampered @ all -yet...
    From what point exactly would i have to redo d hack if my battery dies or i switch off 2 save power? Wud i have 2 reconnect 2 a p.c.(cos i don't have constant access 2 1) thanks,

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sureboi View Post
    Thanks 4 d guide, i just bought a psp 3003 v6.20, & i haven't tampered @ all -yet...
    From what point exactly would i have to redo d hack if my battery dies or i switch off 2 save power? Wud i have 2 reconnect 2 a p.c.(cos i don't have constant access 2 1) thanks,
    yup if your battery dies or psp crashes. no u dont need to be connected to pc to redo hack.

Thanks a lot

I've bn reading tru the threads thoroughly... 1)i've just got 2 umd's gta liberty city & pes 09 from a friend, d disks r aged & i'm havin loading probs. How can i back them up...?
    2)& also to play backed up iso's i'll need (hbl + prometheus iso loader & 2 hack my v6.20 with TN HEN-B) ryt...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sureboi View Post
    I've bn reading tru the threads thoroughly... 1)i've just got 2 umd's gta liberty city & pes 09 from a friend, d disks r aged & i'm havin loading probs. How can i back them up...?
    2)& also to play backed up iso's i'll need (hbl + prometheus iso loader & 2 hack my v6.20 with TN HEN-B) ryt...?
    use umd dump to rip the games and yes to 2.

odin2free is offline -Hacks Newbie

So what if say you have done the 6.20 TN b hack and prometheus hen or what not but you want to downgrade
    I have The Ta 088v3, i see that you can downgrade it to 5.03 ofw then have the 5.03 gen c with prometheus

Now im wondering if i downgrade this would i be able to update or downgrade it further from the 5.03 Gen c with out the pandora to have constant CFW.....

Quote Originally Posted by odin2free View Post
    So what if say you have done the 6.20 TN b hack and prometheus hen or what not but you want to downgrade
    I have The Ta 088v3, i see that you can downgrade it to 5.03 ofw then have the 5.03 gen c with prometheus

Now im wondering if i downgrade this would i be able to update or downgrade it further from the 5.03 Gen c with out the pandora to have constant CFW.....
    no u cant. u cant have permanent cfw because of limitations in your hardware ie because u have a V3 motherboard.

Pls,Does this mean that if i eva hv 2 switch off completely , d downgrade has 2 b done all ova again?

& also Pls, is there any known "working" way to back up umd's while on 6.20 tn hen-b... Since there's No vhs menu & umdump doesn't seem 2 work on 6.20 TN HEN -B, must i have 2 downgrade 2 b able 2 use umdumper?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast