Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install 6.36/6.35/6.31 PRO (signed) + ISO loader

Kerrigan666 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Exclamation How to install 6.36/6.35/6.31 PRO (signed) + ISO loader

Introduction

This guide applies mostly to the PSP GO, PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 with the "unhackable" motherboard(TA088v3), with official firmwares 6.31-6.36. The rest can be downgraded with a pandora battery and MMS. Please keep in mind that this new hack belongs to the "temporary cfw" category meaning that if you turn off your PSP(not sleep mode), the hack is gone and you have to repeat the process on the PSP itself. Whenever possible, I recommend the older cfw's because they have more features, plugins and easier iso loading! You can read about them here!

I would also like to add a minor note: I have not been able to test the 6.36 HEN myself but it should work as the previous versions. If anyone is having trouble, please post below.

Credits:

To Organized_Chaos for his pictures, chewee and Neon Knight for their help!

I.Installing HEN for 6.31-6.36 OFW.

• Download the appropriate HEN version depending on what is the firmware of your PSP. To find out what firmware you have, on XMB(main screen of the PSP go to settings->system settings.

Download
      HEN for 6.36
      HEN for 6.35
      HEN for 6.31
    • Connect the PSP with the PC
    • Copy the "EBOOT.PBP" contained in the .rar file to the "PSP/GAME/HEN" folder of the memory stick(if the folder does not exist, create it).

Now the rest of the process is exactly the same for ALL firmwares!
    • Disconnect the PSP from the PC
    • From the XMB just run the HEN. That's all!

Congratulations! Check the system information if you want to make sure in "settings->system settings->system information". You can now run most of the homebrew and with a little bit of work, you can load (legally backed up) ISO games as well.

Important info! There are two ways for loading ISO games. With the prometheus ISO loader you just have to do the installation process once but you have to run it every time you want to load a game. With the ISO tool you have to do the process once for each game but then you can run the game as many times as you want directly from the XMB with no more trouble. ISO tool is also useful for patching games so you may want to install it anyway. It's up to you!

II. ISO LOADING WITH PROMETHEUS ISO LOADER

This enables you to load LEGALLY backed up games.

• Connect the PSP with the PC
    • Download the Prometheus ISO Loader. Unzip it and copy the entire "Prometheus_Iso_loader" to "PSP/GAME/"
    • Create an ISO folder in the root of the memory stick and copy any ISO game you want to play there.
    • Disconnect the PSP and launch the prometheus ISO loader from the "game" in XMB
      Spoiler:

• In the next screen, select the game you want to load.
      Spoiler:

III. ISO LOADING WITH ISO TOOL V1.960

• Connect the PSP with the PC.
    • Download ISO tool v1.960.
    • Extract the .rar somewhere in the PC and navigate into iso_tool/PSP/GAME/. In there, you will find a folder also named "iso_tool". Copy that folder into PSP/GAME folder of the memory stick.
    • Remember to copy your desired ISO game(s) to the ISO folder of the memory stick too!
    • Disconnect the PSP from the PC.
    • From the XMB run the ISO tool.

Spoiler:

You may skip the following steps if the game is patched.
    • Select your game by pressing "x" and choose the "EBOOT decrypt" option. If you still have the ISO game in the PC do not make a backup in the next screen.
      Spoiler:

• Choose "yes" in the version patch and select start.
      Spoiler:

• Select your game again, only this time choose "patch prometheus". Find the "prometheus4/" option and start the process.
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

-END OF PATCHING PROCESS-

• Select your game and choose "Make XMB-ICON". Press yes and you are done! You can run the game from the XMB as many times as you want!
      Spoiler:

You are all done! Enjoy your games!

Last edited by Kerrigan666; 01-24-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

Spack Da Devil Man is offline -Hacks Smarty

great.. but im guessing prx plugins dont work?

Last edited by Spack Da Devil Man; 01-03-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

According to the creators, it should.

Un®est®i©ted™

Spack Da Devil Man is offline -Hacks Smarty

with a plugin loader homebrew? if there is one, because theres no recovery menu in ofw to my knowledge.. and i think the TC messed up with the link for the Minna no sukkiri demo with the save game exploit, it takes me to the same as the hbl thing.

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Just install them like you would on CFW.
    Make the seplugins folder with the vsh text etc...

And Restart the VSH.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by junKie View Post
    And Restart the VSH.
    And because this HEN does not come with a VSH menu, the only way to do that is to start a homebrew then end it to get back to the XMB.

Un®est®i©ted™

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    And because this HEN does not come with a VSH menu, the only way to do that is to start a homebrew then end it to get back to the XMB.
    My bad, i had my mind on 6.20 TN-B.
    Sorry if i confused you.

Kerrigan666 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Spack Da Devil Man View Post
    i think the TC messed up with the link for the Minna no sukkiri demo with the save game exploit, it takes me to the same as the hbl thing.
    Sorry about that... I made it in a hurry plus I'm a noob.

It's fixed now.

So far I haven't been able to run plugins in this version.
    I had FUSA and screenshotbmp.

Also when i put the 5.03 ofw and try to update, there is a message that my PSP is on OFW 6.31 while my PSP is on 6.35!!!
    Last edited by Kerrigan666; 01-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

Cycloid is offline -Hacks Newbie

There seem to be conflicting instructions here?

over here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/01/03/...6-35-released/

step 4 says "Replace HBL’s “hbl/menu/EBOOT.PBP” with the appropriate HEN version"

so replace the one that's like 900kb with the 105kb one?

Also, this works on the PSP GO internal storage, not just a memstick, right? If so, is it ok if I already have games and savadata and stuff on the PSP?
    Last edited by Cycloid; 01-04-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Me and dimosbill just tested this. On 5.50 GEN-D3 it worked fine. On 6.35 HEN none of the plugins would load. He tested fusa.prx, screenshotbmp.prx (i think), and screen.prx. Nothing worked. Do you know of any plugins that DO work?

If so, I created a homebrew app that starts up, then immediately exits to the XMB again which might be faster than starting a normal app, pressing home, saying yes, etc. I just think 6.3x HEN doesn't have as much homebrew/plugin support.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFYYIUF2
    Last edited by Organized_Chaos; 01-04-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast