Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing 6.35 PRO-B2

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Default Installing 6.35 PRO-B2

Welcome everyone
    First of all, Skorpian and PSP-Hacks aren't responsible if you brick your PSP. If you follow all instruction correctly, you shouldn't damage your PSP. However, if you brick it or cause any damage, it's your very own responsibility.
    Buzzing news in the scene, downgrading HENs CFW's etc.
    Latest CFW by Virtousflame ( aka liquidzigong ) and coldbird have been released called 6.35 PRO-B2. This CFW has a built in ISO loader so no need for prometheus iso loader, no OpenIdea ISO Loader and no ISO Tool
    First of all, this is of no use for hackable PSP's ( PSP 1000 and PSP 2000 wit non TA088V3 ) as they can do what this can do and more.

Please understand that this CFW is temporary so if you shut down your PSP completely, you'll need to run Fast Recovery after you boot your PSP to go back to PRO-B.

If you're already on more than 6.20 on 03g, you can either use this, downgrade to 6.20 and use TN HEN or downgrade to 5.03 and use GEN

If you're already on more than 6.20 on 04g or on a PSP GO, you can either use this or downgrade to 6.20 and use TN HEN.
    However, if you're afraid of risk of brick, you can just try 6.35 PRO-A4 and see if it suits you. This CFW works on all PSP's, PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 and GO! In case it does, don't downgrade. If it doesn't, downgrade back.

This CFW comes most useful for PSP 3000 09g which come with 6.30+ OFW and can't be downgraded.
    Your OFW must be at 6.35 OFW already if not then follow steps of installing 6.35 OFW

Installing 6.35 OFW
    Caution : During attempting this tutorial, charge your battery to 100% and keep the AC cord connected to avoid any possible bricks.

1-Download 6.35 OFW for PSP 1000, 2000 and 3000 or 6.35 OFW for PSP GO ( Depending on your PSP )
    2-Extract it
    3-Copy EBOOT.PBP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSP memory stick ( or internal storage on PSP GO ). If you don't have an update folder then create one, but make sure it's all in CAPS
    4-Go to Game - Memory Stick on your PSP and run the update and follow the onscreen instructions.

5-Congrats, now proceed to the next step of installing 6.35 PRO-B2

Installing 6.35 PRO-B2
    Caution : During attempting this tutorial, charge your battery to 100% and keep the AC cord connected to avoid any possible bricks.

2-Download 6.35 PRO-B2 and 6.35 PRO-B2 Fast Recovery
    2-Extract both archives
    3-Copy to 635PROUpdate and 635FastRecovery to PSP/GAME on your PSP
    4-Run 6.35PRO-B Updater from Game-Memory stick on your PSP or PSP Go
    5-Press X to install CFW. It'll ask you to Press X when it's done, Press X.
    6-When it's done, go to Settings-System settings-System information. If it states 6.35 PRO-B2 then well done.
    7-This CFW is temporary, so when you turn off your PSP, you're gonna need to reapply it by using Fast Recovery which you downloaded and copied earlier. Just run 635PRO Fast Recovery from Game-Memory Stick and you should be rocking back on 6.35PRO-B2
    You should be able to launch homebrew, plugins, ISO's, PSN PSX Games and converted PSX Games now. ISO's go in ISO Folder in root of your memory stick or PSP GO internal storage or M2 memory stick ( Root is very first place you see once you open PSP or PSP GO drive on your PC ). If you don't have an ISO folder, then create one, all in CAPS.

For users on 6.35 PRO-A/PRO-A1/PRO-A2/PRO-A3/PRO-A4/PRO-B and want to update to 6.35 PRO-B2

1-Delete the current 635PROUPDATE and 635FastRecovery in PSP/GAME on your PSP
    2-Download 6.35 PRO-B2 and 6.35 PRO-B2 Fast Recovery
    3-Extract both archives
    4-Copy 635PROUPDATE, 635FastRecovery to PSP/GAME on your PSP
    5-Run 6.35PRO-B Updater from your PSP under Game - Memory stick
    6-Press triangle to uninstall the current CFW in your PSP
    7-Run 6.35PRO-B updater again
    8-Press X to install it
    9-Once it's done, it'll prompt you to press X to finish installation, press X
    10-To re-enable the CFW after a cold boot, use 6.35 Fast Recovery for PRO-B2
    11-Congrats, you've just installed 6.35 PRO-B2

Hope I helped
    Credits:
    Sony for making PSP
    DAX, M33 team and GEN team for all their work.
    Total_Noob for all his work for PSP Scene
    Virtuosflame and ColdBird for 6.35 PRO-B
    You for just reading my guide

Last edited by Skorpian; 03-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Note : All my guides are outdated.

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Nice.

You should post screenshots, and leave a lil of more space in between the lines.

Okay but do you know any good screenshot plugins?
    As for spaces, will fix that thanks

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Okay thnx.
    Since I've been outta the scene for a while, I got a quick question
    Why did davee release a 6.35>6.20 downgrader. Can't we just use on 6.35 version.txt trick to go directly to the OFW we want?
    And if not possible, to downgrade from 6.35>5.03 on unhackable PSP's, it's 2 steps right? Like 6.35>6.20 by Davee, then 6.20>5.03 using TN's version.txt trick?

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

most likely fakeindex.dat doesnt work on 6.35.

And if not possible, to downgrade from 6.35>5.03 on unhackable PSP's, it's 2 steps right? Like 6.35>6.20 by Davee, then 6.20>5.03 using TN's version.txt trick?
    yup

Well, kamen, I'm busy now working on another tutorial. So if you can please try it on your PSP 1000 or 2000? Thanks mate.
    But btw that version.txt trick is said to work on 6.36 to downgrade it to 6.35. I don't have MH3P UMD so I can't try it though. If it does work on 6.36, I don't see why it wouldn't work on 6.35, 6.31.

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

u take it easy there skorpian. i'll look for an answer for you whilst you're busy with your tutorials.

no , it doesnt work.

Lol I'm taking it easy. Anyway, thanks for taking time to search. I can't understand why it doesn't work though.

Heads up, guide updated to include 6.35 PRO-A1
    As for using version.txt trick, yep I tried it on 6.35, the 6.20 updater launches, but then loops into black screen and returns into xmb with error code.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast