Thread: [Tutorial] Downgrading 6.36 to 6.35

concealedid is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default [Tutorial] Downgrading 6.36 to 6.35

This is in case you happened to install 6.36 from the Monster Hunter 3 UMD or get a PSP with this firmware already on it.

For this, you will need:

- a PSP with a Memcard and USB cable
    - Official FirmWare 6.30 Updater
    - Official Firmware 6.35 Updater
    - PsarDumper
    - any version of HEN6.36

STEP 1: FORMAT YOUR MEMORY CARD

This is important! I tried forever to run PsarDumper and HEN and couldn't, and I think this was the reason. So backup your saves if you need to, but format your memcard.

STEP 2: RUN HEN 6.36

There are two versions of this, the standalone and one that uses an exploit with the Minna No Sukkiri demo. I used the one with the demo, but you should be able to use the standalone as well AFTER YOU FORMAT YOUR MEMCARD.

STEP 3: RUN PSARDUMPER

After your PSP resets, you should be able to run PSARDUMPER. Before you do this, move the 6.30 Official Firmware EBOOT file to the root directory of your memcard. Then run Psardumper, and follow the instructions.

STEP 4: MOVE VERSION.TXT

Psardumper should have created an F0 folder. Go into here, then "VSH," then "ETC." Take the "version.txt" file, and move it to your root directory.

STEP 5: UPDATING TO 6.35

Now, move the EBOOT file from the Official Firmware 6.35 to PSP -> GAME -> UPDATE folder. Run the 6.35 update from your PSP menu, and it should update fine!

Hope this helps! It took me a whole day to figure out, and I think the problem was that I didn't have my memcard formatted (I just threw it in right after I bought it). Let me know if you have any questions.

presm26 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default hi

i got d psp 3000 on OFW 6.36 and i've installed 6.36 HEN signed by Coldbird & VF. The problem is my psp shutsdown whenever i run the hen. on your tut, at the second step... is it possible to go tru the downgrade even if the Hen didnt worked???
    thanks in advance

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by presm26 View Post
    i got d psp 3000 on OFW 6.36 and i've installed 6.36 HEN signed by Coldbird & VF. The problem is my psp shutsdown whenever i run the hen. on your tut, at the second step... is it possible to go tru the downgrade even if the Hen didnt worked???
    thanks in advance
    you can disregard this tutorial now old news no longer worth hassling with, delete the files you d/led for this hen.

next follow http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/ult...o-cfw-t299905/