Thread: [Tutorial] How to run ISO/CSO files straight from the XMB. This works with all games.

Ameer27 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Post [Tutorial] How to run ISO/CSO files straight from the XMB. This works with all games.

Have you been looking to run your games straight from the XMB? Did you try aLoader or OpenIdea but did not work with all your games? Well, here is the solution for ya!

You will need:
    1. A hacked or CFW PSP.
    2. ISO_Tool. You can download this here.
    3. An ISO or CSO file of your choice.

Now follow these steps:

Step 1:
    First, download ISO_Tool and extract the files.

Step 2:
    Connect your PSP to your PC. Among the files you extracted previously, there should be a folder named "PSP". Open that folder. Inside it you will find another folder "GAME", open that one as well. Now, inside GAME there is a folder titled "iso_tool". Transfer that folder to "PSP drive letter/PSP/GAME".

Step 3:
    Transfer your ISO/CSO to the ISO folder in the PSP root. If you don't find that folder, just create it and name it "ISO" in uppercase letters.

Step 4:
    Now disconnect your PSP. In the XMB, go to Game. There you should find a file named "iso_tool". Run it.

Step 5:
    After you run iso_tool, you should see a list of all your ISO/CSO files. Navigate to the ISO/CSO file you wish to run from the XMB, and press X. Then select the option "Make XMB-ICON", and then press X. Choose "Yes". You will see a message saying "Finished". Press X to confirm.

Step 6:
    Exit iso_tool. Go to Game from the XMB menu. There you should see your game. Run it and enjoy!

I hope I have helped.

EDIT: If you have 6.35 PRO-B then you don't need to do all this. Just make sure your games are in the ISO folder, and PRO will load them for ya.

Last edited by Ameer27; 03-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.

sunu94 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer27 View Post
    Have you been looking to run your games straight from the XMB? Did you try aLoader or OpenIdea but did not work with all your games? Well, here is the solution for ya!

You will need:
    1. A hacked or CFW PSP.
    2. ISO_Tool. You can download this here.
    3. An ISO or CSO file of your choice.

Now follow these steps:

Step 1:
    First, download ISO_Tool and extract the files.

Step 2:
    Connect your PSP to your PC. Among the files you extracted previously, there should be a folder named "PSP". Open that folder. Inside it you will find another folder "GAME", open that one as well. Now, inside GAME there is a folder titled "iso_tool". Transfer that folder to "PSP drive letter/PSP/GAME".

Step 3:
    Transfer your ISO/CSO to the ISO folder in the PSP root. If you don't find that folder, just create it and name it "ISO" in uppercase letters.

Step 4:
    Now disconnect your PSP. In the XMB, go to Game. There you should find a file named "iso_tool". Run it.

Step 5:
    After you run iso_tool, you should see a list of all your ISO/CSO files. Navigate to the ISO/CSO file you wish to run from the XMB, and press X. Then select the option "Make XMB-ICON", and then press X. Choose "Yes". You will see a message saying "Finished". Press X to confirm.

Step 6:
    Exit iso_tool. Go to Game from the XMB menu. There you should see your game. Run it and enjoy!

I hope I have helped.

EDIT: If you have 6.35 PRO-B then you don't need to do all this. Just make sure your games are in the ISO folder, and PRO will load them for ya.
    i dont get the the option of 'make a xmb icon'.... what to do? please help.