Thread: Ripping UMD's To Memory Stick [6.20 TN & 6.35 PRO]

101Kido is offline -Hacks Newbie

Post Ripping UMD's To Memory Stick [6.20 TN & 6.35 PRO]

Good Morning/Afternoon PSPers,

I Know That There Is Alot Of You That Already Know How To Rip A UMD Straight To Your Memory Stick , So For Those Who Allready Know This Give Me A Break For There Is Alot That Don't Know.

So This Tutorial Is How To Rip UMD's Straight To Memory Stick As Stated In The Title.

Things Needed:

* PSP (1000 , 2000 , 3000) With CFW 6.20 TN - A , B , C , D OR 6.35 PRO-A , B
    * TempAR v1.61 -> http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1963
    * Memory Stick (Minimum 1 GB + , Recommended 2 GB +)
    * Computer
    * USB 2.0 to Mini USB Cable To Connect To PC
    * UMD Game To Rip (Backup Purposes Only)

Lets Start...

* Install TempAR v1.61
    * Enable Plugin Trough Recovery Menu OR VSH Menu
    * Reset VSH
    * Start UMD game
    * Wile In-Game Press Home x2 Then + & - At The Same Time (Home) (Home) (+ & -)
    * A Menu Will Now Pop Up (If Not Then You Skipped A Step Or Did Something Wrong)
    * Use R Button To Scroll To The "PRX" Tab At The Top.
    * Select "Pause Game" And Set It As True.
    * Now Scroll Down To "System Tools"
    * Now There Wil Be A Few Options To Choose From , Choose "UMD Dumper" And Press X (Or 0 For PSP 1000 Users)
    * Your PSP Memory Card Indicator Light Will Now Start Blinking To Say That It Is Busy Dumping UMD / Ripping UMD.
    * When It Stops Blinking You Can Quit And You Shall See Your ISO In ms0:/ISO Directory

I Hope That You Found This Usefull.

This method Was Tested Using 6.35 PRO-B3 AND 6.20 TN-D. If You Tested This Method On Another CFW And It Worked Please Reply So That Others Can See.

*This Method Was Used To Backup Your Legally Owned UMD Disc And Sould Not Be Used Illigally *

** Eny Damage To Your PSP Is Not My Fault As You Sould Do This AT YOUR OWN RISK **

I UPDATE THIS TO A NEW AND EASIER TUTORIAL , CHECK IT OUT : http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/rip...per-6-t283820/

101Kido

Last edited by 101Kido; 04-10-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Nitro530 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

its easier using psp filer 6.6 !

101Kido is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro530 View Post
    its easier using psp filer 6.6 !
    Well 6.35 PRO And 6.20 TN Does Not Support Homebrew Accessing UMD...

101Kido

Nitro530 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

yeah true.psp filer 6.6 doesnt rip umds on pro b 4 sigh.worked with gen c.theres got to be a easier way to rip umds but my 16 gb full lol rather store it directly to the pc hard drive.then i can delete and add games to the psp mso anytime.now to get that damn psp usb connection working.think my cable damaged.win xp sp3 doesnt recognize the psp usb cable connection now when it did before ! Also had a problem charging with the psp cable.it says device unknown and malfaction error on the pc.the cable charges but wont connect by usb on the pc grrr