5.03 GEN/MHU/OFW to 6.20 Pro B-9 Permanent
This tutorial is mainly aimed at people who are still using 5.03 GEN-C or 5.03 MHU. (All psp 2000 models are compatible with this firmware)
- A psp 2000 or psp 3000 with firmware 5.03 OFW/5.03 GEN/ 5.03 OFW ( technically this should work on any psp with module 5g or lower)
- 6.20 OFW
- 6.20 PRO-B9
1. Shut down your psp completetly so that you are on OFW 5.03
2. Download OFW 6.20
3. Extract the file
4. Connect ur psp to your pc and copy EBOOT.PBP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE/
5. Navigate to Game - Memory stick:
6. Launch 6.20 OFW update
7. Press X to start the update;
8. Click on the right direction button a few times:
9. And click on X
10. The update has now started and will take a couple of minutes to complete.
11. Click on X once the update is complete.
12. Now check the system software..It should read as Version 6.20
13. Now download 6.20 PRO B-9 Pack
14. Extract the file. You will see the below folders:
15. Copy PROUPDATE , 620PRO_Permanent and FastRecovery to PSP/GAME/
16. On your psp, navigate to Game - Memory stick and launch PROUPDATE
17. Press X to launch CFW:
18. Once the installation is complete press X
19. Now check the system software (this is an old picture, it should read as 6.20 PRO B-9
20. Now launch 6.20 Pro-B Permanent patch
21. Press X to install the permanent patch
22. Press O to the next message
Congratulation!! now you are on 6.20 PRO B-9 Permanent.
Uninstalling 6.20 PRO B-9 Permanent
1. Make sure you have the following files on ur memory stick:
2. Make sure you have vshorig.prx on the root of ur memory stick. Never ever delete this file..Also keep a copy of this file somewhere safe on ur computer..
3. Now Open 6.20 PRO-B Permanent Patch :
4. Press X to uninstall the Permanent Patch. It will uninstall and exit to XMB
5. Next open PRO UPDATE:
6. Press Triangle to unistall CFW. Now ur psp will reboot to OFW 6.20.
It's the same for flofrucht's guide. But nice guide! (because of the pictures.) This will help "N" people.
PSP 3004 = Exchanged with PSP go.
PSP go (PSP-N1001) = PRO-B9 PPatch installed.
hi, im kinda noob at this psp thing really T_T
i followed what you said but i got stuck at step 5 when i choose the 6.20 update it says (80020001) The game could not be started.
btw im using psp 2000 version 5.03MHU
please do help me i will really appreciate it..
Make sure you have copied the EBOOT.PBP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE/
Also try switching off your psp completely and run the update from OFW 5.03
easy to follow, helped me, thank you
ok, this helped me. thanx. just wondering though, the 620 pro-b fast recovery, do i leave it on the psp or can i delete it?
You will need it to install the CFW every time after shut down (unless you have applied the permanent patch).
Originally Posted by
followed the tutorial....
when i try to install pro update, it does install the CFW however it crashes when i press "X" for restarting in the CFW PRO B-5...
isn't this relavent to anyone with a <6.20 ofw?
in the perma-patch part you might want to put a warning about backingup the vshorig.prx as it's needed to uninstall the patch, there have been threads about psp3000 users not backing it up and thus not being able to recover from a semi-brick.
i got it right after adding the SDK folder
Thanks for the useful guide.