The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
1.5 to 6.39ME2 on a PSP1000
PSP1000 Firmware 1.5 => 6.39ME-2
This guide will take you through the process of upgrading your PSP system from 1.5 to 6.39 ME-2 custom firmware (enabling homebrew).
I’m writing this because I had a lot of trouble running about learning how to upgrade properly. This guide aims to cut the browser tabs down to just one.
DO NOT skip any of these steps. I’ve been re-assured on all of the pages I visited that skipping is a very bad thing to do.
Step 1: upgrading to 3.52
This need to be done in order to upgrade to the 5.00 M33.
- Official Sony 1.5 EBOOT from HERE
- Official Sony 3.52 EBOOT from HERE
- Download PSP 3.52 M33 from HERE
- 3.52 M33-3 HERE
- If you are under official 1.50 PSP firmware, copy kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders from "1.50only/" of this download to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME/"
- Run kxploitpatcher from your memeory stick on PSP
- Copy M33CREATOR folder to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME" (1.50fw)
- Rename the 3.52 EBOOT.PBP file to 352.PBP and place it on "ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/"
- Rename the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to 150.PBP and place it on "ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/"
- Go to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR". It’ll create its own new executable. Once finished, it will go back to the XMB.
- New you need to run it. Go again to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33UPDATE". You'll have to press X to agree to the installation.
- When finished, press X to shut down and reboot manually.
- NOW 3.52 –M33 is installed. But you’re not finished
- After a reboot, it’s time to update to 3.52 M33-3. Copy the M33-3 update EBOOT across to "ms0:/M33UPDATE3/PSP/GAME150/M33Update3/"
- Now run the file! It should look like a calendar with loads of 3’s. You can check to make sure it’s the right file by pressing Triangle and checking the info.
- This is a smaller update, so it shouldn’t take too long. After you’ve finished that, you can move to 5.00 M33
Step 2: Upgrading to 5.00 M33
- Official Sony 5.00 EBOOT from HERE
- 5.00 M33 from HERE
It’s imperitive to have 3.52 M33-3 installed before trying 5.00 M33. Going from 3.52M33 to 5.00 M33 will just not work
- Rename you EBOOT.PBP for the official Sony EBOOT to 500.PBP and place it in "ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/"
- Copy the 5.00 M33 EBOOT.PBP across to "ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/" next to 500.PBP
- You’ll probably have to overwrite a file. That’s okay. Just do it.
- Exit your USB mode on the PSP and Run the 5.00 M33 EBOOT from your memory stick
- Let it do its thing and follow the prompts. The files I used didn’t give me any issues. I’ve included links to them in the list above
- After the update, reboot and check to see if you’re on M33-3 from system settings. If so, it’s time to update to 6.39 ME-2
Step 3: Upgrading to 6.39 ME-2
- Official Sony 6.39 EBOOT from HERE
- 6.39 ME-2 EBOOT HERE
- You know the drill by now. Rename the Official Sony 6.39 EBOOT to 639.PBP and copy to "ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/"
- Now Copy the 6.39 ME-2 EBOOT across to the same folder - "ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/"
- Now run the update file. It’ll boot to a console window first and then start installing the firmware.
- After it’s finished, let it reboot. Now Turn it off again.
- Now Turn your PSP on, holding R. this will boot into a bios style Recovery Menu
- Scroll down to Configuration (and go into it)
- Scroll down to UMD Mode. Switch to M33 Driver –NO UMD- if you’re planning on running homebrew without it checking for a UMD
- Exit and reboot
- Have a party, because you’re finished.
1.5 Firmware linky - http://downloads.exophase.com/432/psp-firmware-150/#
3.52 Official Sony DL - http://downloads.exophase.com/706/psp-firmware-352/
3.52 M33 information + DL - http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1210
3.52 M33-3 Update information + DL - http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1229
Official PSP 5.00 Firmware - http://downloads.exophase.com/162/psp-firmware-500/
5.00 M33 information + Dl - http://www.atmaxplorer.com/2008/10/p...3-is-released/
6.39 Official Sony DL - http://downloads.exophase.com/755/psp-firmware-639/
6.39 ME2 Information + DL - http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/2097
All Firmware list - http://downloads.exophase.com/category/psp-firmware/
I don't take responsibility for any issues that you have, or if you brick your PSP. This worked for me, and since I couldn't find a guide, I've made one. Ye be warned!
Last edited by MrNoms; 05-29-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Reason: corrected 6.39 typos
you took a long time, eh? Like mine . . . xDD
Add Some Reputation If I've done a good JOB !
6.39 ME-2 User
It's 6.39 ME-2 (like in the title).
You have written 6.36 ME-2 several times in the beginning of the tutorial, correct it.
Anyway, good tutorial, I like how it's organised. +rep
coming from 371 M33-3
thanks for taking the time to post this tutorial.
i am coming from 3.71 M33-3 and was wondering if i could also follow the same steps? been a very long time since i picked up my psp so i am completely out of the loop. any help or advice would be most appreciated.
you follow steps 2&3, there is a me-5 out now but the installation is the same(make sure to get the cfw version not the lcfw version, the lcfw version has an installer and loader folders while the cfw version has the UPDATE folder so you'll know if you got the wrong version when you extract it).
Originally Posted by smallcaps
Last edited by fowler002; 06-08-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Okay I'm having a problem, not sure why. I did the update to System Software 5.00 M33, now I'm trying to move on to Step 3 which has me upgrade to 6.39. The only problem is, when I go to Games on my PSP to do the update and click memory card, it says "There are no games." My update is loaded into the PSP/GAME/UPDATE like it should be. I've tried w/ 6.39 and also tried just updating to 5.00 M33 -3 and still the same thing. It won't find the update anymore. What am I doing wrong?
Edit: NVM, I got it. I did the format from the PSP options and that seemed to fix it for whatever reason.
Last edited by urmystlkal; 06-10-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Tags for this Thread