Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hmohammed43

Thread: Fixing a semi-bricked psp-3000

hmohammed43 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Fixing a semi-bricked psp-3000

Right, here's my guide on fixing a semi-bricked psp-3000 from fixing the problem on mine via research. I found everything was kinda scattered so I thought i'd put everything on one post.

Just to clarify, semi-bricked in my case was that the psp couldn't boot into the XMB (black screen and green light, then no green light and no xmb) but it could boot into recovery mode.

You might be a higher risk if you don't have a vshorig.prx file, but I doubt you'd have deleted it
    Upgrading (to OFW)

Right, let's start this. First, download these two files:
    http://uploading.com/files/c9457122/6.20Downgrader.exe/
    http://uploading.com/files/21afcb11/...kRecovery.exe/

Boot your PSP into recovery mode and select the option saying "Toggle USB Mode". It should bring up your memory stick. If not, go into "config" and check to make sure the "XMB USB Device" is set to "Memory Stick" (use left and right to adjust). Place both of the files you downloaded in your ms0:/PSP/GAME folder.

From your PC, run "Semi-BrickRecovery.exe" in the folder. This will create two folders (or merge if they exist) called "RECOVERY" and "UPDATE". Inside UPDATE there should be a file called OFW.PBP and inside RECOVERY there should be an EBOOT.PBP and a trick.prx file. This will upgrade the PSP to 6.35 (above my 6.20 pro permanent). If you need to update to something higher, download the file for it from http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/36 (or from http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/69 if you're using a pspGO) and move the EBOOT.PBP from the archive into the update folder, renaming it OFW.PBP so it replaces the current one.

When you've done all that, there's another thing to do. Delete your seplugins folder (because your plugins might cause problems) from the root of your memory stick. Then, turn off USB. Choose the "Reset Device" option, press X and hold R to go back into recovery mode again. Now, pick the option that reads "Run /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP". An application should open, telling you to either press X or R if you want to install OFW or not. I would suggest pressing X!

WAIT! Don't think it's bricked again, it'll go black, then spend a little bit of time loading the updater. Then it'll run it. Update like normal, and you'll have 6.35 OFW (or whichever version you chose).

Downgrading

We're gonna downgrade now! If you wanna downgrade from anything other than 6.35/1 then you'll need to find a different downgrader and probably different instructions. Go into USB mode, and delete the UPGRADE and RECOVERY folders (you can leave recovery there if you wanna, but it'd just take up space on your XMB)

Run the "6.20 Downgrader". It doesn't downgrade 6.2 to something else, it downgrades 6.35/1 to 6.20 (really bad naming choice on my part). This will bring back the UPDATE folder with a file for the 6.20 OFW, and add a "downgrader" folder. Go out of USB mode after it's done.

Go to Game on the XMB, then Memory Stick. Press X, and look for the "6.35 Downgrader" (it should be a grey icon with a controller). Run this. This will check the integrity of the updater, then ask for you to confirm. Press X when it does, then it'll check again and run the updater. Update like normal, and it's done!

OR IS IT?! A blue screen will come up with loads of languages. I struggled to find english because of the vast amount of languages on it, so i'll save you the trouble. Press O. This will clear the configs, so it'll be like a new psp again. From 6.20 you can put on 6.20 pro!

Freerun and jennykim like this.

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

http://forums.dashhacks.com/f118/6-3...-v3-5-t296930/ latest downgrader allows you to downgrade from 6.39, 6.38, 6.35 and 6.31 to 6.20(or from 6.39 and 6.38 to 6.35 if you have a 7g+ psp 3000, but in that cas your tutorial isn't relavent as they can't be on 6.20 in the first place to have a 6.20pro-bx semi brick ).

I don't have 6.20pro-bx perma on my psp go(don't wnt to risk bricking etc downgrading from 6.35 ), but I've read you need the vshorig.prx on the root of the memory stick to uninstall the patch(o it'll brick) and for unbricking from a semi-brick) you don't mention it in the tutorial so was wondering if you had it when you unbricked your psp.

hmohammed43 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fowler002 View Post
    I don't have 6.20pro-bx perma on my psp go(don't wnt to risk bricking etc downgrading from 6.35 ), but I've read you need the vshorig.prx on the root of the memory stick to uninstall the patch(o it'll brick) and for unbricking from a semi-brick) you don't mention it in the tutorial so was wondering if you had it when you unbricked your psp.
    I dunno if it used the vshorig.prx file, but I'll edit to mention it at the start. Thanks for noticing that!

prat947 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Thank youuu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    I was searching how to unbrick my semi-bricked psp for 4 months since it was bricked !!!!

Now I am So happy !!!!!!!
    You saved my life, psp and 3000 rs(around 60 dollars)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crayman122 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hello, I know im 4 years late to reply to this thread by when i try to do this i get an error

it says

The update cannot be started.
    The data is corrupted.
    (IDXFFFFFFFF)

i followed the tutorial exactly, what am i doing wrong?

terminatordxxx is offline -Hacks Newbie

What version u got!!!
    Last edited by terminatordxxx; 08-02-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Dingding11 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thank you for your guide,it's so nice