Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gameboot length

DarkStone is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok this is for those who want to make thier own gameboots.
    The maximum gameboot length is 2.5 seconds. Yes its quite short but I have made plenty of gameboots that fit within that time range :)

Also the gameboots that you make can also be used as an icon (eg, in a gamesave icon or an eboot icon).
    The maximum size is 500kb for an icon.

I just wanted to clear this up.

And keep the gameboots coming! :)

Cya.
    DarkStone.

DeathByDefault is offline -Hacks Smarty

not true ive made a few 3 second ones... lol my psp is that laggy i guess it pwns!!!

"COMMENCE THE JIGGLIN, huh"

note after seeing clerks 2 i just have to make a fet boots of jay and silent bob XD
    LilPeen

-dance-

SilverWolf is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

You can make 3 second ones, but it won't play the last 0.5 seconds, at least from my experience of trying to get a good F/SN one
    2.00 -> 1.50 -> 1.00 -> 1.50 -> 1.50 HarleyG / 2.71 -> 2.71SE-B -> 3.02OE-A -> 3.02OA-B -> 3.30OE-A -> 3.40OE-A -> 3.52 M33 -> 1.50 -> 3.40OE-A -> 1.50 -> 3.40OE-A -> 3.52 M33 -> 3.52 M33-2

JoostyJuice is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

The most I have stretched a gameboot without any cutoff is 2.7 seconds. Usually I set the clip to go a few frames ahead to 2.75-2.8 seconds, and it stops at the place I want it to.

DeathByDefault is offline -Hacks Smarty

eh ok no point in arguing ;)
    LilPeen

-dance-

What software do you guys use to cut the bit you want out of videos? I have blaze media pro, but it sucks, it's always crashing and not capturing exactly what I want.
    2.00 -> 1.50 -> 1.00 -> 1.50 -> 1.50 HarleyG / 2.71 -> 2.71SE-B -> 3.02OE-A -> 3.02OA-B -> 3.30OE-A -> 3.40OE-A -> 3.52 M33 -> 1.50 -> 3.40OE-A -> 1.50 -> 3.40OE-A -> 3.52 M33 -> 3.52 M33-2

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    What software do you guys use to cut the bit you want out of videos? I have blaze media pro, but it sucks, it's always crashing and not capturing exactly what I want.
    I went through my share of video editors, and disliked all of them or ran into stability issues. Including, but not limited to, ultra video splitter, easy video splitter, avi splitter, movie maker, etc. Then just using virtualdubmod became my #1 preferred method for almost all my gameboots. Try it out and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoostyJuice
    I went through my share of video editors, and disliked all of them or ran into stability issues. Including, but not limited to, ultra video splitter, easy video splitter, avi splitter, movie maker, etc. Then just using virtualdubmod became my #1 preferred method for almost all my gameboots. Try it out and see how you like it.
    I thank you kind sir, I had no idea it was such a good program.

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You can make 3 second ones, but it won't play the last 0.5 seconds, at least from my experience of trying to get a good F/SN one
    same. For some reason these pmfs made with the umd tools method end up getting cut off before at about 2.8 seconds. All of mine have done this. I wish we could find a way to fix this, but nobody has any idea why it happens. Must the the way they are transcoded with the MPS to PMF thing

Hmmm...ever since I got back yesterday I've been running into trouble making new gameboots. They are either too long and cut off early if i try to stretch them past 2.8 (which is normal) but if i make it under 2.8 they will play through, and then cycle again and be cut off on the 2nd time after a half a second. It's very strange. Even when I go back and make sure the video and audio are exactly the same length down to the thousandth of a second it will do it. Quite frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast