Thread: Half Life 2 Gameboot, Bootsound and Background!

Jyon is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've been a... shall we say, covert member of this community since PSP homebrew infancy; and have often shared the wisdom of some of the pillars of this unique community - taken a lot, and never really given back.

Not even with posting. Until today.

Today, I get to use that which I have been taught by these very boards, to return something to you guys. It's not much, but I do hope someone enjoys it ^-^

Enclosed in the below .rar is a gameboot, a bootsound and a background that I have created myself. I take no credit for the original artwork of the background, nor the sources of the gameboot and bootsound (though in fairness, that's because they're FROM Half Life 2, with the exception of the background artwork), I just pieced it together. The gameboot is best used with the PSP logo intact (for x-flash users) - and shows a picture of Gman, and the HL2 logo, surrounding the PSP logo. The bootsound is a little message from Gman with a little ambience (though oddly I can't hear the ambience almost at all when not using earphones). The background is shown below.

http://files.filefront.com//;5531891;;/

<Insert Usual Disclaimer Here>

If you mess up your PSP with my junk (which I only even learnt to create today), then I'm sorry; but that's your risk to take. Note that I havn't flashed these to my 1.5 firmware yet - only emulated in devhook (which works fine, by the way). I don't see any reason why it should cause you problems, but regardless, you've been warned.

Anyway I hope you enjoy.

Jyon <3

scooochie4 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Man, i think that last paragraph is kinda putting people off!!! I haven't tested but it looks good!

Teh_Noodles is offline -Hacks Smarty

Wow, first to download.

Very sleek and mysterious... I like it. But it registers a full 3 seconds in windows media player where as all my other gameboots i have register as 2 seconds. So it most likely needs to be shortened a hair. So i wouldnt recommend anyone flash it yet. But if your bold go for it.

Jubblin is offline -Hacks Veteran

wow i really like that bg.

JoostyJuice is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Awesome, I was in the same boat as you Jyon, being a covert member and starting giving back with themes such as these. Now I have a custom gameboots thread with thousands of views on it. So keep at it, this is really good start.

Oh, a boot clockin in at 3 seconds in a media player will still work, wont mess up in my experience, just cut off a bit sooner.

Jyon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Actually - and I forgot to mention this in my original post - the movie is deliberately that long. The reason being, and the reason I created my own gameboot - is a lot of the gameboots publically available tend to overlap - that is to say, apparantly the PSP loops the video if it ends before the "freeze" point where the PSP loads - which occasionally resulted in the end of the movie popping up after it had played, leaving a half baked still whilst you loaded.

It irritated the piss out of me =) So - I made a 2 second video, and then added just under 2 seconds extra, of just black footage. This way - the entire movie dosn't play - but the second half of the movie is there simply so the rest of the screen stays black, whilst loading - which in my opinion, gives a quality finish.

As for the last paragraph, I only added it because... well - it IS my first gameboot - and I'd hate to be responsible for someone ending up a couple hundred out of pocket because of their bricked PSP. The truth is - if you flash it - there really isn't any greater risk with the files I've made, than there is with any other bootsound or gameboot - and if you were unsure, there are a few precautionary procedures available, such as testing in devhook, making sure the files comply with the rules for "non-bricky" file templates ( which they do, i.e not too large, nor too long ); and finally that custom firmware mod you can pickup with xflash.

At any rate, I made it because of my own irritations with some of the available gameboots and sounds. If anyone else is able to enjoy what I've made, thats an added bonus =)

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

Nices :)

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks