Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: De-Brand PSP Gameboot for FW2.71 (DH .46)

lightsource is offline -Hacks Newbie

I would like to know how I can disable/debrand the PSP logo from the gameboot while in DeviceHook.

Breath of Fire is offline -Hacks Veteran

Replace the gameboot.pmf with another one.
    _______PSP | Version 3.52-M33 | 2GB Memory Stick Pro DUO
    _______Click Here for my Fully Setup gpSP thread

lightsource is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Breath of Fire
    Replace the gameboot.pmf with another one.
    Which one?

There's a resources folder and a resourses folder.

I replaced both and I still get that branded crap.

JoostyJuice is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

As far as I know there is no way to debrand the PSP logo when emulated devhook firmware 2.5+. Sorry.

Razgriz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Disable it on your 1.5 then use fileassistant to copy opening_plugin.rco to the 2.71 dh folder and it will be gone.

psp phd is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

opening_plugin.rco is the bootsound. You must have meant GameBoot.pmf
    See all my PSP projects
    Visit Shizzy\'s World @ The Playground

http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?board=40.0

Razgriz is offline -Hacks Newbie

It's the opening bootsound and the PSPtm logo. The gameboot.pmf is just the video that plays behind it.

n3olop3z is offline -Hacks Neophyte

cool i've been looking for a way 2 get rid of that logo for a while i'll try it later

Smurff is offline -Hacks Smarty

is there a way to edit it to say something else? does this cover the SCE at the intial boot as well?

Currently on 5.00 M33-6 ; side not my sigpic is a bit outdated

Paco is offline -Hacks Member

...im a bit puzzled, i dont want to come off sounding like an asshole here, but you guys are really that confused about this? just to sort it out boot sounds and the psp logo are the same file. just each is stored at diffrent hex decimals or w/e so in order to debrand the system as you call it replace the open_plugin.rco file like stated already, but it will overwrite any custom bootsounds you may have on the system, so be warned.
    otherwise you need to collect the raw files of the bootsound and refeed it into the new open_plugin.rco. i dont rember which post but one of these somewhere on these pages has a debranded file i think it was one of the ps1 gameboot posts if i remeber right. now if you go to the custom bootsound section under the "playstation portable,psp" post is some software for you to make raw files of a pre made boot sound so that you can recreate the sound you want with the new open_plugin.rco file you want to use, anyone who has trouble with this can either pm me or aim me at edbtz3933, ill walk you through it if im not doing anything. (but i go to school like 100 hours a week and work another 80) gameboot.pmf's have really nothing to do with the system booting those strictly come into play after you launch some kind of game or homebrew on the system, and to answer smurff's question mate, you can make it say anything you want just as long as its 3 seconds or shorter otherwise the system will lock, beside that you just "SIMPLY" need the raw sound files in order to make it into a rco, there should be 2 one .vag and one .wav, just get the software from the bootsound section and use ahh something beside the standrad windows sound recorder sometimes it just doesnt work any 3rd party sound software will do fine, record it in wav use the software bundle to first convert it into a vag file then the 2nd exe to feed it into the rco file you want to use. bitrates and frequencys dont make a bit of diff as far as i have seen cause the bundle reformats the sound anyway, just remeber "3 SECONDS OR LESS..." 3 seconds or less should make it more than fine to work in dh 2.71 after a simple copy over.
    and i just noticed that this is a shit load of reading for anyone who takes the time, hope it helps anyway... im out

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast