Thread: CONFUSED!!! Can someone plz clear up a few questions

momo91 is offline -Hacks Newbie

1. Whats the difference between a CIntro and a Gameboot

2. Is there a way to change the opening screen (like the SCE one) (the one u see when u first turn on ur psp)

3. Ive seen some stuff posted by capnfuffy on his site but i cant get to his site (this is for capnfuffy)

PwarSknightsP is offline -Hacks Member

1.Cintro plays after a hardboot of the psp and gameboot plays when u start a game/homebrew
    2.with cfw u can stop the play of the SCE and just make the psp play the Cintro instead
    3.I believe his site is down at the moment

so u cant play a cintro on FW1.5?

PwarSknightsP is offline -Hacks Member

I believe u need a custom firmware to play Cintro

can neone confirm this??? i want a CIntro on my FW 1.5 psp

jimmyleet is offline -Hacks Smarty

Cintro is used to play PMF Files on a hardboot link Helloprx use to do, it can play a movie and what not on a cold boot, it works on 1.5 and OE-B

how do i put it on my psp? is there a tutorial? will x-flash do it?

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

here is a cintro tut by Busta...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I decided to make this as quite alot of people have the same problem installing cintro it is an application on your psp so that when you boot up your psp it plays your custom pmf file.

THIS DOESNT WRITE TO FLASH SO THERE IS NO CHANCE OF BRICKING YOUR PSP

2.71SE users this part isnt for you look further down for SE installation

For 1.5fw users you do need custom firmware to use this so pls dont try it without C|Fw

Here are the details straight from the readme:

* BEFORE ANYTHING, I WOULd LIKE TO THANKS AND GIVE MOST OF THE CREDIT TO Sorin P. C who make the pmfplayer AND THANKS TO DARK_ALEX FOR MAKING THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE!
    * WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?
    o This is almost like HelloPRX by Sousanator except it plays PMF files instead of displaying ascii.
    o This program will play a PMF file after you do a hardboot. During the movie, you can press X to skip the movie...However, the movie will freeze and if you press X right when the movie is about to be over.
    * THIS SHOULD NOT BRICK YOUR PSP SINCE YOU HAVE ALEX'S CUSTOM FIRMWARE OR HARLY OR ANOTHER CUZTOM FIRMWARE INSTALLED!!!
    * NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY USE .PMF MOVIES
    * Requirements:
    o Custom Firmware Proof of Concept - by Dark_alex
    o An PMF movie that you want your intro to be
    o 1.5 Firmware (this has not been tested out on 2.71
    * How-to-Install: THIS WILL OVERWRITE PSPSYSTEMCONFIG.TXT if you want to edit config CONFIG.TXT yourself you can. I recomend it if you have harly custom firmware or another custom firmware installed (SEE SELF INSTALL)
    o 1. Activate your USB
    o 2. Open up the zip and put the folder "PSP" in the root folder
    * Self-install (if you have custom firmware by harly or another custom firmware installed)
    o 1. Open the "self installed" folder and copy the PSP folder in the main root.
    o 2. backup config.txt open up config.txt
    o 3. after autoboot = type in "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/INTRO/EBOOT.PBP";
    * IF YOU MESS UP YOU CAN ALWAYS HOLD L AND R AFTER YOUR HARD BOOT YOUR PSP.
    * CONFIGURATION:
    o You can config this program so it will run another program when the movie is over.
    o all you have to do is go to :PSPSYSTEMINTROintrocfg.ini, open it up and type the path of what you want to boot up
    o example:
    open up introcfg.ini and type ms0:/PSP/GAME/IRSHELL/EBOOT.PBP to boot up irshell
    open up introcfg.ini and type "xmb" (all in lowercase) to run the sony XMB
    * KNOWN BUGS:
    o movie will freeze and if you press X right when the movie is about to be over

THIS PART IS HOW TO INSTALL FOR 2.71SE USERS

Running SE-B and to get CIntro working put the folder INTRO into psp/system/ then put the BOOT folder in in psp/game/.

Now you only put the pmf you want to play at startup in the INTRO folder found in your ms:/psp/system/intro not the BOOT folder.

Once thats done go into Recovery mode ->configuration and enable eboot autorun program from the settings
    When using 2.71SE you dont need to press X to activate the pmf.

GUY ENJOY
    busta
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if you want to stay with 1.5 you will need to install one of the custom firmwares, I would recommend HarleyG for 1.5. But I recommend 302OE-B over any older cfw.
    use the 271SE method to set up cintro on 302OE. Good luck ;)
    ( ^^)b

Exzero is offline -Hacks Newbie

question wth do we do with the CONFIG.TXT do we have to rewrite it or something cause when I make a BOOT Folder with the EBOOT.PBP from the INTRO Folder in the GAME Folder called BOOT it gives me pmfplayer.prx module loaiding failed Im using OE-B