Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IN SEARCH OF SMALL GAMEBOOTS (under 196 KB)

Chete is offline -Hacks Newbie

FIRST OF ALL SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST, MODS YOU CAN DELETE POST "T"
    ****************************************************************************

In the following thread "custom Gameboots on 3.02 OE-A ?" http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58727

It is said that :
    Gameboot movies for 3.02 SE must be no greater in size than the original gameboot movie.

I've looked around the gameboots section and can't find anything under 250 KB. I'm guessing due to size limitation I can't expect to get the coolest gameboot out there, but if anyone can point me to some gameboots that are as small as the original, i'd like to at least feel like I'm customizing my psp...

If not, is building my own gameboot the only other alternative ?

Thanks guys !

karloz25 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I too am in search for small gameboots... I hope someone comes-thru... :)

ralphie2511 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

there is a mod that will let you load them off the Memory stick just try a little googling

jimbob is offline -Hacks Member

i need a 196 kb gameboot too
    pl;z find one!
    With great power comes great responsibility!

EndlessBlack is offline -Hacks Smarty

I found this in reference to 271SE I am assuming this is what you mean ralphie

Loading Gameboots from your memory stick!

first off get a decrypted 2.71 dump
    get a hex editor

with your hex editor look in vsh/module/opening_plugin (of the decrypted dump)
    do ctrl+f and find gameboot.pmf

flash0:/vsh/resource/gamboot.pmf

i changed to

ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/gameboot.pmf

start from the F in flash0:/ and rewrite the whole line

use filer to flash modded opening_plugin to flash0:/vsh/nodle

this is a great mod for those of you who have jamesbdx's patch and want a custom gameboot.

if you dont have a memory stick in and load a umd, it will just show a gameboot similar to the 0kb gameboot. and game will still work!

I followed it up to the "I changed it to MS0: etc" but then it lost me can someone give me a "for dummies" explination of those last 2 lines? thx

and obviously you would use a 3.02 dumped/decrypted firmware rather then 271 but I assume the idea is the same..

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgr een::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Check under ma sig :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgr een::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:: mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ( ^^)b

To ralphie2511: Yeah I knew about that mod (by the way thanks EndlessBlack for the mod info) but I honestly don't feel comfortable enough to hex the firmware, modified and flash it.... yeah i know i'm not changing much, but I'm not one to venture, specially when I just barely downgraded my TA-082

To mmmmmm: YOU ROCK MAN ! thanks for downsizing your boots ! I can't believe my luck, among the ones you compressed, you compressed my favorite one, the dancing jessica alba !!!;)

Zakenz is offline -Hacks Member

Hey you already posted this , you can use bigger gameboots use x-flash it will tell you when your gameboot is too big
    i use 350kb gameboots in 3.02 OE-B no need for downsizing the gameboots
    \"Justice? The meaning of justice can change from one day to the next , A professional soldier never brings justice into the mission , Politics are fickle , they change with the times so as long as we remain loyal to our countries soldiers like us need nothing to believe in\"

Quote Originally Posted by Zakenz
    Hey you already posted this , you can use bigger gameboots use x-flash it will tell you when your gameboot is too big
    Well the think is xflash doesn't let me load because as it runs through it's system check it calculates I have 0.1mb of free space and 19.9Mb used out of 20mb in flash0. After I "get the boot" because it's states my file is to big, so I literally can't flash bigger bootscreens. If you didn't have the problem, maybe it had to do with the fact that I'm using a downgraded TA-0.82 ?

Could it be that the mobo comes with less flash space/ use up more flash space ?

Just a thought.

ricerocket21x is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Zakenz
    i'm using x-flash 18e n ne gameboot over 195kb it boots me off. my custom gameboots r at least 500kb n none of them work.
    Luck is better than skill.
    PSP Lifeline: 1.5>1.51.>1.52>2.0>1.5>2.6>2.71>1.5>2.71SE-C>3.02OE-A>3.02OE-B>3.10OE-A\'
    Current Playing: Crash Bandicoot series, Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet And Clank

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast