Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hrk
    hrk is offline -Hacks Neophyte

MMMMMMMMMMM GAVE ME One of his cool gamebootz and i just downloaded x-flash and so now how do i get the gameboot to work?

hrk

How Do I Install A Game Boot Using X-flash I Have A Gameboooot

hrk

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze Sum1 Help Me Lol

chubaca is offline -Hacks Neophyte

u put the gameboot in the xflash folder under modefied, then u run xflash *should be the 8th option* then press triangle

yay i am no longer a newbie ALTHO I STILL THINK LIKE ONE

chubaca is offline -Hacks Neophyte

oh yea, make sure the gameboot is compatable *the right size*

yay i am no longer a newbie ALTHO I STILL THINK LIKE ONE

Chete is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hrk
    MMMMMMMMMMM GAVE ME One of his cool gamebootz and i just downloaded x-flash and so now how do i get the gameboot to work?
    HRK = total newb .... :sigh:

To HRK: Dude you really should be posting this in the help section, but if your not going to bother, at least check your own posts...

in this thread http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=61063

Quote Originally Posted by hrk
    hey i got 3.02 oe-b too and where do i download gameboots and where do i put them when i downloaded them?
    to which i already replied the following:

The gameboots are in THIS SECTION, you can download them by looking for them in THIS SECTION, the gameboot section....

You need to put the game boots inside:

ms0:\PS\__SCE__XFLASH\XFlash\Modified ---> and then replace gamebooot.pmf with the gameboot you downloaded

(you need to have installed x-flash on your psp, make sure to take one of the latest versions to be sure its 3.02 oe compatible)

then just run x-flash and choose the option to change gameboots

Not to sound all high and mighty, but I've registered to this board since october and have read several threads to make sure I understand what I'm doing before I do it. I alos ONLY post when I'm sure I cannot find the answer using either the search function or google...

so please don't spam the board, have a little patience for replies, look back where you post (better yet, subscribe to threads where you post) and get acquainted with the search function....

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Yes.

and ALWAYS READ THE README.TxT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *********************************** X-Flash V18f - Art 2006 **********************************
    ******* For Sony Playstation Portable with Firmware Versions 1.50, 2.71 SE, or 3.02 OE *******

Hi Guys,

X-Flash is a firmware modification program written primarily for my own use. I wanted a way to quickly apply
    newly discovered firmware hacks, and to automate the process of customising any new PSP units that I might
    purchase in the future. Not all of the firmware modifications performed by this program are my own,
    but I do use all of these modifications permanently on my own PSP units. The X-Flash program has followed a
    logical progression, and now features some firmware tools that I did not consider when I started the program.

********************************* Grant Of Software License **********************************

The X-Flash Program is free to use, but I retain ownership of my software, and grant of license to use
    it is under identical terms of GPS Trackmaker license agreement (reproduced in part with permission),
    that pertain to preservation of protected ecosystems. View the entire agreement for GPS Trackmaker:
    http://www.gpstm.com/downloadscontract.php

"LICENSE GRANT

The author grants a non-exclusive license to use the program, free of charge, if the user:
    Does not use the program for illegal purposes;
    does not practice activities that destroy or degrades the environment;
    does not practice polluting activities;
    does not throw trash on the ground or through the car’s windows;
    when going to the beach and creeks takes his trash back until finding a trash collector;
    does not practice any activities that hurts animals, like hunting, out-of-season fishing, pigeon shooting,
    dog fight, etc.;
    does not buy wild animals that, by law, may not be created out of their natural environment;
    has ecological conscience and protects nature.
    People that for any reason do not fit the conditions above, are expressly forbidden to use the program."

In addition to the above agreement, grant of Lisence to use X-Flash Version 9h or above, also requires
    adhesion to the following terms:

When the user visits a Beach or other body of water, National Park or other protected environment,
    he or she leaves no damage to live vegetation, leaves no unnatural polluting material, or litter,
    and removes non-combustible material from fireplaces, or litter that may have been left by other people
    if it is reasonable to do so.

***********************************************************************************************

NOTE ON MULTI FIRMWARE SUPPORT:
    X-Flash has always checked for PSP firmware version 1.50 at startup, and terminated if any other
    firmware version was detected. As of Version 18, X-Flash auto detects PSP firmware version at startup,
    and allows execution with 2.71 SE and 3.02 OE firmware PSP units.

The same X-Flash Version can be run on all supported firmware versions, and acts accordingly.
    There are no seperate download packages for different PSP firmware versions.
    There is a note later in this document that outlines functionality with supported firmware versions.

***********************************************************************************************

To Install the X-Flash program, copy the program folders to the usual PSP/GAME folder of your 1.50 or
    the PSP/GAME150 folder for 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE firmware version PSPs. You will not be able to start the
    program with any unsupported firmware versions on your PSP. Now you should be able to launch the program
    from the PSP Game menu. Users of 2.71 SE and 3.02 OE can convert the KXploited package to a single 1.0
    compatible executeable if they wish to remove the corrupt icon.

There is a parental control implementation in X-Flash that will prevent the program from starting
    if the PSP parental control is set to anything other than off or 1. X-Flash is allowed to start with the
    strongest parental control setting (1), because people used to use it to prevent UMDs from starting while
    powering on the PSP unit. This feature, although still implemented, has become redundant since the
    introduction of custom firmware with configurations that allow the PSP to coldboot straight to the XMB menu.

If you encounter a red warning screen informing you of an incorrect registry version, or program
    termination results because Parental control was mistakenly reported by X-Flash as set incorrectly,
    this is because your registry was not updated with an upgrade to one of Dark_AleX's hybrid firmwares.
    Select "Restore Default Settings" option in the PSP's XMB menu (in System Settings) to correct this problem.

After program launch, the user must agree to a disclaimer screen prior to entering the menu.
    You are only required to agree to this disclaimer screen once, and it will not be displayed again.

The absence of the power adapter (mains cable) will also trigger a prompt to plug it in before continuing
    if the battery is not present, or battery condition is very low.

The program maintains real time checking for the power cable and battery condition at all times.
    X-Flash will shut itself down when the PSP system is in low battery condition. This is when the battery is
    very low, and the green LED starts flashing. The user of this program does not need to concern him/herself
    with the condition of the battery while using the X-Flash program.

Once in the menu, any option can be selected by moving up and down or sideways with the joypad, or the
    analogue joystick. The screen footer always offers a brief description of the currently selected option.

As a general rule the user presses 'X' to commit the selected modification to firmware, or presses 'O' to
    reverse the selected modification. If you are running X-Flash with 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE firmware, selecting
    any disabled features will trigger a message that informs the user that the feature is unsupported.

Dark_Alex's firmware mod is included in X-Flash with his permission. I would personally like to thank
    him both for producing the mod, sharing it with everybody, and allowing me to include it in X-Flash.

The original vshmain.prx is read from the PSP firmware at run time, so there's still no Sony executeable
    code in X-Flash. Catch up on PSP updates forum for more info on Dark_AleX's mod.

Other than the ps2dev.org libraries, the Mikmod sound library and ps2dev.org example code, Dark_AleX's
    firmware mod is the only executeable code in X-Flash that is not written by myself. This mod is so good,
    I just had to include it. This custom firmware modification only pertains to firmware version 1.50 PSPs.

The basic X-Flash support documentation is being maintained in the program's built in document reader.
    This is auto opened the first time X-Flash is started, and available from the program's menu after that.

FURTHER DETAIL ON FIRMWARE VERSION 2.71 SE / 3.02 OE SUPPORT:

Features currently disabled for firmware versions 2.71 SE and 3.02 OE:
    - XMB Menu Label editor, and custom label options. <>
    - Firmware Version Spoofers. ^^
    - Plain Black PSP About Screens.
    - XMB System Sounds. **
    - Some Easter Eggs won't work because they rely on version spoofs, detailed name plate picture, etc.

** Implemented for 2.71 SE, but not implemented for 3.02 OE yet.
    ^^ All Version Spoofer is implemented for 3.02 OE, but not 2.71 SE.
    <> Menu Editor is implemented for 3.02 OE if a special decrypted file is used.

*********************************** X-Flash Support Forum *************************************

An official download page and support forum has been opened just for X-Flash!
    Thanks to Hellcat for setup and maintenance of the forum and download area.
    Please visit for program news & updates, and help from other users:
    http://xflash.pspstuff.de/forum/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best advice always comes staight from the developer. ;)
    ( ^^)b

hrk

thanks for replying i downloaded one of mmmmmmmmmmmms' gameboots and replaced it with the gameboot file tht was in modified folder so do i just put %__SCE__XFLASH AND __SCE__XFLASH FOLDERS in my game folder? and how do i get cool font in my psp?

hrk

i flashed it and went to the 8th one and pressed triangle it succesful and now when i started bushido blade the custom gameboot didnt work it ok now got it workin so now if i get a cooll font i want where do i put tht file in the same foldeR?

hrk

can i delete it now that its done you know the 2 xflash folders

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast