Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cintro

viper is offline -Hacks Newbie

What Are Cintros And Arents They Too Long To Be Gameboots?

WraithLeader is offline -Hacks Newbie

CIntro is a program that uses a PMF prx to play PMF files. If you disable SCE logo and put it as the Eboot to load at bootup, it essentially replaces the SCE logo bootup with a video file. It does not replace the gameboot and will not appear when you start a game; it only appears from a coldboot. Since it is essentially a PMF player, size ultimately doesn't matter. A CIntro PMF can go for a few minutes and thus capture an entire scene instead of the brief two seconds you get with a gameboot. One of my favs is the Family Guy one in this subforum with Louis pushed in the car.

And How Do I Install A Cintro Im Running 3.02 Oe-b

It's fairly easy. Follow these instructions:

First download from here:

http://piccahoe.phase1media.com/CINTRO_0.2.ZIP

GUIDE TO INSTALLATION ON OE-B

1. Get into USB mode (either in the XMB or in Recovery, doesn't matter)
    2. Install the INTRO folder to System with only the introcfg.ini and intro.pmf files in it.
    3. Create a folder called BOOT in GAME and put the eboot.pbp and the pmfPlayer.prx in here. (This is where most of you are getting the PRX error)
    4. Enter the introcfg.ini under the System folder and set the autoboot to "bootup=xmb;" so you can go directly there after the intro. Save the file.
    5. Exit USB and, unless you are already in recovery (if so go to step 5), turn your PSP all the way off.
    5. Hold right trigger as you restart to enter recovery mode. Go to Configuration. Turn off the SCE logo on startoff that way the CIntro is the only bootup before entering xmb. Also enable the autoboot of BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. Hit Back.
    6. Exit recovery and see your craft at work! Enjoy!

Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I got a file that is 4.39 mb and I have 2.4 mb of free flash space. Can I run it off my memory stick or something?

Quote Originally Posted by WraithLeader
    It's fairly easy. Follow these instructions:

First download from here:

http://piccahoe.phase1media.com/CINTRO_0.2.ZIP

GUIDE TO INSTALLATION ON OE-B

1. Get into USB mode (either in the XMB or in Recovery, doesn't matter)
    2. Install the INTRO folder to System with only the introcfg.ini and intro.pmf files in it.
    3. Create a folder called BOOT in GAME and put the eboot.pbp and the pmfPlayer.prx in here. (This is where most of you are getting the PRX error)
    4. Enter the introcfg.ini under the System folder and set the autoboot to "bootup=xmb;" so you can go directly there after the intro. Save the file.
    5. Exit USB and, unless you are already in recovery (if so go to step 5), turn your PSP all the way off.
    5. Hold right trigger as you restart to enter recovery mode. Go to Configuration. Turn off the SCE logo on startoff that way the CIntro is the only bootup before entering xmb. Also enable the autoboot of BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. Hit Back.
    6. Exit recovery and see your craft at work! Enjoy!

Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
    Do I change this bootup=ms0:/PSP/GAME/IRSHELL/EBOOT.PBP;
    to "bootup=xmb;"? Also do I need irshell for this to work?

Thanks I got it to work I got a question though does this save over any flash and does can I also use gameboots?And also what will happen if I don;t have my memory stick in my psp?

It doesn't save over any flash (part of the reason it is so attractive for OE-B users ;) ) and this doesn't replace any gameboots. When you launch a UMD or homebrew, your gameboot.pmf from your flash is still what is booted. All CIntro does is provide you with a PMF movie from a coldboot so as to replace that boring SCE startup from a coldboot. If the memorystick is not in the PSP and you still have OE-B loading that eboot, it will freeze. Two solutions: put in a memory stick with the video and CIntro on it or enter Recovery mode and turn off autoboot of BOOT/EBOOT.PBP.

Personally, I love this program. Now if only I could get a Windows or someone to convert my clips into PMFs...

OK thanks for the help :)

adrianj is offline -Hacks Neophyte

thanks for the help guys. I was wondering too. using the halo 3 video now. roxx.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast